PKHeX won't open my Omega Ruby save

Dracofeu

Hi,

Recently, whenever I transfer my save from my  3DS to my laptop and open it with PKHeX,  I get this error. At first, I thought it  was Checkpoint that was messing  with the save, but I tried the  same method with my POkemon Y  and UM saves and they both opened normally. Hell I even erased my OR save and started a new one and that one works but as soon as I restore my main  save, it stops working with  PKHeX.

Attached is the problematic save.

Thanks for  any help  !

main

2 hours ago, Dracofeu said:

Hi,

Recently, whenever I transfer my save from my  3DS to my laptop and open it with PKHeX,  I get this error. At first, I thought it  was Checkpoint that was messing  with the save, but I tried the  same method with my POkemon Y  and UM saves and they both opened normally. Hell I even erased my OR save and started a new one and that one works but as soon as I restore my main  save, it stops working with  PKHeX.

Attached is the problematic save.

Thanks for  any help  !

main 472 kB · 0 downloads

Have you received a starter and saved in-game?

Also, when I loaded up your save in OR, there's this message.
image.png

Going back to your story, are you absolutely sure you're dumping and restoring the save correctly?

4 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Have you received a starter and saved in-game?

Also, when I loaded up your save in OR, there's this message.
image.png

Going back to your story, are you absolutely sure you're dumping and restoring the save correctly?

Yeah I'm about to tackle the  Elite 4 in the save that  I linked. It's really weird that it shows  that it's corrupted since I restored the backup to make sure that it's backed up properly :/ 

And  I don't understand why my Y and UM (and even OM a couple days ago) work using the same method.

3 minutes ago, Dracofeu said:

Yeah I'm about to tackle the  Elite 4 in the save that  I linked. It's really weird that it shows  that it's corrupted since I restored the backup to make sure that it's backed up properly :/ 

And  I don't understand why my Y and UM (and even OM a couple days ago) work using the same method.

as of now, I cannot be sure that you're exporting and importing the right save.

Maybe try exporting a different save, and uploading that different export to us.

15 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

as of now, I cannot be sure that you're exporting and importing the right save.

Maybe try exporting a different save, and uploading that different export to us.

I attached both my main Pokemon Y save and a Pokemon Omega Ruby test save after receiving the starter and both work with PKHeX. My main save of Pokemon OM attached in the OP has been retrieved in the same way but somehow does not work.

Thanks for your help btw !

Pokemon Omega Ruby Pokemon Y

@Dracofeu

The Y and OR save you upload loads just fine.

Spoiler

image.pngimage.png

Just to be clear, what was the first save for again? I assumed it was Omega Ruby (based on the title),
but this other OR save loads just fine.

Was it a UM save. In your paragraph, you said that UM save loads fine, and that OR doesn't load,
I'm wondering if you swapped the game titles around, and it was UM that doesn't load

edit: the size of the first file would suggest it's an ORAS save.
Have you collected the starter in that save?
Tho that wouldn't explain the corrupted message now.

Try saving twice in-game, making a new export, then send that export to me.

Oh sorry for the  confusion, the save in the OP (which doesn't work with  PKHex) is my actual Omega Ruby save (40+ hrs of gameplay,  8 badges) , thinking that there was a problem with the way Checkpoint backs up my saves I started a new OR save to test, which works just fine with PKHeX. Which leaves me questioning as to why my actual save won't work knowing  that the steps  to backup/retrieve the test OM save and my actual OM save are the same.

Hope I didn't make more confusing.

Edited by Dracofeu

1 minute ago, Dracofeu said:

Oh sorry for the  confusion, the save in the OP (which doesn't work with  PKHex) is my actual Omega Ruby save, thinking that there was a problem with the way Checkpoint backs up my saves I started a new OR save to test, which works just fine with PKHeX. Which leaves me questioning as to why my actual save won't work knowing  that the steps  to backup/retrieve the test OM save and my actual OM save are the same.

Hope I didn't make more confusing.

Well the other saves are fine. If you think it's Checkpoint, try backing up using JKSM instead and see how that goes.

https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/releases

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

You device has CFW right?

Yes.

and your Omega Ruby is cart? are you certain your cart is real?

No, it's in the SD card.

If you restore the Treecko save into OR, does the game load?

Yes.

So after more trials I ended up finding  the culprit, I  think.

It  seems that when I send my save data  over wifi using Filezilla, something happens in the process that ends up corrupting  the save. Why  this only happens to my Omega Ruby save and not the other Pokemon saves, I have no idea. So the solution is to plug the micro SD directly to the computer, that way no corruption happens and PKHeX is able to open the save again.

Thanks for your help @theSLAYER !

• Like 1