Mild Advertisement on the Forums

Recently(few minutes ago) I got to thinking about the "Mild Advertisement" infraction of The Rules. What made me really think was that they included the word Mild(Moderate in type, degree, effect, or force. Not extreme.) in the title. What if a user posted Extreme Advertisement, I did not see an infraction for Blatant ads in the Infraction list. Maybe a Blatant ads gets a direct ban without warning, but that brings up another question for me. Why Ban without warning someone who Advertises 'Blatantly', and give a 50 point infraction to someone who is talking about Pirated Material. That's similar to "Convicting an innocent man for(whatever) and giving the guilty a slap on the wrist", is it not?

Another thing, what would be considered "Mild Advertisement"? Would Viral Advertisement be considered mild? Wikipedia says that Viral Advertisement is "marketing techniques that use pre-existing social networks to produce increases in brand awareness" and "It can be word-of-mouth delivered". Should talking about the "next pokemon game" or "Flash Carts for DS" be considered Viral Advertisement, should they be topics applicable for the "Mild Advertisement" infraction? Alot of the things we think of just regular speech could actually be Advertisement in a sense of form, and should it really be allowed past the "Mild Advertisement" infraction?

I know a MOD can decided what they will and will not allow, but this is just to strike some talk about what we think Mild Advertisement is. Often when I start talking I jump off subject and touch on other thoughts in my head, but yeah that is the gist of what I had in mind. I might be wrong in what some things I say, but what do you think?

Moving to PP Forum feedback.

Though a few misconceptions:

Discussing pirated material nets a 30 point infraction (IE "My Pokemon ROM from warezsite.com isn't working :( :( "). Blatantly asking for or linking to pirated material nets a 50 point infraction. Any of these may be modified at a mod's discretion. I honestly wouldn't consider it beyond the realm of possibility to ban someone right away for linking to pirated material for a couple weeks.

Viral marketing is a very obvious form of marketing but it isn't meant to be obvious. The Dark Knight put out a bunch of websites where fans could piece together a bunch of crap, but if you weren't in on the joke/promotion, you'd just be looking at a bunch of creepy websites with Batman themes.

In my opinion, anything higher of Mild Advertisement is Extreme. Meaning, mass advertisement PMs or all throughout the forum. Extreme situations can differentiate. So it is best to leave that out and replace it under the debate of 1 or more staff members. ;)

As for the "Viral Advertising"... do you want us to infraction you if you talk about the next game? Nope. So what are you suggesting if you don't mind me asking? That part of your discussion is just throwing me off. Basically, use common sense and that should let answer whether it's Ok to talk about the next game, etc. :\