Need help creating an EV spread

Hey out there I decided to get a Crobat and trying to think of a proper EV spread to work with my move-set.

I wanted to use one of Crobat's new moves in conjunction with his abilities as an annoyer. I wanted something that can shuffle the opposing team cutting their health in half, while racking up on Spike/Stealth Rock damage.

My biggest concern is making him bulky enough to take a hit while out speeding the competition.

Crobat

Ability: Inner Focus

Held item: Black Sludge

Move set: Super Fang, Whirlwind, Substitute and U-turn

(Other options I thought could be useful - Protect, Toxic, Hypnosis, Pursuit)

Natures: Impish or Jolly (Can't decided, don't know if I should get the extra speed or bulk)

EV stats: I don't know if I should max HP or Defence (I'm bad at EV spreads)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks very much.

I don't know... I tried running 168 HP/124 Defense/216 Speed on Crobat and it can survive Choice Band Bullet Punch from Scizor and Swords Dance Extremespeed Lucario, even after switching into Stealth Rocks. It is Jolly Nature of course. Nonetheless, a Scizor can do a maximum of ~ 56% damage with Choice Band Bullet Punch and Lucario after a Swords Dance will do around 51%-59% max on a Crobat... so Subbing does not completely help there. 216 Speed outpaces base 130 neutrals... well that doesn't help so much since most 130s go + speed and max speed anyways. But then again, if you are Whirlwinding things away and back, why do you need speed when using a negative priority move? Most Pokemon that go phazing are usually slow, like Skarmory and Vaporeon, so you are already WAY ahead of them. If you do not care for the speed (although it helps going first with Super Fang/Sub/U-turn), just go 248 HP/244 Def/16 Speed Impish. You still outpace neutral base 100s because this hits 300 Speed, and you give the bat a LOT of physical bulk. 248 HP/164 Def/96 Speed Jolly outpaces positive base 110s like Gengar and Latias. The reason for 248 HP is to round off Stealth Rock damage. A suggestion: replace Substitute for Roost if you can... healing helps a LOT here. Overall, put deep thoughts into it... because Crobat is not exactly the bulkiest Pokemon around.

Also I hope this isn't your lead... because you would need Stealth Rocks up for this to be effective. Another useful option would be Taunt: it prevents the foes from doing strange things like Thunder Wave and stuff.

Thanks that was very helpful. It's been tough trying to find the right move-set/EV spread that works. I basically want this Crobat to be able to shuffle the opponent cutting the health in half for as many of their Pokemon as possible.

Also no it isn't my lead I thought of it as a simple annoyer/shuffler but I couldn't make up my mind on what its job should be. It was to be based around Super Fang

Originally I wanted it to Mean Look, Super Fang then Toxic and U-turning out a Pokemon that could easily defeat it or setup in front of it.

Again thank you for taking the time out for an analysis.

• 1 month later...

Might I suggest a spread like 252 HP/136 Spd/120 Def Jolly. 136 Speed with a positive nature lets it outspeed +Max Starmie/Azelf/Raikou. 252 HP for maximum bulkiness and leftover EVs in def. This Crobat can easily take on CB Scizor, as CB Bullet Punch does %45-53! I'd suggest a set of Roost/Taunt/Whirlwind/Super Fang, by the way.