NDS Adaptor Plus and Black 1 Game Sync ID

Abra Kapocus

I recently started a new game in Black 1, with my old save backed up, with intentions of visiting the Dream World for the first time to get a Nidoran Male with Hustle, only to realize for the first time that a new game file means a new game sync ID... which cannot be changed on the global link website... (what were they thinking when they did this? Honestly)

So then I reloaded my old file via my NDS Adaptor Plus, with the expectation that my Game Sync ID would also be saved within that old file. So I went to the Game Sync only to find that it needed to be recharged. I know it's been two days since I changed the clock, so what gives?

I read somewhere that using external devices can permanently make the Game Sync be "out of energy." Does this include swapping save files via the NDS Adaptor Plus? So... am I hosed? Or does swapping save files merely count as "using the game in another DS?"

The only thing I used that could be quantified as a "cheat" would be the Wondercard Editor. And, no, I used the same DS every time. I honestly don't know what happened.

The things I go through for the ideal team... I just want a Sheer Force Nidoking... :(

[edit] Perhaps because I swapped back to my old save file AFTER I changed the clock, it counts as "using it in another system." I'll have to try it again tomorrow to see if it works.