Editing Game Sync in .sav file

tenka14

can anyone change or teach me how to change game sync in .sav files? i tried searching in the threads about editing game sync id in .sav files but it seems i cant find one, just change the current game sync with this new one S7SMAPAHGC any suggest or replies will be accepted :D

Is this a US, Japanese, or European save?

Someone in another thread gave two Japanese save files (one before entering the gamesync id, and one after). I was able to find where the game sync ID was located in that version and the US version, but I have no idea how it's encoded (nor have I looked at it since). If you have the Japanese version, just for kicks I could try to

(technical stuff)

make a patch file (similar to ROM hacks) and apply that to the save (and of course fix the checksums with Pokegen), though that would probably yield unintended side effects. It's worth a shot, trying to

reset it so you never entered the game sync ID. If you don't have the Japanese version, we could still try, but I'll need any save before entering the game sync ID and the same save immediately after entering the game sync ID (not that I'm asking you to make these, it takes a lot of time and there's no guarantee that it would work).