Request: Database updating, better browsing

deadfraggle

Thanks for PKHeX. Great program.  I was wondering if you were planning on improving the PKM Database interface.  Of particular interest would be an option to update pokemon in the database when dumping boxes.  As it operates now after new dumps, less trained versions of pokemon remain in the database until I manually remove them.

Of lesser importance would be an easier way to browse the database. Instead of right-clicking a pokemon in the database and selecting "view", simply clicking on a pokemon for the same effect would be easier. I would also not complain if you added a separate pokemon info box for database pokemon.

Most shortcuts that are usable in the main window are also usable in the database viewer. Control Click can be used instead of right click-view.

The problem with weeding out clones is that clones may have different EV spreads or sets. Those clones are still useful. You can always use the search filters to weed out low EV pokemon or pokemon below a certain level.

I'm not requesting a change in default functionality.  Rather, I'd like an option to remove clones if desired. Even a search for pokemon with duplicate PIDs would be helpful. Noticing clones at a glance in the database is made difficult when there are multiple pokemon of the same species with different PIDs.

3 hours ago, deadfraggle said:

I'm not requesting a change in default functionality.  Rather, I'd like an option to remove clones if desired. Even a search for pokemon with duplicate PIDs would be helpful. Noticing clones at a glance in the database is made difficult when there are multiple pokemon of the same species with different PIDs.

That's reasonable enough :)

Added Clone Searching in latest commit. Manually delete the clones you wish to get rid of. Or...

Added Clone Deletion in latest commit. Automatically delete clones based off last modified date.

• Like 2

Too awesome!  Thank you.

I currently have several different Pokemon games ongoing, and I move my Pokemon around as needed. PKHeX makes it easy to import Pokemon who are already the level required for the gym leader at hand, rather than grinding to beef up my local pokemon.