Randomizer 1.7.2 error with premade seed. Only 'rndp' files works.

Reddy

Hi, everyone. Thanks for your time.

I'm trying to randomize a Pokémon Platinum ROM using the Universal Pokémon Randomizer 1.7.2, with a specific premade seed/config string sent to me from another person. However, when I fill the settings manually and try to save my new ROM, I get the following message: "There was an unhandled exception trying to save your ROM to disk" and an error log. I thought it could be a randomizer version/ROM incompatibility, but even when I produce a new seed from my own ROM, I get the same error when setting manually.

Curious fact: when I used my 'rndp' file (from a new seed I created), instead of filling the seed/config string manually, it worked! Here are the settings I'm trying to use:

Seed: 182339442737970

Config String: 172GQMRCgiCAYUBiAEylF0eAh4CCgAACgA9CRcOAAAAAAAACAAyFFBva2Vtb24gUGxhdGludW0gKFUpOopn5uPDOIo=

Now, here's my request: I'm not having success contacting the person who provided the settings, so, is there anyone who can provide me a rndp file, that have the specific seed/config string above, to use with the Randomizer 1.7.2?

For anyone interested, here's the randomizer error log:

Randomizer Version: 1720
ROM: Pokemon Platinum (U)
Code: CPUE
Reported Support Level: Complete

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.dabomstew.pkrandom.romhandlers.AbstractRomHandler.randomizeTrainerClassNames(AbstractRomHandler.java:2411)
    at com.dabomstew.pkrandom.Randomizer.randomize(Randomizer.java:316)
    at com.dabomstew.pkrandom.gui.RandomizerGUI$3.run(RandomizerGUI.java:1957)

Thanks everyone for your attention!

Nevermind, guys. The person who provided the settings sent me the rndp file, that worked as expected.

I also contacted the person responsible for the universal randomizer and explained the situation about the software not working properly when setting the seed and config string manually. Hopefully this can be fixed on a future build.

Thanks for your time!