Full Pokedex / .pk6 file encoding

Funnyach

Hello everyone,

first of, I'd like to know if anyone has created a PC with every single pokemon required for the shiny charm yet? And would he/she kindly upload it for me? :)

Secondly, for the creater of the program: is there a way for me to directly view and edit the .pk6 files? Because if there isn't a complete Pokedex filler yet, I'd like to make one, but I obviously don't want to add every single pokemon myself. I'd like to write a script for that, but I need to know the encoding of the files. I hope I can find out the rest myself.

I have a living dex, but I worked really hard for it, so I'm not keen on sharing it..... are you sure Google won't come up with anything? Or a search of this forum? I could've sworn someone posted their living dex boxes in another thread in this very forum.

As for the pk6 files, PkHex opens and edits those directly. If you want to write a script to create a living dex, take a look at the source code - the pk6 file format structure is in Misc/PKX.cs. But honestly, it'd probably be easier to just download the pk6 for each Pokemon and use PkHex to put them in your save. I know for a fact that there are sites that have pk6 files for every Pokemon, but I won't link it because it's probably against forum rules.

There are a lot of calculations and validations that go into making a valid Pokemon in a pk6 file, so writing a script to create a bunch is probably impractical, at the very least because it would take as long, if not longer, than just creating each pk6 file individually.

Your best bet, if you can't find a bin with a living dex, is to download all the pk6 files and then use Tools -> Load/Dump Boxes in PkHex. But if you're cheating anyway just to get a Shiny Charm, why not just use RAM2Sav to put the Shiny Charm in your save file? Or use RAM2Sav and PkHex to mark your Pokedex full and then get the Shiny Charm in-game?

I think it wouldn't be that hard. I haven't checked the source code yet, but I can just make it so all the non-legendary pokemon hatched from eggs, the date can be the same, trainer id and sid don't have to be changed and I can just randomly generate the pokemon id, right?

Thanks for telling me though, I will search around a little more :)