Help with editing pokemon into Leafgreen

LU191

Hello, I'm having some difficulty getting a specific pokemon into a sav of Leafgreen.

I'm trying to put a Pichu into my party right after being given my starter pokemon, and everything is almost working fine - I can use it in battles and it shows up in my pokemon menu. However I can't check its summary. Doing so causes the game to hang on a black screen. 

I've also experimented with some other pokemon and the same thing happens. I've attached a google drive link that contains the sav file I made containing Pichu. Any help would be much appreciated :)

The .sav:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12K8snKef2lCR_HVJzb6UngkUtEBaQNoZ/view?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, LU191 said:

Hello, I'm having some difficulty getting a specific pokemon into a sav of Leafgreen.

I'm trying to put a Pichu into my party right after being given my starter pokemon, and everything is almost working fine - I can use it in battles and it shows up in my pokemon menu. However I can't check its summary. Doing so causes the game to hang on a black screen. 

I've also experimented with some other pokemon and the same thing happens. I've attached a google drive link that contains the sav file I made containing Pichu. Any help would be much appreciated :)

The .sav:

In the future you can upload files directly to the post it helps keep you a little more anonymous verses Google Docs. The problem with the Pichu is you set its level to 1 where the lowest level in the game is 2 and apparently the game can't load the summary for level 1 Pokémon. Just set the level to 5 for Pichu since that is the level Pokémon hatched at prior to gen 4.

Oh weird I didn't know that about Level 1s not existing yet. That's super funky. So there's no legitimate way to obtain a level 1 pokemon in gens 1-3?

And thanks for your help that totally fixed it!

Edited by LU191

10 minutes ago, LU191 said:

Oh weird I didn't know that about Level 1s not existing yet. That's super funky. So there's no legitimate way to obtain a level 1 pokemon in gens 1-3?

And thanks for your help that totally fixed it!

Nope, lowest level in level 2 which can be found on early routes and eggs in gens 2 and 3 produce level 5 Pokémon.