(B2/W2) Mugshot Help.

Why is it when I replace nates MS with hughs MS, it comes out all fuzzy and corrupted.

I went into adobe fireworks and (with the help of a palette) created the "correct" hugh mugshot as there doesn't seem to be a palette for him in BWME.

Am I doing something wrong?

BWME is still beta. Have you tried replacing with Tinke?

Nate is located in 47, pal is 73. Replace image and palettes.

That doesn't seem to work, because I have to flip the MS of nate and hugh around so that they are not facing away from each other, tinke tells me that there are too many unique colours.

For some reason when I swapped the MS, in game they didn't swap, they were just facing the other way (because I flipped the image), Nate's sprite for some reason got a different palette but hugh's seemed to be ok.

Also it turns out when you flip the image in Adobe Fireworks it gives the file more Unique colours for some reason, whereas if you do it in paint this isn't the case.

OK I played around with it a little bit more and made some progress, the rivals MS is now Nates and looks fine. The only problem I face now is, something has happened to the players MS, even though I had replaced the palette it came out like this:

Q4zaBVE.png

What the players MS is in the Narc:

miBfYli.png

What have I done wrong? D:

Do you have the proper palette selected for it? By this I mean do you have Nate's palette selected when you replace his sprite. It reads Nate's palette, even if you have Hugh's selected.

Also, be sure you have the small mugshot palette selected. Nate and Rosa have two separate palettes for both their small and large mugshots.

After sitting here for a little while and processing what Ruby said, (because I'm clearly stupid) I managed to get the MS Working, I just got a little confused that even though you replace the palette when you upload the image, it's the wrong palette.

(When uploading the image it changes 7_73 but you need to change 7_72 as well or thats what I had to do anyway.)

WaHoi1z.png

Edited by iiaaronxix