Questions

wookieworkder89

ok, I do not own a AR (yet). But had a few questions.

1) let's say I created a total hack job pokemon

Cyndaquil

Moves:

Flamethrower

T-Bolt

Earth Power

Surf

Abilty

Water absorb.

When he evolves, would he keep the same ability & moves?

Also, what are the risks of the AR? (mostly if used improperly).

thank you in advance for any information you can give me.

ok, I do not own a AR (yet). But had a few questions.

1) let's say I created a total hack job pokemon

Cyndaquil

Moves:

Flamethrower

T-Bolt

Earth Power

Surf

Abilty

Water absorb.

When he evolves, would he keep the same ability & moves?

Also, what are the risks of the AR? (mostly if used improperly).

thank you in advance for any information you can give me.

It would certainly keep the same moves. Ability however can be a bit tricky.

Since Cyndaquil can only learn one ability (Blaze) it would remain the same.

If a Pokémon is capable of having two different abilities, however, it won't be enough that you set the ability to the one you choose. The Pokémon class (Class 1 or 2) must also be set to match the corresponding ability.

Scyther, e.g. can have both techinician and swarm. If you want a Scyther with technician but you set its class to 1, when it evolve it will have swarm instead. So you need to set the class to 2.

If you want your pokémon to have an ability it cannot have in-game (like Wonder Guard on Cyndaquil or something) it will change back to its normal ability when it evolves.

The risks? Depends on what you're going to use it for. A Typhlosion with Surf is a hack anyway, so it WILL be recognized. The chance of corrupting your sav file however, is very very slim.

Hope that helped.

You should be able to keep the same ability. Though I don't know why you would just go ahead and hack the final evolution.

Your AR user manual will cover any and all risks there are to the Action Replay.

Here is the manual for the DS AR: http://www.datelcustomerservice.com/product_pdf/DS%20-%20ACTION%20REPLAY%20-%201.52.pdf

And here is DATEL's FAQ on it:

http://www.datelcustomerservice.com/NDS-AR-ARDS.shtml

Treat it just like you would treat any game cartridge and you already know how to take care of it.

ok, thank you for you're help. & for the most part this would be just for ingame. I'm not a huge "competetive" battler. Just thought it would be ammusing to make some broken pokes for the fun of it, maybe surprise a few friends. & as for making a Typhlosion, only reason I said Cyndaquil is because I just like the thought of raising it from 1-100 on my own.................sure I hacked it, but still I want some "integrity" haha

& thanks for the datel link, I've just heard so many horror stories that it kinda makes my mind waiver sometimes.

another question.

Let's say I hack to make the final pokes stats higher than they can be. Say I have Typholsion's final SPA at 500? would it glitch things up? would it stay the same if I put him in a box/took him out?

thanks again. Y'all have been very helpful

but what about if I put a stat (like I said of SPA being around 500) would it revert? I've only heard of it doing so if all stats are 999.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

also, reading the manual. It says Windows XP or XP Pro is needed. But I have heard Vista can work too, you just need to download something. This is important seeing as how I have a vista laptop.

but what about if I put a stat (like I said of SPA being around 500) would it revert? I've only heard of it doing so if all stats are 999.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

also, reading the manual. It says Windows XP or XP Pro is needed. But I have heard Vista can work too, you just need to download something. This is important seeing as how I have a vista laptop.

Pokémon stat data is stored in a certain amount of bytes.

These bytes only exist on pokémon in your party.

If you put a pokémon in a box, the bytes are gone to save memory.

When you take it out again, the game looks at base stats, EV's, IV's and recalculates the bytes (and stats).

Therefor, yes, they will always revert to what they should be once you put them in a box.

Btw, Pokésav works fine on Vista, I use it myself ;).

ok, that makes sense. Just wanted to make sure. Like I said, I would mostly use this for the sheer novelty of it.

& thank you, I had heard it worked for vista but wanted to make sure.

thank you all for all the help you have given. It is much appreciated. & if I have any more questions I will be sure to come & ask y'all