"A Fresh Start"

Okami

Knowing where I've been in my life, I never realized I could have an opportunity like this. For all of you struggling your way through high school, whether the beginning or the end, I encourage you to hold on. Because once you finish there is this hope...it's found in a fresh start when you enter college. Sure, there may be a few people who know your past, but it's not held against you.

For those of you in college who have never had a start such as this, make it happen. Because you can change, you can be different. I'm no longer "That one emo kid" I'm now "That girl with the awesome hair" xD

Maybe it's because this is a smaller college, one filled with love and joy and peace that it is different here. But I encourage you all to know there can be change if you allow there to be change. Holding back on freedom just weighs you down.

So here I am, breaking free...embracing my fresh start on orientation week.

I don't really like Fresh Starts. Like my first year in college was strange. like i had to wake up extra early. i had to leave the school i was in for 8 years. my friends halved either to my school. or others. and some went back to their origins. And when i went to college, i only knew like 15 people in the school that came from the primary.

But now it's my 2nd year and everything is pretty good.

With education do you think it's alright to drop out of school at a certain point, like when you truly believe you know what your gonna do when your older?

Because i simply hate math, I'm actually suppose to be good at maths because of genetics, but it's so boring, I'm usually failing. And you know if you find something not fun, or boring, your more likely not to listen, or whatever. And when I'm older where the heck am i going to use algebra, or the other complicated math stuff. It's kinda irrelevant to what i think maybe something i will do when I'm older.

I'm failing the 9th grade and my dad refuses to put me in public school, I doubt there's a chance for my education.

Push through it. 9th grade is not that hard. Don't feel like you need to either do "perfect" or "not at all", because that definitely isn't true. I'm going to quite a prestigious college, and my high school grades were definitely lacking.

If you're really dead set on doubting your chance for education, though, I recommend you start taking a liking to flipping burgers.

With education do you think it's alright to drop out of school at a certain point, like when you truly believe you know what your gonna do when your older?

Because i simply hate math, I'm actually suppose to be good at maths because of genetics, but it's so boring, I'm usually failing. And you know if you find something not fun, or boring, your more likely not to listen, or whatever. And when I'm older where the heck am i going to use algebra, or the other complicated math stuff. It's kinda irrelevant to what i think maybe something i will do when I'm older.

The reality of most mathematics is that outside of the classroom, you will never use it. The entire point behind learning the concepts to begin with is to stretch your brain and make you think. It also helps to understand what a formula is doing, as then you can see in your mind what exactly the computer is going to be doing for you when you get into the real world. That can have quite useful applications.

As far as a subject being 'boring', yeah. That's life. Most of the time, it's not that the people who do well think that the work is the most exciting thing in the world, it's simply that they devote their attention to the work because they understand it's something that needs to be done, boring or not. It's really just a question of whether you can discipline yourself.

One thing I will agree on is that you do not want to lock yourself into a position that will make you do a job you hate for the rest of your life. That is probably the worst thing you could do to yourself, so really take the time to think about what you enjoy doing the most. You mentioned something about genetics, so take the time and evaluate whether you really like the entirety of what that may entail. Math is definitely going to be a solid part of that kind of profession, and if you hate Math, you might want to reconsider.

Bottom line, just get yourself through it. Oh, and Algebra isn't complicated. You haven't even scratched the surface.

I don't really like Fresh Starts. Like my first year in college was strange. like i had to wake up extra early. i had to leave the school i was in for 8 years. my friends halved either to my school. or others. and some went back to their origins. And when i went to college, i only knew like 15 people in the school that came from the primary.

But now it's my 2nd year and everything is pretty good.

Looks at age and wonders how 14 year old can be in college 0_o

Push through it. 9th grade is not that hard. Don't feel like you need to either do "perfect" or "not at all", because that definitely isn't true. I'm going to quite a prestigious college, and my high school grades were definitely lacking.

If you're really dead set on doubting your chance for education, though, I recommend you start taking a liking to flipping burgers.

Thanks, I hope you're right, my dad always threatens to take away all my video games for the rest of the year if I fail, he puts to much pressure on me :(

Looks at age and wonders how 14 year old can be in college 0_o

For me I'm thinking that maybe college could be middle school? I know some parts of the world refer to that as college, and college level for us for them = university. Correct me if I'm wrong, please, by all means.

Dinner time!

For me I'm thinking that maybe college could be middle school? I know some parts of the world refer to that as college, and college level for us for them = university. Correct me if I'm wrong, please, by all means.

Yeah, that's true, we're only in year 10, and it's college for us.

Anyway, maths is so boring for me as well, and I keep asking myself for whatever the new thing we're learning in maths, how can a concept artist use this? It's been like that for Algebra and Trigonometry. (the only subjects I can remember from maths this year, since half the time I'm doodling :P) Usually I get the new subject down pat though, it's very easy. Then we get 5 weeks of working out of the text books (copy...complete...copy....complete) and repetitive lessons, eventually I just stopped trying to do the homework.