Issue adding event pokemon

north

Is there anywhere in the FAQ that explains what legality is? Is it just errors that pop up? I tried adding the Mew to Shield and I got two errors - "Unable to match to a mystery gift" and "fateful encounter should not be checked". Similarly, I tried adding one of the starters I don't have and got "Unable to match an encounter" when I chose the starter town. Do these errors even matter if I'm not playing online or trading?

9 minutes ago, JinjiNoDie said:

Is there anywhere in the FAQ that explains what legality is? Is it just errors that pop up? I tried adding the Mew to Shield and I got two errors - "Unable to match to a mystery gift" and "fateful encounter should not be checked". Similarly, I tried adding one of the starters I don't have and got "Unable to match an encounter" when I chose the starter town. Do these errors even matter if I'm not playing online or trading?

Legality means whether or not a Pokémon could happen without cheating or hacking. The checks PKHeX does aren't directly tied to legality, just because something shows as legal/illegal doesn't mean it is, depending on how accurate the checks are and how feasible it is to check for certain details.

Right now Gen. 8 legality is not fully implemented, as explained above, and no, even if your Pokémon weren't legal, this doesn't matter in offline play.