Pokemon Draco Amethyst

Hi thanks for taking your time to read this post. I have a really great idea for a new pokemon ROM but need some help. I would greatly appreciate any tips on how to do stuff, or, if you would consider, actually editing it yourself. If I actually do get to patching a new game, I will not hesitate to give credit.

Ok, I have a whole script of the game written out, here is a summary:

The game is based on a so called mythical island, where the player has his/her entire adventure. The island is rumored to be inhabited with all dragon type pokemon that are new, and the player must travel there to fill out the pokedex. Upon arrival, the player receives his/her starter pokemon. After starting the adventure, the player runs into Team Vista, led by a former actress who wants to capture all the rare pokemon on the island to make her famous once again. The player battles team vista throughout the story, while battling village leaders [in the place of pokemon gyms, there are People who have bonded greatly with their pokemon and have apparently shown great skills].

The script is actually way cooler and more detailed than this short summary, I have it all written out. The game is based on a somewhat historical feel, and the player actually has a good reason to fill out the pokedex.

if you'd be interested in helping me i'd greatly appreciate it. Mostly I just need help with what tools to use, which ROM to edit, and help with how they work. I can send a copy of the script if you need it.

Thanks in Advance!:bidoof:

Edit:

Oh, just FYI, I know how to edit script and programming, but what really confuses me is mapping and inserting sprites.

Edited by torchic13