Event Flag editing

vertrax004

So, for some reason, while editing my US save and converting it to UM, Both Altar of the Sunne and Moone show up on my map,... I have no idea why this has happened. This has stopped me from getting Cosmog, again, no clue why... With editing event flags, is there a way to copy over the event flags of one save that is 100% complete to another? I have just started a new game to correct the issue above, but I don't want to have to go through the whole game again.

Edited by vertrax004

13 minutes ago, vertrax004 said:

So, for some reason, while editing my US save and converting it to UM, Both Altar of the Sunne and Moone show up on my map,... I have no idea why this has happened. This has stopped me from getting Cosmog, again, no clue why... With editing event flags, is there a way to copy over the event flags of one save that is 100% complete to another? I have just started a new game to correct the issue above, but I don't want to have to go through the whole game again.

Have you tried jumping through to the reverse world and back, to see if that fixed it?

Cosmog flag shouldn't be version dependent, so make sure you jump into the Reverse world,
then go to the Lake of the MooneUM / SunneUS with Lunala/Solgaleo to meet the Cosmosg.

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Have you tried jumping through to the reverse world and back, to see if that fixed it?

Cosmog flag shouldn't be version dependent, so make sure you jump into the Reverse world,
then go to the Lake of the MooneUM / SunneUS with Lunala/Solgaleo to meet the Cosmosg.

I haven't tried that, I'll see if that works :)  I still want to know how to copy over the event flags from one game to another though, just for future reference, as I might need to do the same to my other games

5 minutes ago, vertrax004 said:

I haven't tried that, I'll see if that works :)  I still want to know how to copy over the event flags from one game to another though, just for future reference, as I might need to do the same to my other games

copying the flags isn't the best idea; since some flags for one game might break the other game :/

Technically speaking, to copy the flags, I'll just copy the entire offset area in the save file from one to another,
then use PKHeX to fix the checksums.

If you check PKHeX's Git:
If I'm not mistaken, The Flags/Event Constants are at 0x01C00, with size 0xE00.

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

copying the flags isn't the best idea; since some flags for one game might break the other game :/

Technically speaking, to copy the flags, I'll just copy the entire offset area in the save file from one to another,
then use PKHeX to fix the checksums.

If you check PKHeX's Git:
If I'm not mistaken, The Flags/Event Constants are at 0x01C00, with size 0xE00.

I just checked the git, but I still not sure how to copy them over... Can they be copied over using the Event Flags tab in PKHeX?

Image.png

21 minutes ago, vertrax004 said:

I just checked the git, but I still not sure how to copy them over... Can they be copied over using the Event Flags tab in PKHeX?

Image.png

Manually going through that would be too slow.

1. Open save in HxD (or any other hexeditor)
2. Go to 0x1C00
c1.PNG

3. Select the Block, size 0xE00
C2.PNG

4. Right click and Paste write over at 0x1C00 in the intended save
5. Now, import the save into PKHeX to update the checksum, and export the save from PKHeX.

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Manually going through that would be too slow.

1. Open save in HxD (or any other hexeditor)
2. Go to 0x1C00
c1.PNG

3. Select the Block, size 0xE00
C2.PNG

4. Right click and Paste write over at 0x1C00 in the intended save
5. Now, import the save into PKHeX to update the checksum, and export the save from PKHeX.

That's what I wanted to know ? Thanks, I really appreciate it

• Like 1