Changing PokeGen's language resets the 'Location' data, and affects Pokedex's 'Features' droplist.

jariesuicune

This has been something that's bugged me for quite a while. If you have a Location set under the Met tab (for both regular and Hatch Location), then change the Language, it will reset the Locations to being unset.

Is this normal? I find that unlikely, since the game translations should have the same location indicators.

Another thing that is affected by the Language change is the Features option in the Pokedex editor. Changing the Language will make the droplist for the Features fail to appear. Changing the language back won't fix it. However, after closing PokeGen and starting it back up it will be accessable.

Also, I wouldn't call these "bugs", but I have noticed them, so shall mention:

-The last letter of some text on almost every tab (such as on Main tab's Egg and Shiny text) are nicked. I just wonder if that could be cleaned up at some point, for a cleaner look. (Not a big issue to me; I just noticed because it looked a little odd)

-On the Stats tab, when you change the IV's, the text indicating their "quirk" and their Hidden Power info doesn't refresh. Instead it just stacks over the previous text. Switching tabs will clear it, but it is a bit of an extra step.

Those are the only "bugs" I've noted so far. If I notice any others, I'll let you know.

Hope it helps! And, as always, thanks for all your work!

This has been something that's bugged me for quite a while. If you have a Location set under the Met tab (for both regular and Hatch Location), then change the Language, it will reset the Locations to being unset.

Is this normal? I find that unlikely, since the game translations should have the same location indicators.

I've known about this, but haven't cared enough to fix it.

Another thing that is affected by the Language change is the Features option in the Pokedex editor. Changing the Language will make the droplist for the Features fail to appear. Changing the language back won't fix it. However, after closing PokeGen and starting it back up it will be accessable.

What? This doesn't happen to me. So you're saying clicking the combobox doesn't open any list at all?

The last letter of some text on almost every tab (such as on Main tab's Egg and Shiny text) are nicked. I just wonder if that could be cleaned up at some point, for a cleaner look. (Not a big issue to me; I just noticed because it looked a little odd)

I'll need a screenshot of that one. It sounds like you're using a non-standard DPI setting.

On the Stats tab, when you change the IV's, the text indicating their "quirk" and their Hidden Power info doesn't refresh. Instead it just stacks over the previous text. Switching tabs will clear it, but it is a bit of an extra step.

Yet another thing that doesn't occur for me. What OS are you using? Are you using any UI modifications like WindowBlinds or something?

I've known about this, but haven't cared enough to fix it.

Ah, ok. Well, it's not that big a deal (to me at least) since I can use them easily in Japanese mode when I want it. Just a bit frustrating when wanting to verify I'm using the correct English name for a place, since I only play the Japanese versions.

What? This doesn't happen to me. So you're saying clicking the combobox doesn't open any list at all?

Yeah, I don't understand this one at all. Why would the language setting disable that particular dropbox in the Pokedex settings?

Not that I've much knowledge on coding whatsoever... -_-;

I'll need a screenshot of that one. It sounds like you're using a non-standard DPI setting.

DPI Setting? No, that's left at it's default (96 DPI). No need for it to be different for me that I know of.

Yet another thing that doesn't occur for me. What OS are you using? Are you using any UI modifications like WindowBlinds or something?

Nope, no funny mods. I prefer my system to be as clean as I can.

Windows XP, SP3, up to date.

I prefer the classic look (personally I still hate being forced to "upgrade" my PC to WinXP. Win2K is SO the most comfortable layout for me. 'winvista/7 is user-friendly', hah, mumble mumble grumble... -_-; ).

Um... what's the best way to attach an image? I've got the screenshots, but I only see a thing for adding HTML-located images. I'm still relatively new to making full use of forums...

www.imgur.com Upload it there, link to it here.

I confirmed that the combobox problem does occur on Windows XP, however, even on XP, none of the other problems were present. You ARE using 3.0.3, I assume.

Edit: Apparently I missed the fact that you mentioned you use the classic UI appearance. That's what causes the text overlapping problem to occur, although I'm not sure why yet.

Edit2: That's now fixed.

Edited by Codr

I haven't fixed the features combobox yet. I'm not sure what's causing that problem still. I also still need a screenshot of PokeGen on your computer so I can see the text cutoff thing you mentioned.

As for getting tired of it... not when it's regarding real issues with the program.

The Pokedex features combobox problem is turning out to be rather elusive. I'm still clueless as to what's causing the problem. It's got to be some weird Windows quirk.

Edit: Well, I've managed to "fix" it, but it was more of a compromise than an actual fix because I don't know what Windows is doing to these controls in this case. The rest of the issues are also fixed in 3.0.4.

Edited by Codr