Help with Wild Area News importing and encounters.

Duxa

Hi all, Im a bit late to sword/shield, so some events have already passed. Id like to, with minimal external intervention do some of the raid battles that have already passed (for example to get bulbasour and squirtle). I dont want anything special, just want an ability to do the battles as if I connected to Nintendo and got the Wild Area News from them. If I understand correctly, I can do this by importing block data via PkHex. My question is. Once i import, lets say a Wild Area raid from a few months ago, that has already passed, how does it work to actually encounter it? Do I need to set the switch time back or what?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Duxa said:

Once i import, lets say a Wild Area raid from a few months ago, that has already passed, how does it work to actually encounter it? Do I need to set the switch time back or what?

People could have participated during the actual event with any Switch date, thus don't need to change the date back.

Just don't try to share it online, and don't try to share it with other (unless they have the same file, and you're sharing locally)

12 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

People could have participated during the actual event with any Switch date, thus don't need to change the date back.

Just don't try to share it online, and don't try to share it with other (unless they have the same file, and you're sharing locally)

Got it, thanks. Maybe a silly question. But is there a reason why the inject files arent just integrated into PkHex so that they can be just selected without having to go seek out other files?

7 hours ago, Duxa said:

Got it, thanks. Maybe a silly question. But is there a reason why the inject files arent just integrated into PkHex so that they can be just selected without having to go seek out other files?

I'm not a PKHeX dev, so I wouldn't have an answer to that. Maybe it's to not bloat the program unnecessarily, tho I won't have an answer to that.

I'm just glad block importing and exporting is a thing now, because that previously wasn't a thing.