Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size .PK8 files from the internet and my own .PK8 file migrated from Kalos region.

flowerpot2

I moved my pokemon from Pokemon Sun to Pokemon Sword using Pokemon Home, then i traded that pokemon from Pokemon Collection on Discord to get it's .PK8 file so i can then edit it on PKHEX however i am getting the 'Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size'. I also tried opening .PK8 files which i got from Pokemon Collection and internet but they all show the same result.

Upon some research, i can change the setting of PKHEX to ForceHaxonLaunch but even that didn't work.

thanks! PKHEX just accepted the .PK8 with SW/SH blank save version. So i tried updateing the PKM and turned it into Egg but now its giving me: INVALID : Can't have Handling Trainer Memory as Egg but when i checked the memory it does not show any OT names. How would i fix this?

rghrh.PNG

21 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

You likely aren't importing to a SW/SH save file. Double check the program title bar.

Hello Kaphotics, i have an issue in regards to this PKHeX file, actually 2 issues, one is it says at the top ( brilliant diamond) when i need the PKHeX for pokemon sword. and second and most important issue is that when i try opening my nintendo save file from my SD card it has a pop up saying file is to large. is there any way to get around this? 

55 minutes ago, nicki89 said:

Hello Kaphotics, i have an issue in regards to this PKHeX file, actually 2 issues, one is it says at the top ( brilliant diamond) when i need the PKHeX for pokemon sword. and second and most important issue is that when i try opening my nintendo save file from my SD card it has a pop up saying file is to large. is there any way to get around this? 

Dump your save file correctly, and only import files that are compatible with the currently loaded save file.

Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl cannot communicate with Sword and Shield, hence you cannot load PK8 files on a BDSP save.