Pokesave Pt for EU Pt

I have both Pokemon Diamond and Platinum for EU countries. Diamond always worked for me when I edited it with pokesav but Platinum does not (I use the correct pokesav). I have an R4 Deluxe/SDHC and the main problem I have is that pokemon that I add to the box never show up after loading, and if I try to edit the party I corrupt the save file.

So I was wondering, does pokesav platinum work for the EU version of Pokemon Pt. When I re-read the save with pokesav the pokemon is where it should be but the game never shows it. Also, sometimes other parts of the game a read wrong (such as the fact that it believes that I have around 252 repel steps left).

I'm about to try running it in YSMenu but I don't think that's the problem. I'm also re-copying the rom onto the flashcard to see if that fixes it. (Which means back to the start once again!).

I know that the P/D pokesav worked but does the Pt one work for PKMN Pt? I've found one reference to this before but it was about pearl which I have never tried (I used diamond and it worked).

Please see if you can answer my question.

Edit: I also re-downloaded Pokesav to make sure that wasn't the problem...it didn't help.