PID and other issues

fishyfins

Good afternoon!

Ive managed to get back the two event pokes i lost when my games were stolen, but im still very much stuck on trying to recreate the three shinies i lost, and would really appreciate some more help to see what im doing wrong.

The pokemon im experimenting on is my Caterpie. a lvl 6 shiny i found on route 204 in diamond when using the dongle method with firered. I can easily create a shiny caterpie that "looks" legit, in all but 2 areas. first, Pokecheck always says i have an invalid PID, and secondly, for location, it says "Possible method J/K slots don't match encounter".

Firstly, as far as the PID goes, ive tried 2 methods. ive tried using pokegen to actually search for a valid PID after inputting all the data, and secondly, ive tried leaving the PID section completely blank when generating the pokemon, but neither method yields a valid PID for me. In both cases, i input all the data in, saved from tabs, reloaded pokegen, put the .PKM file into the PC box slot, generate the code, and pop it onto the game using my AR. the code works, and the pokemon is correct, but as i say, on Pokegen, it says invalid PID.

The other issue is the location data. Caterpie can be found in Diamond on route 204 by using the dongle method with pokemon firered inserted. I select route 204 as the met at location, and select long grass encounter, but it still says "Possible method J/K slots don't match encounter". Im not sure how else i could change the encounter data to make it correct. the one thing it could be, is that when i generate the code, i have diamond as te distination game, and put it onto that card using the AR. i then poketransfer it straight to my copy of white, and pokechekc it from there. so possibly the poketransfer could be screwing up the location data?

any help would be greatly appreciated

p.s. heres a link to the pokecheck page for this caterpie, if it helps

https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=4228545

edit: tried it with my Corsola as well, and same issues :(

Edited by fishyfins
added link