[Pokemon Diamond] Tools for editing NAMES of pokemon?

Carrier

Im trying to find a tool that can allow me to change the names of pokemon permenantly, as i am adding new pokemon to a ROM. I am trying to change for example Charmander into Bergmite (as i am adding 6th gen pokemon as part of a ROM edit) but can not find any tool that allows me to do this, the closest is PPRE which allows me to type a new name, but it wont save the name. I am wanting to just get the pokemon renamed as i can edit everything else using other editors.

Can anyone suggest any tools that allow me to do this? there must be one, there is a tool for everything else.

Thanks.

It's hard to tell but i dont think it does, unless there is a specific DIAMOND NARC that has pokemon names, i dont think this will work. Any other tools? I heard that old versions of PPRE did allow you to change pokemon names but that ability doesnt seem to work in later versions, if i had a list of old versions maybe i could try each one and find out.

I do have another issue...a rather interesting one. I am replacing smoochum and jynx with bergmite and avalugg however the issue im now having is that...the female version displays the sprite fine, but the male version displays no sprite or an invisible sprite with just the pallette showing when caught, why on earth is this the case? Why would the gender of the pokemon determine whether or not the sprite displays properly? Any help on that would be appreciated, its not a massive deal but id like to understand why.