[SOLVED] Pokémon Black & White - Shiny Encounter Rate, X/Y Party Icons, Edit Learnable TM sets

Oxnite

Hi everyone,

Since I'm still trying to pick up working on my hack of Pokémon White, I have a summary of questions on hacking Pokémon White.

I'd appreciate if anyone could tell me if these things have already been found out.

1. Has somebody already found out how to edit the chance of encountering a Shiny Pokémon in arm9.bin for Pokémon White?
  2. Could somebody help me, or give me advice, or tell me if it's even possible, to use the Party Icons of Pokémon X/Y for Pokémon White (since the X/Y icons are much nicer)?
  3. I want to edit some learnable TMs, and I understand that for Pokémon White they are contained in arm9.bin, but could someone point me out the direct location in the arm9.bin file?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Oxnite

1. Shiny probability is located at offset 0×13F0C (arm9).

Default is 08 (as in 8/65536), accepts numbers from 0 (0×0) to 255 (0×FF) included.

2. Are you familiar with Tinke ? Because this is what you will need to use to change the icons since no Icon Editor has been made for Gen IV+ as far as I am aware.

But the process is a little tedious, also keep in mind that pre-Gen VI icons need to be 32×24 aligned to the bottom, even though the template allows 32×32 icons.

Also this is what I am working at on my spare time, wait until I am done with it (as of now I have 181 icons ready for use).

3. TM/HM moves string is located at offset 0×9AAB8 (arm9), with the following order:

firstly from TM01 to TM92,

then from HM01 to HM06,

and lastly from TM93 to TM95.

Each move is two bytes long.

You can also look at this page, which contains valuable information: http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/Notable_Breakpoints.

Thank you very much for all of this information, MeroMero. It helped me a lot.

As for the Icons, if you want help, I could help you with the ''icon project'' as it is something that I really want to see happen and implement.

3. TM/HM moves string is located at offset 0×9AAB8 (arm9), with the following order:

firstly from TM01 to TM92,

then from HM01 to HM06,

and lastly from TM93 to TM95.

Each move is two bytes long.

As a reply on this one, I actually meant the learnable set for each Pokémon. So for example, the hex data which contains that Bulbasaur can learn TM06 Toxic, TM09 Venoshock, but not TM01 till TM05. Where can I find that?

This post will explain everything you want to know.

It only get better from there, since there is a tool to edit the TM and HM compatibility:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/PRC_0.7_build%208_USEU_En.7z

My advice though would be to use a clean ROM to edit the TM/HM learnset, and once you're done transfer the narc a/0/1/6 from the clean ROM to your HackROM, as to prevent any unpleasant surprise.