Problems with PKHEX - 20.10.24- Invalid Save

xana009

Hi, Ive tried opening my saves with the new release and the app says are invalid saves.

Ive tried extracting saves with JKSV and Checkpoint (done binary comparison) exact saves and the app doesnt open any of them.

Ive noticed that my SHIELD saves work fine, but my SWORD saves (even previous to Crown tundra) cant be opened.

I need some help.

Thanks

save.zip

27 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Somehow you changed your "Game" value to "Sun" (SN), which PK HeX does not like -- it expects SW/SH.

I skipped over that restriction and manually changed it to Sword, and exported the file. It's attached.

main_verchange 1.53 MB · 3 downloads

Hey, could i ask you how you did that? I used a binary comparison tool to check both saves and the lasts bytes were the difference.

Edited by xana009

8 hours ago, xana009 said:

Hey, could i ask you how you did that? I used a binary comparison tool to check both saves and the lasts bytes were the difference.

The save file is encrypted and signed; PKHeX unpacks it and checks its integrity.

This portion of PKHeX's code will reject an invalid save file to try and prevent a corrupted save from causing errors in the program.

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/blob/3b5bcc9dad36d60aa8d5f2cd084a622621f37e92/PKHeX.WinForms/MainWindow/Main.cs#L725-L731

I just set a breakpoint before the if statement, and changed the version when the breakpoint was hit.

On 10/25/2020 at 9:28 AM, Kaphotics said:

The save file is encrypted and signed; PKHeX unpacks it and checks its integrity.

This portion of PKHeX's code will reject an invalid save file to try and prevent a corrupted save from causing errors in the program.

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/blob/3b5bcc9dad36d60aa8d5f2cd084a622621f37e92/PKHeX.WinForms/MainWindow/Main.cs#L725-L731

I just set a breakpoint before the if statement, and changed the version when the breakpoint was hit.

Nice, how did you changed the version? I was reading the code, but cant find how you determined the version of my save so as how yuo fix it.