A burning question so far unanswered

Juklaus

Alright, so I've been looking around for a particular answer to this question, and I just haven't been able to find anything specific enough for what I'm asking. Let me set the scenario up for you.

-My old 3DS XL is broken beyond repair

-I plan to go out this/next month, and buy a new one (or potentially get the N3DS XL, depending on the answer to my question.)

Now, my question is this: Will the PKHex exploit work for a New (Old) 3DS XL (Note: I am NOT referring to the N3DS XL when I ask this, I already know it won't work for that.) or will the store bought Old 3DS XL's already be upgraded to the current firmware?

Edited by Juklaus

It won't work on a new3dsxl but can work on a 3dsxl. As for thé firmware, it dépends on when the console was shipped. The only way to know for sure is to ask your retailer (ask him when he received it, the 9.5.0-23 was deployed on march 2nd).

It won't work on a new3dsxl but can work on a 3dsxl. As for thé firmware, it dépends on when the console was shipped. The only way to know for sure is to ask your retailer (ask him when he received it, the 9.5.0-23 was deployed on march 2nd).

Alright thanks, I know a local retailer who doesn't get a lot of business, they probably have more older models, I've also read that, the lower the serial number, the older the unit, with that in mind I can plan things out better now.