Trainer Name Change [xy]

earthling

So I am looking to use PkHex to edit my trainer's name, but am having difficulties using ram2sav.

The QR code on the ram2sav site (http://www.pokedit.com/ram2sav/) loads, however there is no green screen, and the ramsav file does not appear when I plug the sd card into my computer. The method where you type the urls into the browser (bit.ly/1yRUulB and bit.ly/1JpcyGT) doesn't work either, the browser says 'communication error' and the page doesn't load.

Any ideas where I might be having issues, and what I can do to fix them? Or if you have an alternative method of getting my save data onto a computer I'd be open to trying other things.

I cannot unfortunately use Homebrew as my one 3ds is version 11, and my other 3ds is on 9.4, and I cannot get the youtube app without updating.

I would like to add that I've used PkHex in the past successfully on my Omega Ruby game with the exact same 3DS.

3DS FW - 9.4 || Browser - 1.7552

Ahh thank you, I guess that would explain why ram2sav was giving me a difficult time.

Any tips for getting the sliderhax to work? I read it can take multiple tries but it seems like it is not working. I keep getting the yellow screen and crash every time.

The starterkit I downloaded didn't come with the themes folder that the ones on video tutorials seem to come with, could that be my issue?

Try changing your home menu theme back to default (if not on default already) and clear browser data (in settings, Clear History, Delete Cookies, Initialize Save Data.)

The only thing that is -needed- from the starter kit is the boot.3dsx at the root of your SD card, but the exploit it failing before it even gets to the point where it would read any homebrew files, so that wouldn't be the problem.

sliderhax isn't the most stable thing in the world, so you may have to try several times. Zoom in on the slider as much as possible, then touch the far edge of it.

Delete browser data, go back to home menu, turn off Wireless, scan the qr code with the camera app, set up browser, go back to home menu when it tells you that Wireless is disabled, re-enable Wireless, run browser, zoom in all the way, touch the side of the slider as precisely as possible, pray

That's exactly what I've been doing, so I'm glad to hear it's not an error on my part. Looks like I'll just keep at it until it works.

Thank you both for your help!

Do you happen to know about on average how many tries it takes?

I was worried that might be the case.

Do you think it's possible still, just harder, or should I give up at this point?

From what I've read in the past, it's not possible to update the browser without updating the whole system.

Well, this is purely conjecture, I have no idea if your browser version really isn't supported for sliderhax and if this is really the reason why it isn't working. I also don't really have a way to know exactly what is causing the problem. Your browser version is listed as compatible with browserhax, but I don't think it was ever intended for someone to be using sliderhax with an older browser like that.

As of right now, I have one idea in mind, but I can't guarantee it will work. Your 3DS is from NA region, yes?

One thing you could try is loading the payload from the SD card instead of having sliderhax download it on the fly. You can get the payload from here, scroll down and select your firmware. Get the otherapp payload. Place it at the root of your SD card, named "browserhax_hblauncher_payload.bin"

If that doesn't work, I have the otherapp payload for *hax 2.1 here, for firmware version 9.4.0-XU. I've personally found that 2.1 is much more stable than 2.7 which is the one that sliderhax tries to use by default.

I can't guarantee anything, but it may be worth a try.

Nevermind, seems that you can't actually load a payload from SD card (I just tried.) Not sure why people are saying you can when I looked it up online. :/

Either way, sliderhax is pretty unstable, so just try over and over and over and over and... you get the point. :P

Your older browser could possibly be causing problems but I've never heard about that before. It's the only thing about your 3DS that is out of the ordinary though.

Make sure you try and click the faaaaar right edge of the slider, as precisely as possible. I'm trying on clean 9.2.0-20U here, and it consistently takes several tries to work.

Just to clarify, when are you getting stuck on a yellow screen? Is it right after clicking on the far edge of the slider?

It should be going yellow --> grey --> orange --> white --> rainbow then payload runs.

Occasionally, it'll get stuck on a yellow screen after turning white, which is fault of the payload itself and not sliderhax.

Screen colors

When using browserhax the bottom-screen colorfill will be set to various colors in the following order:

• 1) Yellow: Browser ROP started running, this also means the exploit itself worked fine.
  • 2) Gray: This colorfill is set right before jumping to the initial arm11code binary, for running native code for the first time.
  • 3) Orange: This is set after the *hax payload was successfully loaded into memory via HTTP/SD.
  • 4) White: This is set by the *hax payload itself when it starts running.

Alright, I'll keep trying in hopes that it works eventually!

It happens during the first yellow screen, I don't see any other colours.

Occasionally, the yellow screen won't even appear before it crashes back to the main menu, however that doesn't occur as often as the yellow screen does.