First Time Checkpoint User - Have I cocked up?

Chinapiggy

Hello, 

please bear in mind that I am literally ONE DAY fresh from installing CFW and Homebrew, Luma, and Checkpoint on my 3ds, and I had to follow a step by step guide very slowly. 

I managed to save a pokemon y save file in checkpoint. All good. Today I went to put a new save file, that I created in pkhex, into the checkpoint, and load it from checkpoint and thus into the game. 

I seem to have cocked up somewhere - when Y is loaded, it tells me the save data is corrupted. 

This is what I did. Removed sd card, put into computer. moved new .sav file named "main" into the file folder 3ds>checkpoint>saves>pokemon y####>main

then took it out and put it back in 3ds, tried to restore it via checkpoint, and it does not list the file to restore, and trying to start up Y gives me the error message. 

Please treat me like an idiot and tell me where I cocked up, and how can I save it? I stupidly didnt have the copy of my own save backed up on my pc (I have learnt my lesson!).

SO my end goal is to shove a save, any save, that will work when I try to play the game. Please help if you can! 

8 minutes ago, Chinapiggy said:

Today I went to put a new save file, that I created in pkhex, into the checkpoint, and load it from checkpoint and thus into the game.

This is what you need to find out:
1. Can said save, the one presently on your SD card, be opened by PKHeX?
2. If it could, are you sure it's named "main" (no extensions), AND nothing else is in the same folder?

Anyhow, read: https://projectpokemon.org/tutorials/save-editing/managing-3ds-saves/troubleshooting-corrupt-saves-r92/

17 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

This is what you need to find out:
1. Can said save, the one presently on your SD card, be opened by PKHeX?
2. If it could, are you sure it's named "main" (no extensions), AND nothing else is in the same folder?

Anyhow, read: https://projectpokemon.org/tutorials/save-editing/managing-3ds-saves/troubleshooting-corrupt-saves-r92/

Thank you - I had somehow deleted the save file path - I started fresh, and then moved the sav file correctly. I just got a bit ahead of myself. Your advice was really helpful, thank you so much. 

• Like 1