[Tool] Make your NSBTX tilesets with NSBTXbuilder!

I've programmed a command line tool for building custom NSBTX (texture files for tilesets), only from a folder where the PNG textures are located. Thus, we can avoid having to make a 3D model with our textures for building the tileset, and we can compose it piecemeal with the textures we are using in the new maps we are designing.

DOWNLOAD LINK

PokemonTrainer.png  Requirements

PokemonTrainer.png  How to use

It is a command line tool, so it must be executed from the cmd. Also, the tool must be placed in the same directory where g3dcvtr.exe is (actually this is optional but recommended), and in the same directory where the texture folder is located (the ones that will compose the tileset).

From the command line, once we are in the proper directory, we will write:

NSBTXbuilder.exe texturefolder generatedfile.imd

And the .nsbtx will be generated in the same directory where the tool is. If g3dcvtr.exe is not found, the program will generate the .imd file, and warn us that we must convert it on our own (remember to use -etex parameter in order to make a texture file instead of a 3D model).

PokemonTrainer.png  Known bugs

• In some textures with transparent background may appear some odd-colored squares instead of transparency.
  • Texture formats A5I3 and A3I5 are not supported yet, so there is no support for translucent textures.
  • Textures with more than 1024 pixels in either length or height are not supported.

The tool is mainly conceived as a method for creating NSBTX files with custom number of textures and particular names. All of three bugs can be solved using MKDSCM (or any simmilar editor) and importing the proper texture.