Team Checkmate

memjee

I feel as if theres not enough people posting there teams :/

So I'll post another one of mine.

This one was in the shelves for quite a while, but it's somewhat as a revenge team, when my other teams can't win because of a powerful psychic/ghost pokemon or steel trashing my team. This team gets the job done as my revenge team, funny as it's filled with revenge killers

Azelf @ Focus Sash/Life Orb

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk

Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

Role: Stealth Rocker

- Grass Knot

- Stealth Rock

- Explosion

- U-turn

Info: My lead, azelf is all standard stuff here. Grass Knot? Should I use psychic or something? Stealth Rock. Explosion to get rid of problems for my team. U-turn to switch to a counter. I realized this set has been running life orb all this time and I don't ever remember it dying in the beginning, either way focus sash up as my first choice.

---

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Role: Psychic/Ghost Trapper

- Pursuit

- Ice Shard

- Ice Punch

- Brick Break

Role: Lol I ran fake out originally with life orb, takes out Azelf, Gengar, Cressilea, Alakazam, celebi and co

---

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Magnet Pull

Role: Steel Trapper

- Flash Cannon

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Explosion

Info: Standard Magnezone trapper, beats the likes of Lucario, Scizor, Skarmory, Fortress, Bronzong

---

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Keen Eye

EVs: 255 HP/252 Def

Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)

Role: Physical Tank

- Brave Bird

- Whirlwind

- Roost

- Spikes

Info: Standard Tank

---

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Water Absorb

EVs: 92 HP/166 Def/252 SDef

Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Roar

- Wish

- Surf

- Hidden Power [Electric]

Info: Standard Vap, any other ideas for another pokemon mayber another trapper? Tyranitar, Scizor?

---

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Arena Trap

EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd

Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

Role: Revenge Trapper

- Earthquake

- Aerial Ace

- Stone Edge

- Night Slash

Info: My fragile pokemon that does what Magnezone and Weaville fulfill, and more

---

Advice is greatly appreaciated

Azelf @ Focus Sash/Life Orb

Ability: Levitate

Role: Stealth Rocker

- Grass Knot

- Stealth Rock

- Explosion

- U-turn

Info: My lead, azelf is all standard stuff here. Grass Knot? Should I use psychic or something? Stealth Rock. Explosion to get rid of problems for my team. U-turn to switch to a counter. I realized this set has been running life orb all this time and I don't ever remember it dying in the beginning, either way focus sash up as my first choice.

Well, this is a nice set and all, but nowadays dual screens seems to be the best way to go to let you get the jump on the opponent for the first few turns. You should also probably get yourself an early game, or late game sweeper. I'd suggest CM Latias for early game, or something like DD Kingdra for late game.

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Role: Psychic/Ghost Trapper

- Pursuit

- Ice Shard

- Ice Punch

- Brick Break

Role: Lol I ran fake out originally with life orb, takes out Azelf, Gengar, Cressilea, Alakazam, celebi and co

Eh, this thing isn't anything to counter anymore. It can Pursuit those, however, the only one you really see in OU play (Barring Lead Azelf) is Celebi, and it can take a Pursuit, or even just stay in and Leech Seed + Recover till you're dead. CB Tyranitar works much better as a strong Pursuiter. Also, this thing just doesn't work with SR and Scizor around. :/

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Magnet Pull

Role: Steel Trapper

- Flash Cannon

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Explosion

Info: Standard Magnezone trapper, beats the likes of Lucario, Scizor, Skarmory, Fortress, Bronzong

Good

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Keen Eye

EVs: 255 HP/252 Def

Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)

Role: Physical Tank

- Brave Bird

- Whirlwind

- Roost

- Spikes

Info: Standard Tank

You should probably get some Shed Shell on this so it doesn't die to Magnezone. It really sucks when you do happen to see it and realize your wall wasn't able to do much at all in the battle and dies that easily. Roost generally keeps it's HP up. Otherwise good.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Water Absorb

EVs: 92 HP/166 Def/252 SDef

Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Roar

- Wish

- Surf

- Hidden Power [Electric]

Info: Standard Vap, any other ideas for another pokemon mayber another trapper? Tyranitar, Scizor?

Good

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Arena Trap

EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd

Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

Role: Revenge Trapper

- Earthquake

- Aerial Ace

- Stone Edge

- Night Slash

Info: My fragile pokemon that does what Magnezone and Weaville fulfill, and more

Eh, I think Scizor would work much better here, but I suppose it's fine.

So, I guess that's all I've got to say. You've got a bit of a SDLuke problem, although most teams do, and as long as you don't get outpredicted, Magnezone does a pretty good job of taking care of it.

Revamped my team a bit

Azelf: I recently switched this pokemon in favour of Uxie for two main reasons, it's bulk and the fact that it's slower.

The reason why is that I can now U-Turn getting Uxie to take the hit by moving last and switching to a appropiate trapper.

Weaville: I picked weaville over tyranitar for it's speed and ice shard. I struggle with the dd dragon salamence. Ice Shard Solves this problem nicely. Tyranitar isn't a surefire counter to the likes of alakazam and gengar (Which I personally see often). Because they outspeed him and fire off focus blast. Weaville solves this. With Celebi I have yet to not OHKO one. When Scizor Walls it, I can switch to magnezone easy

Skarmory: Very true, though I replaced it in the end with Gliscor, it gives a defence presence nontheless and I can U-turn for the same effect as Azelf

Vapoureon: Gave it Baton Pass for Psedo U-turn, but replaced it with Sub Petaya Empoleon as my late game sweeper as you said a late game sweeper would help

I considered the other two choices but empoleons has been the most effecient sweeper I ever used and my personal favorite, only drawback is it's one time use, which ussually isn't a problem because it's clears out unless theres a blissey or vapoureon.

Dugtrio - Scizor is a possiblity, I'll think about it