Has anyone had save files fail/corrupt while using PKHex?

UnOrthodoox

Hey so I was trying to get Dialga into my Omega Ruby game (citra emulator) using PKHex so I could try and catch Giratina as "legitimately" as possible but I am so dumb when it comes to computers and I ended up just giving up. However, when I tried reloading the game it said the game file was corrupted. This has happened to me once before but I was able to just resave after loading a save file and the problem was fixed. Now it says that the game failed to save. Any ideas on what I could do? The one thing that I think went wrong is that to connect my save files from citra to PKHex I dragged and dropped the "main" document into downloads because I could not find a citra folder to grab the files from. I did copy the file and paste it back into citra though which is why I'm stumped

I'm actual a technological genius and figured it out. Thank though

What happened is I moved the true game save file into my downloads and so I could select and link it to PKHex. I thought I made an exact copy and put it back but it was actually a blank file so I just grabbed the original and put it back in the correct place 👍

Yeah maybe I'm not a "genius" quite yet. I watched a couple youtube videos on how to use PKHex/connect it to a save file and they just used a citra folder that was already created but when I look through my files, I can't find anything like that. Then when I moved the save files to downloads and tried importing dialga, I got a bunch of errors saying stuff about the original trainer/handler info doesn't match up. So I guess I'll just start an alpha sapphire game, catch them there, then try and figure out how to trade through citra

4 minutes ago, UnOrthodoox said:

Yeah maybe I'm not a "genius" quite yet. I watched a couple youtube videos on how to use PKHex/connect it to a save file and they just used a citra folder that was already created but when I look through my files, I can't find anything like that. Then when I moved the save files to downloads and tried importing dialga, I got a bunch of errors saying stuff about the original trainer/handler info doesn't match up. So I guess I'll just start an alpha sapphire game, catch them there, then try and figure out how to trade through citra

PKHeX flags bad hacks. You can also use PKHeX's native encounter database to generate Pokémon for you. Stuff that user created from scratch are usually flagged illegal, due to various issues.

Make sure you load your save first!

(The example below doesn't have a save loaded; it's just to show you the menuing)
image.png