Need Help Hacking My 3DS

Okay so I wanted to use PkHex and I was reading around about homebrewing my 3DS. I haven't played since around when Moon got released, which I played a little bit. My 3DS is on version 11.6.0 and it seems like I can't use PkHex unless I buy a specific sd card (which I do not want to do). I'm also very confused on what to do exactly because I tried to do smealums browserhax which I guess I can't do because of my version. I did this once before in the middle of X/Y and as far as I remember, I just put some files onto the 3ds's SD card, then scanned a code (very blurry memory though).

Is anyone able to give me advice or even a step by step on what I shoould be doing?

Edited by PreparingForHome

24 minutes ago, PreparingForHome said:

I haven't played since around when Moon got released

Unlikely, because 11.6 didn't come out until September 2017, which is 10 months after SM's release (and 11.7 didn't come out until June 2018, so that's a pretty large time frame during which it could have been played and updated.)

But anyway, just do this.

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, Ammako said:

Unlikely, because 11.6 didn't come out until September 2017, which is 10 months after SM's release (and 11.7 didn't come out until June 2018, so that's a pretty large time frame during which it could have been played and updated.)

But anyway, just do this.

Sorry, it seems I had picked up moon a little bit sometime during may again

Also this seems like it would be quick, the hardest part is just reading through it step by step and understanding what to do. I appreciate the response and will probably do it in a few hours when I am able to get to a laptop again.

5 minutes ago, PreparingForHome said:

Sorry, it seems I had picked up moon a little bit sometime during may again

It's ok, it's just that reading what you had written in an earlier post, I was thinking you were in luck since you would have been on an earlier firmware where much easier methods exist, but since you're on a newer firmware, you're stuck with that method, unfortunately.

At least it's not so bad. It doesn't require you to buy anything, it just takes time.

1 minute ago, Ammako said:

It's ok, it's just that reading what you had written in an earlier post, I was thinking you were in luck since you would have been on an earlier firmware where much easier methods exist, but since you're on a newer firmware, you're stuck with that method, unfortunately.

At least it's not so bad. It doesn't require you to buy anything, it just takes time.

That's still good news if you ask me :) I'm in luck here haha. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to help me out! I'm currently looking through event pokemon until I am able to get PkHex and dig into it all. I get the feeling I am far from getting to my goal.