PKX not loading my PK2 file, says it needs to be 55/71 bits

jaderocc

pretty self explanatory - backed up my crystal cartridge with j rodrigo's cart flasher and exported a pk2 of my quilava. when i try to convert it using the online pkx, it tells me "Error: file length must be 55 or 71 bits" and so i check my file, and i see that it's 73 bits - not sure why it's coming out 2 bits too big for pkhex and other things to read it. it's shiny, but i can't really see that having any effect on the file size. when i try to use the downloadable pkx delta app it just doesn't give me any response to the file, and acts like i haven't tried to load anything. i've also tried with a shiny rattata, shiny igglybuff, and a handful of non shiny mons, all giving the same result. i also tried different versions of pkhex to import + export, same result. can anybody help me out? i'd really appreciate if someone could tell me if i exported my crystal save wrong, maybe some setting is incorrect? i'm attaching my save file, and both the quilava and the igglybuff pk2 files. thanks! 

156 ★ - QUILAVA - 9BF0.pk2

174 ★ - IGGLYBUFF - 4A10.pk2

crystal 7292017.sav

Edited by jaderocc

6 hours ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

From my testing, It's only your save file that is a little too big, using other save files will make your Pokémon appear just fine so maybe try to re-export your save.

i've tried exporting it a bunch of times, in 8kb, 16kb and 32kb. all of them give me a readable .sav file, pkhex just doesn't export a .pk2 that pkx reads. i tried using a .sav of twitchplayspokemon crystal and loading the quilava in there to export but pkx still doesn't read it and gives me the 55/71 bits error :~(

gonna try using another older version of pkhex to export it...

21 minutes ago, jaderocc said:

i've tried exporting it a bunch of times, in 8kb, 16kb and 32kb. all of them give me a readable .sav file, pkhex just doesn't export a .pk2 that pkx reads. i tried using a .sav of twitchplayspokemon crystal and loading the quilava in there to export but pkx still doesn't read it and gives me the 55/71 bits error :~(

gonna try using another older version of pkhex to export it...

PKHeX is a newer program than PKX Delta, so the values might be taken based on Emulator .sav and not actual cartage .sav. Have you tried using PikaSav? (Yeah, I know it's outdated as heck)

Edited by wrathsoffire76
  • V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

17 minutes ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

PKHeX is a newer program than PKX Delta, so the values might be taken based on Emulator .sav and not actual cartage .sav

understood, thanks for your help figuring this out!

i'm mostly making this post in case anyone has this problem in the future and googles it;

i was able to get pkx to read a .pkm created by pikasav (check gbatemp). i used gb cart flasher to export the .sav, opened the sav in pkhex and exported it, opened that sav in visual boy advance and exported the battery file. from there, i opened the .sav that vba gave me in pikasav, went to the party editor and was able to export a 71kb .pkm of my quilava that pkx is able to read/convert. i'll upload the unconverted quilava file so anyone who wants to try it can just to double check but i'm transferring it to moon as i'm typing this, i'll edit this post to update :~)

quilava.pkm

• Confused 1