My new main OU team

Randomdog

Well.. Really its an update of my old one but I didn't post it here. Any advice is appreciated

Azelf @ Focus Sash

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk

Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Stealth Rock

- Psychic

- Explosion

- Fire Blast

---

Very common lead and for good reason. For the rest of the team I'll put a few comments about why/how I'm using it but its an azelf lead so... yeah...

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Levitate

Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Shadow Ball

- Thunderbolt

- Focus Blast

- Hidden Power [ice]

---

Revenge killer that surprisingly enough turns into a pretty good late game sweeper. HP ice instead of the more common fire is for mence and other dragons. I've considered trick but I don't want to lose a move for it and gengar is a bit too frail to pull it off.

Salamence (M) @ Lum Berry

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 252 HP/180 Def/76 SDef

Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Dragon Dance

- Outrage

- Earthquake

- Roost

---

Not the most common mence set but certainly effective. I've always been a fan of bulky DDers and the lum berry is useful both for absorbing status and getting a free DD and for curing confusion after an outrage. I've had people ragequit after they get mence down to low health only to have him roost

Heatran (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Flash Fire

Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Fire Blast

- Earth Power

- Explosion

- Toxic

---

Really easy to switch in thanks to its resistances and great at forcing switches. If I predict a switch from the opponent upon seeing heatran I normally use toxic. This gives me a good chance to status a common counter to heatran (scouting in the process) and then lets me choose a move (or escape) depending on what they bring in. Toxic was chosen over WOW because of the ability to do damage over time and because I simply can't stand the accuracy of WOW

Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs

Ability: Volt Absorb

EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk

Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [Grass]

- Shadow Ball

- Baton Pass

---

Not much to say about this, standard jolteon, tbolt breaks things, faster than a ninja, can scout early game. I chose HP grass so I'm not completely walled by pert

Machamp (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Guts

EVs: 128 HP/252 Atk/128 Spd

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Close Combat

- Payback

- Ice Punch

- Thunderpunch

---

The new addition to the team. This used to be a subpunch breloom which I'm considering going back to but the huge physical power of this set really compliments jolteon's massive special power. It normally only stays in for a couple of turns because the (s)/def drops from CC really start to hurt it. I'm considering switching the ability to noguard and the stab move to dynamic punch but this would come at a loss of power and make it hurt a lot more by status so I'm still undecided.

Type chart

mainoutypechart.png

No huge type weaknesses and 8 immunities including 3 to ground.

The team is VERY frail. Jolt has high sp.def and Machamp is good on both but the others are frail on both sides. 2 Pokes are pursuit and sucker punch weak while 2 have 4x weaknesses.

Baton Pass teams are gonna have a field day with your team. With no phazers or walls or tanks...... hoooh......stopping other boosting sweepers is gonna be really tough. Offensive teams will have trouble AGAINST this team but balanced and stall teams are gonna have few. I willll come back to this team after a while.