Shiny code Powersaves

steve0701

The shiny code that modifies IVs without changing TID/SID happens to turn pokemon into a traded pokemon once it evolves. I tried to "shinify" my starter Torchic at the beginning of the game (modified its IVs to 31 as well), but when it evolved to Combusken, it turned into a traded Combusken (with my TID but not SID). I noticed this because my Combusken received "boosted exp". I failed to turn it back to my own Combusken by "renaming male trainer code".

So, my question is how does this code actually modify my pokemon and how do IVs/natures relate to the PID? I know that people saying IVs have not been relevant since gen IV but how? If someone can explain to me how current PIDs and their IVs, natures, shiny value are related, i'd appreciate that.

Well actually i wouldn't recommend using the Shiny Codes from Powersaves.

If you want to keep the SID/TID you would need to use the "Modify IVs" version. I already wrote them that there is no need to do that because of the new RNG since Gen 5 but they won't listen. The problem is: even if you restore the DVs back to the old ones you get a hacked PID for the Pokémon. Sometimes the Abilitybit doesn't match the current ability anymore (especially for Hidden Abilitys) furthermore the process of PID generation in Generation 6 isn't documented or even found out because of the rng calculation by the 3DS system itself. So no one can calculate a legal PID in a normal way (or i'm not up to date about that). Well okay the point is no one can check the legality of the PID either so that shouldn't be the problem, but no one wants his Pokémon to be hacked right? So i would recommend changing Shiny-Status for older generations only, because you can calculate legal PIDs.

• 1 month later...