Changing PKHeX file type

Reapus

Hello, I tried googling and looking around the forum for the solution to an issue I'm having with no luck other than this post, though I'm not sure it answers my question specifically.

I am trying to open/create/edit/save legal PK1-7 files so that I can upload these files to a generation 7 Pokemon game in order to transfer them to Pokemon Bank and then Pokemon Home but am unable to change PKHeX's default PK8 files to anything else. Upon trying to open a file from an older generation, I either get an error, or the file loads, but the Pokemon is flagged as "incorrectly transferred from a previous generation."

I have also tried changing the blank save file from Sword to Ultra Moon multiple times with both the current PKHeX build and the latest unstable build and it doesn't change. I read a forum post here that briefly mentioned a possible fix being using the batch editor or putting the Extra Bytes section to 0, but those two things also don't seem to be a solution. Any help is appreciated.

Update: I want to update this thread with a solution. It turns out that each time I tried changing the blank save to a different game, I was pressing reset all. If you're having the same problem, just be a big brain and don't press that. Instead, select the game you want and simply exit the window.