Sceptile Trouble

1NSAN1TY

Ive recently started working a couple movesets for my Sceptile, but none of them seem to ever work. I told my friend and he turned me to this sight and told me to post here for advice. This is why Im here now I guess, so anyway..

Would anyone want to help me with a good Sceptile moveset? Thanks.

it depends on if you want all grass type pokemon in ur party or if u want a mixture becase sceptile can use more than just grass type moves because if u had a all grass type pack what where to happen if u would verse a fire type???

• 3 weeks later...

SpecsSceppy is by far the best Sceptile set. Sceptile has higher special attack (105) than attack, which is pretty lackluster (80). For example, 252 Attack Adamant Sceptile can NEVER one-shot Bulky Gyarados with Thunderpunch, which shows how low its attack is.

SpecsSceppy can really be a menace; it can take down many of OU's top threats. This is the set:

Sceptile @ Choice Specs

Timid, Overgrow

31/30/31/30/31/30

252 SA, 224 Spd, 32 HP

~ Leaf Storm

~ Focus Blast

~ Dragon Pulse

~ HP Fire

The EVs are simple actually: 224 Spd with a boosting nature guarantees outspeeding all non-scarfed Starmie. Max out SA and put the leftover EVs in HP to give it more bulk, which allows it to survive unboosted or resisted weak attacks. I can do damage calcs if you want but I cannot really be bothered now.