Frustating Action Replay!

dadoobie

I've used Pokesav a few months ago with an Action Replay DS. I have since lost the AR and decided to get back into pokemon. So I bought another AR with fully updated software, made a pokesav file, exported as an xml, got all excited and ready to start up my new game of platinum with this save file, but then...the stupid code manager wont recognize the Action Replay.

So I've spent the past two hours on the phone with their stupid automated voice response system which didn't help, reading their FAQ about the AR not being detected, which didn't help. Everything is updated, and fine. I have none of the problems they say would cause this to happen. So I fired off an email, but I don't want to wait a few days to get it. So I came to the people who would know my problem, you guys!

Please, please, please, help me out with this?

I have a Vista system, 32bit. The software on the AR codemanager is 1.25 and firmware on the AR is 1.60. Both brand new right out of the box. The AR is recognized by the computer and is in the proper place on the device manager. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, reset, restarted, redid literally everything multiple times and nothing is working. Please tell me someone can help!

I've used Pokesav a few months ago with an Action Replay DS. I have since lost the AR and decided to get back into pokemon. So I bought another AR with fully updated software, made a pokesav file, exported as an xml, got all excited and ready to start up my new game of platinum with this save file, but then...the stupid code manager wont recognize the Action Replay.

So I've spent the past two hours on the phone with their stupid automated voice response system which didn't help, reading their FAQ about the AR not being detected, which didn't help. Everything is updated, and fine. I have none of the problems they say would cause this to happen. So I fired off an email, but I don't want to wait a few days to get it. So I came to the people who would know my problem, you guys!

Please, please, please, help me out with this?

I have a Vista system, 32bit. The software on the AR codemanager is 1.25 and firmware on the AR is 1.60. Both brand new right out of the box. The AR is recognized by the computer and is in the proper place on the device manager. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, reset, restarted, redid literally everything multiple times and nothing is working. Please tell me someone can help!

Are you using Pokesav for PLATINUM or DIAMOND/PEARL?

Are you using Pokesav for PLATINUM or DIAMOND/PEARL?

That has no relation of why the Computer won't detect the ARDS.

@dadoobie: Try checking if you have a loose cord, or even a frayed cord though that will be pretty rare. Try blowing into the Action Replay hole. If there's dust there, that might affect it. Is your Code Manager compatible with your AR? For example, is one EUR and one US version? Btw, do you have warranty for the AR, you can trade it for another one. If none of these suggestions help, the best choice is to wait for them to respond to you or just go to their store and ask them directly...