QR Injection

Beck

I have an Old 3DS XL, version 8.1.0-12J but the QR Injection does not work for me. My browser crashes but nothing appears in Box 1 slot 1. Any solution to this?

Edit: I heard that my version is too old for this to work, but with a certain 3DS cartridge ( Cooking mama or smash bros or something) I'm able to update to 9.2 without having to update to 9.5. Is that true? I have a Smash Bros catridge and it tries to get me to update everytime i start the game. Should I be doing it? (I'm on a japanese console so I'm unsure if its asking me to update my 3DS version or the cartridge.)

• 1 month later...

Well, I got it to work on a 7.2 US 3DS, so I doubt that makes your versions too old, unless the Japanese and US 3DS's are just that different. I wouldn't update yet and keep trying but clear your browser history and cookies, etc. Also make sure that you've started up the game before scan the QR code. Then, if you were already on Box 1 Slot 1, move over to another box and check back; it should be there.

However, if this is a problem resulting from the fact that this is a Japanese 3DS and move above suggestion does not work, I can do nothing more to help you.