Pokemon B/W Hilbert Mugshot Problem

Hello, I have a problem with Hilbert's (The male Pokemon B/W hero) mugshot. I am trying to replace it with this Mugshot:

red1c.png

I used kiwi.ds (edit.exe), BWME and everything successfully but when I tested it, I got this:

img20120523170143.jpg

I hope someone can please help me with this, I really worked for such a long time on this, it's my second time ever editing a ROM (First was when I installed the Overworld and Backsprites for Red)

Open the image in Photoshop, go to Image > Mode > Indexed Color...

and set the Palette to ''Local (Selective)''.

If colors come out wrong, I always try to create an enormous custom-made palette somewhere in the image (even if this means that you'll have to increase the size of the image to do so), so certain (maximum of 16) colors are dominant in the image so they will be used in the final image when selecting the local selective palette.

Wow, it's not letting me choose Indexed Color. Does the image have to be file type? It is a PNG, so shouldn't it be editable? Does the image have to contain templates or something? It just won't let me choose it.

EDIT: I think I know an alternative way. Image > Adjustments > Posterize...

It allows me to automatically set the amount of colors I think. When set to 2, it looks like Pokemon Yellow Version lol, and now I set it to 16. I'm going to test it, and I'll edit again with results.

EDIT 2: It fixed the color glitch, yes! But for some reason, his shoulders a bit jagged. By that I mean like transparent lines going through them. I don't really mind this, but if the fix is easy, let me know, please? :)

Please post a screenshot of the error. You should never use the ''purest white'' color in your images, but it actually seems like you didn't (your brightest white color actually has a shade of gray). Also, do his shoulders contain the same colors as the background color after the 16 color adjustment? Because then it will become transparant. You might want to pick lime green or some other weird color as the background color because it's definitely not used in Red's mugshot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...