Legal Pokemon genned corrupts save.

Generated legal pokemon time and again in AS, but each time I do so my saves corrupt and I have to load a backup. I can only edit pokemon's moves and stats that have been already caught and are in my box, and a few mystery gift pokemon that worked. I tried genning a Reshiram fresh and a version that was a Zekrom cloned and had its species and moves changed to suit Reshiram, as well as a Gallade. All of them failed and corrupted my save. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

main 643 ★ - Reshiram - 3DE26AF00EE7.pk6 main

8 minutes ago, LuxHalcyon said:

Generated legal pokemon time and again in AS, but each time I do so my saves corrupt and I have to load a backup. I can only edit pokemon's moves and stats that have been already caught and are in my box, and a few mystery gift pokemon that worked. I tried genning a Reshiram fresh and a version that was a Zekrom cloned and had its species and moves changed to suit Reshiram, as well as a Gallade. All of them failed and corrupted my save. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

main 472 kB · 0 downloads 643 ★ - Reshiram - 3DE26AF00EE7.pk6 260 B · 0 downloads main 472 kB · 0 downloads

The before and after save both loads on PKHeX.

you mind showing me a screenshot of the inside of the save folder?

Just now, theSLAYER said:

Okay can you update Citra?

I loaded your save on Citra and it loaded just fine.
This is the reshiram in your after save, which you injected right?

Hide contents

image.png

If so, then the issue is your Citra, not PKHeX.

Yeah it is, I downloaded Citra Canary relatively recently so I'll try and update to the newest version, I'll let you know how it goes, thank you!

Updated Citra, went through the same steps and it's still corrupted on my end

image.png.e00453acc26a7185518a6c7b86f3de7e.png

4 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Okay can you update Citra?

I loaded your save on Citra and it loaded just fine.
This is the reshiram in your after save, which you injected right?

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

If so, then the issue is your Citra, not PKHeX.

main

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Still loads.

image.png

This is clearly on your end. Something is wrong with the Citra you're using :/

should I completely uninstall and reinstall it? I'm not sure what else I can do. Which version are you using? Mine was 1733 after updating.

14 minutes ago, LuxHalcyon said:

should I completely uninstall and reinstall it? I'm not sure what else I can do. Which version are you using? Mine was 1733 after updating.

image.png

Just updated to 1733, from here. save still works.

edit: also tried updating in emu. still worked.

No idea what went wrong for you.

edit again: I see you have the 1.4 update. I don't know how you installed it onto Citra, maybe there's something wrong with the installation process. Play the base AS.

(Also, it's unlikely that's the issue for regular 3DS. Loading 1.4 saves on the base and vice versa would normally work fine.
I can only assume that there's something wrong with your patching process or something.)

13 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

image.png

Just updated to 1733, from here. save still works.

edit: also tried updating in emu. still worked.

No idea what went wrong for you.

edit again: I see you have the 1.4 update. I don't know how you installed it onto Citra, maybe there's something wrong with the installation process. Play the base AS.

(Also, it's unlikely that's the issue for regular 3DS. Loading 1.4 saves on the base and vice versa would normally work fine.
I can only assume that there's something wrong with your patching process or something.)

I tried to uninstall the update via deleting it from the folder in Citra but if I tried loading the game after it'd corrupt my file again unless I put back the update