[GUIDE] Pokemon Black and White In-Game Battle Guide

wraith89

bannervp.png

Pokemon Black and White In-Game Battle Guide

by Some Kid Next Door

[icon]162[/icon]Introduction

This guide is written for people who need help defeating Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and all those other major battles. I may eventually evolve this guide into a general game guide, I think. I am contemplating on that.

For a specific guide on how each Pokemon work in-game, click me.

For those who are curious, STAB means SAME TYPE ATTACK BOOST. That means a move that is the same type as your Pokemon will do 1.5x its amount. I will use this term a lot just for the people who are confused.

The general format will be:

506v.png <--- Pokemon Picture

Lillipup Lv. 12 <--- Pokemon Name, Gender, and Level

NORMAL <--- Pokemon Type

Ability: Pickup <--- Pokemon Ability

Bite/Work Up/Odor Sleuth/Helping Hand

Pokemon Moveset will be here. The colour codes is there to show what type each move are (though I share colours with many typings unfortunately). Any STAB move will be bolded to show you which moves get a boost from STAB.

[icon]162[/icon]The Eight Robot Masters' Weaknesses

pokeman.png

Apron Woman: Use P Buster or Dragon Tail

Waiter Man: Use P Buster or Retaliate

Masked Man: Use Work Up

Mayor Man: Use Frost Breath or Dragon Tail (OHKO!)

Model Woman: Use P Buster or Bulldoze

Acro Woman: Use Volt Switch or Frost Breath

Art Man: Use Acrobatics

Tough Boss Man: Use Struggle Bug or Frost Breath

Dr. N's Castle:

Flamboyant Gambler: Use Struggle Bug

Writing Ghost: Use Frost Breath

Brick Fighter: Use Acrobatics

Butterfly Princess: Use Struggle Bug

[Teleport Hatch: Fight all Eight Robot Masters again!]

N: Use Struggle Bug

Old Guy: Use Acrobatics

Old Guy Saucer: Use Dragon Tail

[icon]162[/icon]The Eight Gym Leaders (for real)

The first gym leader depends on which Pokemon you selected as your starter.

For people who started with Oshawott:

VSCilan.png

Cilan

Reward:

1680 P

TM83 Work Up

506v.png

Lillipup Lv. 12

NORMAL

Ability: Pickup

First off is Lillipup, the doggy you encountered in the first route, so it does not seem to be something we would worry about. However, this Lillipup is different; it is taught Work Up, which basically raises its Attack and Special Attack by 1 stage. Beware of that and do not let the dog set up too much, as its attack power is naturally pretty high. Thankfully, Bite is not STAB and it should not take long to defeat Lillipup if your Oshawott is leveled high enough. About 3-4 Water Guns should do, but watch out for that boosted Bite! If Oshawott is low on health, Water Gun will be powered up thanks to Torrent, which should be useful. I have no idea why Odor Sleuth and Helping Hand is even there...

511g.png

Pansage Lv. 14

GRASS

Ability: Gluttony

Work Up/Lick/Fury Swipes/Vine Whip

Then comes Pansage, which spells doom for your own Oshawott. You should have received a level 10 Pansear from a girl in the Dreamyard. Use it. STAB Incinerate should be 2-3HKO at most, while Pansage's STAB Vine Whip is resisted. After that battle, congratulate yourself as you have your first gym badge of Unova!

For people who started with Snivy:

VSChili.png

Chili

Reward:

1680 P

TM83 Work Up

506v.png

Lillipup Lv. 12

NORMAL

First off is Lillipup, the doggy you encountered in the first route, so it does not seem to be something we would worry about. However, this Lillipup is different; it is taught Work Up, which basically raises its Attack and Special Attack by 1 stage. Beware of that and do not let the dog set up too much, as its attack power is naturally pretty high. Thankfully, Bite is not STAB and it should not take long to defeat Lillipup if your Snivy is leveled high enough. Since Snivy's offences are lacking, use Growth to pump up Snivy's attack power. However, realise that as you are setting up, so is Lillipup. Set up Growth for about 3-4 times and Vine Whip should do significant damage if not OHKO. If Snivy is low on health, Vine Whip will be powered up thanks to Overgrow, which should be useful. I have no idea why Odor Sleuth and Helping Hand is even there...

513.png

Pansear Lv. 14

FIRE

Work Up/Lick/Fury Swipes/Incinerate

Then comes Pansear, which spells doom for your own Snivy. However, after a couple of Growths, a few Tackles can damage Pansear a lot. I tried this, but unfortunately, that Pansear landed a critical hit on me... and yeah. It did not turn out well. So I had to resort to Panpour to finish Pansear off. You should have received a level 10 Panpour from a girl in the Dreamyard. Use it. STAB Water Gun should be 2-3HKO at most, while Pansear's STAB Incinerate is resisted. Take note that Incinerate will remove your held berry, so if you are holding an Oran Berry or something, it will get fried, hence unusable. After that battle, congratulate yourself as you have your first gym badge of Unova!

For people who started with Tepig:

VSCress.png

Cress

Reward:

1680 P

TM83 Work Up

506v.png

Lillipup Lv. 12

NORMAL

First off is Lillipup, the doggy you encountered in the first route, so it does not seem to be something we would worry about. However, this Lillipup is different; it is taught Work Up, which basically raises its Attack and Special Attack by 1 stage. Beware of that and do not let the dog set up too much, as its attack power is naturally pretty high. Thankfully, Bite is not STAB and it should not take long to defeat Lillipup if your Tepig is leveled high enough. About 3-4 Ember should do, but watch out for that boosted Bite! If Tepig is low on health, Ember will be powered up thanks to Blaze, which should be useful. I have no idea why Odor Sleuth and Helping Hand is even there...

515y.png

Panpour Lv. 14

WATER

Work Up/Lick/Fury Swipes/Water Gun

Then comes Panpour, which spells doom for your own Tepig. You should have received a level 10 Pansage from a girl in the Dreamyard. Use it. STAB Vine Whip should be 2-3HKO at most, while Panpour's STAB Water Gun is resisted. After that battle, congratulate yourself as you have your first gym badge of Unova!

VSLenora.png

Lenora

Reward:

2400 P

TM67 Retaliate

By now, I am sure you are sick of seeing the same types of Pokemon all over again, and Lenora is no exception. She is not using anything you haven't seen before. Oh wait, then why is everyone having trouble here? This battle, believe it or not, may be one of the harder battles of this game. If your starter has not evolved by now, you should train a little more. Your starter will evolve at level 17, so before you reach here, make sure your starter is at its second form or have a Pokemon that can deal with this gym. Also recommended are Fighting Pokemon just outside Pinwheel Forest near this town, where you can catch Timburr or even the rare Throh or Sawk. If you have those, great. Grind them up to at least level 16ish or something so they can deal better with Lenora's Pokemon. Also, keep a few Super Potions in handy as you will need it. You may want to pack like 2-5 Awakenings too, just in case. In this city, there is a man who will sell battle items, such as X Speed or X Defend and such. Those are useful, but you may not need them now. Stock up on them later though just in case as those items can turn the tide of the battle.

507k.png

Herdier Lv. 18

NORMAL

Ability: Intimidate

Leer/Bite/Take Down/Retaliate

First off is Herdier, the evolved form of Lillipup. I know you've dealt with Lillipup before, but Herdier is no joke. In fact, her ability Intimidate will already put you at a disadvantage if you are primarily using physical attacks, especially Pignite and Dewott, who resort to Arm Thrust and Razor Shell, respectively. Servine users do not have to worry as much as Leaf Tornado is a special attack and can spam Growths to power up and make up for the power drop. However, keep in mind Normal types are weak to Fighting moves, so Pignite will love to spam Arm Thrust at this gym. Anyhow, Herdier's STAB Take Down is powerful, in fact that is a 135 base power move right there coming at you! Your Pokemon will not be able to stomach that unless you happened to level a Roggenrolla, who can tank normal attacks. Beware of Leer, as it will lower your Pokemon's defence, making you an easy prey to Take Down. Don't worry too much about Bite, as it probably will not use it. In fact, Pignite resists it thanks to its part Fighting type. But... Take Down will also chip off Herdier's HP as well. You may just as well keep attacking Herdier, because she is not the biggest threat so far.

Pignite's Arm Thrust will take a few hits to finish the doggy down due to being super effective, while Dewott's Razor Shell has a high critical hit chance, so if you are lucky, a few well placed Razor Shells will also take it down. Servine will take a different strategy as it cannot rely on brute force. Set up a couple of Growths as usual (watch out for those Take Downs), and at + 3 or 4 attack / special attack, a Leaf Tornado should take down Herdier, provided it does not miss. If you want, you can toss a Leech Seed at the first turn to get some healing while setting up. Servine learns Leech Seed at level 20. Remember to heal up your Pokemon if it is low in health.

A general tip is when a Gym Leader's Pokemon goes to low Orange to Red HP, they will use a recovery item. In Lenora's case, it is a Super Potion. You may be frustrated if that happens. However, keep in mind that is essentially a free turn for you to do something. If you know you will 2HKO the opponent's Pokemon and it is slower than yours anyways, just keep attacking and the foe will fall. Or if you really need to, just heal up your Pokemon too at that turn.

505w.png

Watchog Lv. 20

NORMAL

Ability: Illuminate

Hypnosis/Leer/Crunch/Retaliate

Now comes the part where everyone struggles at (unless you have a powerful Throh / Sawk in your hands) and it is that blasted Watchog! Those noob Patrats you fought from those Team Plasma Grunts? They have nothing on this one! Once this thing comes in, watch as your Pokemon takes a whopping STAB 210 attack power Retaliate in its face! That will most likely knock your Pokemon out. So like, how do we deal with that? Here's someone's trick for that particular part.

For Lenora, the trick is: after you knock out the Herdier, switch to a pokemon you don't plan on using and use the turn to heal up your main pokemon. Chances are, retaliate will take out the pokemon you don't need. That gives you a free switch into your main pokemon for the fight.

This is a great way to deal with it as Retaliate only doubles on that turn Watchog is sent out as a teammate faints (in her case, the Herdier). What if you only have one Pokemon? Pray that it survives the impact, though it is the easiest when your Pokemon is a Servine. My situation was exactly that: I only had Servine in my party actually. Servine had like 7X HP max, and Retaliate dealt a whopping 5X damage to Servine, leaving it with 2X HP. Time to heal up I guess. Once Watchog uses Retaliate, she will most likely not use it anymore.

However, she will try using other scary strategies against your Pokemon. Crunch is a more powerful version of Bite and it even has a chance to lower your defence. Leer as you know lowers your defence, and then it has this really annoying move called Hypnosis. Supposedly it is a 60% accurate move, but it certainly doesn't feel like it misses often. It puts your Pokemon to sleep, giving Watchog free turns to do whatever it wants against you. I hope you bought some Awakenings. As usual, Pignite has an advantage for having a type advantage, so use Arm Thrust continually. You may want to use Flame Charge once or twice to get the speed advantage against Watchog, then proceed to Arm Thrust. Pignite has the added advantage of resisting Crunch. You can also learn Work Up from that TM you won from the first gym and use it to boost your attack up.

Dewott only has STAB Razor Shell to fall back to. However, you can use Focus Energy to raise its critical hit ratio, which Razor Shell is already good at, and then attack with it and hope for a critical. Dewott is not too frail either so it can handle a few Crunches... hopefully. Also, Torrent powers up Razor Shell when at low health, so that can also work to your advantage, provided Razor Shell does not miss. Don't bother with Fury Cutter, as it takes too long to get to its full power and one miss will cost you. Oh if only it learned Revenge earlier... but it takes until level 28 to learn that.

Servine, as you know, plays differently, and will require a couple of boosts from Growth to take advantage of its Leaf Tornado. Although Hypnosis is a bother and Crunch's defence lowering can be scary, Servine for the most part should do fine and is naturally faster than Watchog, unlike the other two starters. Use that to your advantage.

If all else fails, try catching more Pokemon. Remember, those Pokemon outside the town is not there for no reason! Fighting Pokemon have an advantage against Normal types and I cannot stress that enough. And always remember to have a few Super Potions. Once you are finished, congratulations! You have defeated one of the harder gyms of this game! Your reward is a TM for Retaliate, that move you were so scared of before. Unfortunately, that move requires you to be at a disadvantage because for it to be at full power, one of your Pokemon must have fainted from the turn before it is used.

VSBurgh.png

Burgh

Reward:

2880 P

TM76 Struggle Bug

Burgh is one strange customer. Donning a rather flamboyant style, his first Pokemon is this... really weird... wheel looking thing that we call a bug. Interesting. It looks poisonous too! I would not touch that thing with a 10 foot pole... like ever. I would like to have you know that you Pignite users will rejoice all over this gym because Bug Pokemon happen to be weak to Fire attacks! Dewott and Servine users, however, may need to use a different Pokemon. Using a Fighting Pokemon may be ineffective though because Bug Pokemon resist Fighting moves. That is, unless you have a Timburr that sports Rock Throw, which is effective against Bug Pokemon. Timburr learns it at level 16, and it will be of help, as Fighters too, resist Bug attacks. A Pokemon I recommend is Tranquill, who should have received ample training in Pinwheel Forest if you had a Pidove. Flying Pokemon have a huge advantage against Bug Pokemon too! Pidove learns the fairly useful Air Cutter at level 15, and that is the move you should use in this gym. I also recommend this nifty item called the Eviolite, which one of the people in an apartment should give you. It increases a non-fully evolved Pokemon (which is what your team should consist of at this point) defence and special defence by 1.5x when held, which is VERY useful. Keep that on a Pokemon you plan on using a lot, such as your starter.

544s.png

Whirlipede Lv. 21

BUG / POISON

Ability: Swarm

Screech/Pursuit/Poison Tail/Struggle Bug

Whirlipede has a very high defence, but his attack power is not too high and he is rather slow. Anyways, Whirlipede has a move called Screech, which is Leer on steroids, HALVING your defence. That is scary. And he even knows you will switch out so he packs this move called Pursuit. Pursuit is fairly weak, but if you decide to switch out, Pursuit does double damage and will actually hit your Pokemon as it switches out (why do you think it is called Pursuit?), so be careful of that. Then his two STAB moves are Poison Tail and Struggle Bug. Poison Tail is not too powerful, but it has a nasty chance to poison your Pokemon, so be careful of that. However, a Timburr with the ability GUTS can take advantage of this, as GUTS increases Timburr's attack when he suffers under a status condition such as poisoning. You can use that to your advantage. Struggle Bug is a nuisance as it reduces your Special Attack. However, the damage it deals is a pittance, as even a super effective Struggle Bug did like 8 damage to my Servine. His ability is Swarm, which is like Torrent / Blaze / Overgrow, but for Bug type moves. If Whirlipede's HP is below 1/4 or something, it powers up Struggle Bug. Not that it'll hurt even then, mind you...

To defeat it? Pignite uses Flame Charge for super effective damage. You can also try Defense Curl + Rollout on Pignite, as it will also land super effective hits on the following two Pokemon as well and will only get stronger, provided it does not miss. Just use Flame Charge first so that Pignite's speed can increase.

Dewott's Razor Shell should hurt enough. Use Focus Energy to raise critical hit chance if you want. If you have Water Pulse at this point, that's even better due to its consistency, Whirlipede's lower special defence, and that extra chance of confusion. See what works out for you.

Servine should just stay away from this battle, period. Not only does Whirlipede sport Poison Tail to make Servine's life miserable, but he also quadruple resists Servine's STAB moves. That's not good, so use another Pokemon, such as Tranquill. Air Cutter should be at least a 2HKO on the bug, even though Tranquill's Special Attack is not too remarkable.

spr5b557.png

Dwebble Lv. 21

BUG / ROCK

Ability: Shell Armour

Sand-Attack/Faint Attack/Smack Down/Struggle Bug

Now Dwebble's an interesting Pokemon. Dwebble's defence is pretty high, but his other stats somewhat suffer. However, this thing is a Bug / Rock type, so it is not weak to Fire. It also is not resistant to Fighting and Grass moves. Leave Tranquill out of this one, because Dwebble has access to STAB Smack Down, which is super effective on Flying Pokemon. I think this one's strategy is to annoy you with Sand-Attack to reduce your Pokemon's accuracy and will use Faint Attack that never misses just to tease you. Timburr still works since Rock Throw is super effective and his Fighting moves are not resisted.

Anyhow, Pignite isn't weak to anything Dwebble has to offer and resists Faint Attack and Struggle Bug. Struggle Bug can be annoying if you are consistently using Ember. In fact, I recommend that because Dwebble's special defence is pitiful, only a base 35. You can still use Defense Curl + Rollout however, hopefully continuing from your battle with Whirlipede. Either way, not too much trouble here unless Sand-Attack makes you suffer.

Dewott can handle this one very easily. In fact, Dwebble is weak to Water moves thanks to its Rock typing! Use a Water Pulse and I don't believe Dwebble will survive it. Razor Shell can also work I think due to its low HP. However, don't bother with Focus Energy because Dwebble's ability Shell Armour negates critical hits.

Believe it or not, Servine can handle this battle as well. Since Dwebble does not resist Leaf Tornado, it should work. However, I find this thing spamming Struggle Bug on me, so using Growth is to no avail. Either way, you will win out eventually and if you are lucky, it may stop using Struggle Bug in one turn and you can at least have a + 1 boost.

542x.png

Leavanny Lv. 23

BUG / GRASS

Protect/String Shot/Razor Leaf/Struggle Bug

Now comes Burgh's trump card, Leavanny. He's a pretty cool looking Pokemon, but Burgh needs a much better moveset than this. He's pretty fast and pretty powerful, and sports two STAB moves, Razor Leaf... and that annoying Struggle Bug. Protect is mainly an annoyance and can make you waste 1 PP and String Shot lowers your Pokemon's speed.

Pignite users rejoice. One Flame Charge or two and that's all she wrote. Leavanny is quadruple weak to Fire attacks thanks to his typing! Not only that but Leavanny has NOTHING to hurt Pignite; both of his moves are resisted and Struggle Bug is pitiful.

Dewott users would be wise to leave it out of this match. A STAB Razor Leaf will slice Dewott to pieces before it can even retaliate. STAB Water moves are also resisted by Leavanny, and even if you had Revenge, that is also resisted and does not receive STAB. What... super effective Fury Cutter? Pfft... good luck. That thing won't do anything unless you significantly boosted it from previous Pokemon Burgh had, but if you don't outspeed (which is very likely) or if Fury Cutter misses... GG.

Servine too, would be best off avoiding this battle. Its STAB is QUADRUPLE resisted by Leavanny and more often than not, Leavanny would defeat Servine before Servine could touch him. However, you can try to set up and use a Normal Attack and maybe you'll have a chance. Like Slam... that is if it hits. But don't count on it. You still have a better chance than Dewott, but I still don't recommend using Servine here.

Use that Tranquill if you have it. Not only does it resist whatever Leavanny has to offer, but STAB Air Cutter is 4x effective on Leavanny's Bug/Grass typing! My Tranquill 2HKOd Leavanny with that move, and Leavanny could do basically nothing to Tranquill. I suppose Timburr's Rock Throw can also work, but Leavanny's Razor Leaf can hurt, especially if it lands a critical hit. Roggenrolla's Rock moves would work too, but Razor Leaf is super effective and will 2HKO.

This battle is not too tough if you use the right Pokemon, and you have plenty of resources around you to (ab)use. After that battle, you get TM for Struggle Bug. Unfortunately, I don't know if you will ever use this, as it's mostly an annoyance, and has little effect in aiding you. It does reduce Special Attack constantly though, so if you can build a strategy around that, great. But I see little application for that technique unfortunately and I think they could have used a better attack for this gym. Oh well.

VSElesa.png

Elesa

Reward:

3240 P

TM76 Volt Switch

This battle is what many people consider a very annoying one. Some people even think it is their most difficult. Personally I found Lenora to be the most difficult one, but this one will prove annoying regardless. First off, if you did NOT train at Desert Resort, PLEASE do so now! You will gain some valuable experience and you may also gain new friends such as Sandile, a Ground type Pokemon that has an advantage against Electric Pokemon, being immune to Electric attacks as well. Get Sandile to at least Level 28 so it can learn STAB Crunch, which is fairly powerful, though it will evolve at level 29. It learns Dig at level 32, but that may be too much grinding. Actually, you can obtain TM28 Dig in Route 4, in a house somewhere, so that's a moot point. Or if you caught a Drilbur if you were lucky enough to encounter one in a cave, use that guy. It is one of the more powerful Pokemon of this game and has interesting options. They put these Ground Pokemon before Nimbasa City's gym on purpose you know! Even a Tympole you may have caught back at Pinwheel Forest's entrance (for some strange reason in grass patches) can evolve into Palpitoad at level 25, who is part Water and PART GROUND, giving it an immunity to Electric attacks! Pack some Super Potions and perhaps a few Paralyse Heals before you enter this gym. Also, TM27 Return is on sale in Nimbasa Pokemon Center. If you have not purchased that, I highly recommend you do so. This gives some of your Pokemon a new move to use, and the more happier they are, the more powerful it gets. Your starter Pokemon should be VERY happy enough to use this attack. Servine users especially will get a lot out of this move, considering its movepool is a bunch of Grass moves, and you probably resorted to Tackle or the unreliable Slam for coverage and you are dying for a new move.

587.png

Emolga Lv. 25

ELECTRIC / FLYING

Ability: Static

Quick Attack/Pursuit/Aerial Ace/Volt Switch

Any how, remember when I said Electric Pokemon were weak to Ground attacks? Forget I ever said that... because Emolga here is trolling with its part Flying type, meaning it is IMMUNE. You didn't come here with a Sand-Attack/Sand Tomb/Mud-Slap/Dig Sandile here now, did you? DID YA?! All right, well, Emolga has options against all three starters. Dewott, obviously, will hate this thing because of its weakness to Electric attacks. Pignite and Servine are both weak to its other STAB Aerial Ace, which is a base power 90 move, and it will NEVER MISS! Talk about annoying. STAB Volt Switch allows Emolga to attack your Pokemon and SIMULTANEOUSLY switch out, much like a similar move called U-turn! Thinking about switching out yourself? Remember Pursuit? If it happens to catch you on the switch, then it will deal double damage. Ouch! And so you weakened Emolga and you ended up with a low health as well. Quick Attack from this jerk will finish you off before you even get to move! Well, not like you are outspeeding Emolga anyhow...

And that's not all. You use any move that comes in contact (mostly physical moves), Emolga's ability STATIC will paralyse the offending Pokemon, which basically means it cut your speed down to 1/4 and 1/4 of the time you will be giving the opponent a free turn due to full paralysis. Could they have possibly made this even more annoying?

587.png

Emolga Lv. 25

ELECTRIC / FLYING

Quick Attack/Pursuit/Aerial Ace/Volt Switch

Yeah, the SAME exact Pokemon is her second Pokemon as well, and you will most likely encounter this one too due to Volt Switch that it will make your head dizzy! Only this one is a female, the other one is a male. Now where's the baby? So like, how do we defeat these twins? Do note that Emolga do lack a bit of offensive power and they're only fast, that's about it. They also have defences equal to thin paper, so they can be taken out pretty quickly, provided you use the right moves.

Dewott, as I said, should stay out. Volt Switch will hurt, but perhaps not lethal unless critical hit. Having said that, a Razor Shell or Water Pulse will do plenty of damage to Emolga if you connect. If Dewott is at least level 33, Aqua Jet will be awesome because you will go first regardless (unless Emolga is using Quick Attack, which it will not), but even so, I do not recommend using Dewott here unless you are significantly overleveled or even a Samurott.

Pignite is weak to Aerial Ace, but I highly doubt it will land a 2HKO due to its fatness. If it does, then I am mistaken. Either way, you can somehow cheat and use STAB Flame Charge to become faster and pray that Static will not activate. Pignite's Arm Thrust is resisted, so do not bother. Your only super effective move is Rollout at this point, but it is impractical due to the many turns it requires to set up and be strong. However, if Pignite is at least level 31, STAB Heat Crash will be amazing because the heavier your Pokemon is against the foe's, the better damage it will do. Emolga is utterly light, and therefore, Pignite's Heat Crash will be a full 180 base power move against Emolga, no doubt OHKOing the rodent. That's gotta hurt...

Servine users, do as I do. Did you teach Servine Return? If not, please do so, and you won't regret it. First off, this thing will probably spam Aerial Ace against Servine, but Servine will not take too much damage from it due to its defences. It will probably be a 3HKO at best, especially if you have an Eviolite equipped (I did not have it equipped for some stupid reason). Now proceed to set up Growths! But-it's attacking me! Set up! But I'm getting owned here-set up! It just KOd my Servine-you should have healed when you had to mate! Anyhow, you will want to set up a few Growths, maybe 3-4 as usual, but MAKE SURE YOU HEAL UP when HP is getting low, and you should be doing fine. Sometime eventually, Emolga will Volt Switch out, but a well placed Return will most likely OHKO Emolga after a couple of Growths. Also, try using a single X Speed if you have one because you will need it.

If you will not use your starter (such as Dewott), use your alternative Pokemon. Do NOT use a Flying Pokemon, as they will get destroyed. Ground Pokemon such as Sandile or Drilbur will work. Sandile will have to resort to Crunch or some of its other Dark STAB moves to hurt Emolga, as Emolga is immune to Ground attacks. Also, Emolga is weak to Rock and Ice attacks. You may not have Ice attacks at this point, but you have access to plenty of Pokemon with Rock attacks. A Drilbur at level 29 learns the powerful Rock Slide, and you may have a Roggenrolla/Boldore or Timburr/Gurdurr with Rock Throw or Rock Blast or anything of that effect. Keep in mind the latter is weak to Aerial Ace, but even so, Emolga should not hurt too much. A trick is if you predict a Volt Switch (by leaving Dewott out), send your Ground Pokemon in, and Volt Switch will have no effect! Cornerned like a mouse, Emolga... heh heh.

523.png

Zebstrika Lv. 27

ELECTRIC

Ability: Lightningrod

Quick Attack/Flame Charge/Spark/Volt Switch

I'm sure you've seen Blitzle before, but this here is his father. Zebstrika is blazingly fast with a base speed of 116 and is fairly powerful physically. Don't be surprised if you are overrun by this monster, but fortunately, he isn't too bulky. In fact, in the later stages of the game you will find these things going down in a single hit or something to that effect due to their frailness. Anyways, it is not FLYING, so thankfully, Ground moves WILL have an effect. His ability is LIGHTNINGROD, which grants Zebstrika an IMMUNITY to Electric attacks and will power up his Special Attack power, which is his Volt Switch. Not that move again! Yes, and also watch out, he has Spark running off his base 100 attack power, which can lay a hurt to anything that does not resist it. Servine users watch out as oddly as it sounds, because Zebstrika has Flame Charge, which is super effective against Grass Pokemon. Ouch. Last but not least Quick Attack is going to finish off your weakened Pokemon.

Dewott shouldn't be fighting this match... so don't bother.

Pignite can do okay as long as you are hitting hard with Flame Charge or Arm Thrust, maybe Return if you taught it that. Don't bother with Heat Crash because Zebstrika weighs more than Pignite. Heal up if needed, but Zebstrika can go down pretty quickly.

Servine users, have you spammed Growths earlier and LEFT SERVINE in the battlefield? Is it not paralysed and / or in low health? Did you use that X Speed? Good, because when Zebstrika comes in, use a single Return or, if you are level 32, STAB Leaf Blade, and down goes the zebra! If not, you are in for one crazy battle.

As usual, Ground Pokemon with Dig or something should be able to OHKO Zebstrika. Your Sandile / Krokorok stops Volt Switch cold and can Dig its way to victory. Drilbur can do so as well. Fighters and Rock Pokemon should be bulky enough to stomach a hit from Zebstrika and retaliate with their physical STAB. Boldore resists Flame Charge and Quick Attack, isn't hurt too much by Spark, but cannot stomach a lot of Volt Switches. If only it had that part Ground typing Graveler had. Oh well. Palpitoad is awesome here, as it is immune to two of Zebstrika's attacks, is resistant to Flame Charge, and won't be taking Quick Attacks seriously. If all else fails, strike Zebstrika as hard as you can because it is rather frail.

Once all three Pokemon are down, victory is yours! Your reward is that awfully annoying Volt Switch we were ranting about for hours here, so put that to great use!

VSClay.png

Clay

Reward:

3720P

TM78 Bulldoze*

This is yet another one of those battles people claim is a tough one. It would be if you did not have the proper Pokemon with you, but I can see why people struggle. Ground Pokemon generally are weak to Water or Grass Pokemon, so it would be wise to use them. Also, Vanillite are available just outside Cold Storage, and Ice is strong against Ground. I would not recommend them unless you significantly trained them, as in my experience, they're too slow, too fragile, and was defeated by a Jr. Trainer's Drilbur's Metal Claw and Icy Wind did not slow Drilbur down enough. It will need some significant training before attempting. However, there are Deerlings in the grasslands to the west of Driftveil. If you train it up enough, it will prove to be valuable... except for the fact it will not learn Energy Ball until level 32. Do you keep a Fighting Pokemon in training? Good, because two of Clay's Pokemon are actually weak to Fighting moves! A Palpitoad of your own can also be useful if you have one. Your starter at this point is either fully evolved or somewhere close to it. Of course, stock up on those Potions and I promise you that things will not be too difficult.

552.png

Krokorok Lv. 29

GROUND / DARK

Ability: Moxie

Swagger/Torment/Crunch/Bulldoze

Gangsta Croc is here! I'm sure you *may* have used a Sandile of your own against Elesa before, so you should know what it is. Krokorok is Ground and Dark type, so it is weak to Water, Grass, Ice, Bug, and Fighting attacks. Do NOT use Psychic or Electric attacks on it, so put your Swoobats or Zebstrikas away. Krokorok is pretty powerful, but it is fragile on all accounts so anything it is weak to will probably take it down quickly. Torment disallows you to spam the same moves twice in a row, which can become a major headache if you do not have two moves that actually do damage. Swagger, though, is truly annoying, since if it lands on your Pokemon, it will get confused, and double their attack power. That means your Pokemon can hurt itself in its confusion if your luck is less than perfect. Finally, its two STAB moves are Crunch and Bulldoze. You have seen Crunch before, but not while it had STAB though. Bulldoze, though, is a Ground attack, and it will also lower your Pokemon's speed. That can be annoying for fast Pokemon like Servine or Serperior. His ability is Moxie, which means every time he KOs someone his Attack will raise. *shudders* Don't let him do that!

Pignite or Emboar users can use STAB Arm Thrust and hope it hits more than two times so the crocodile can be KOd. Actually, I think even two hits can KO it. However, watch out for STAB Bulldoze, which will hurt as Pignite is weak to Ground attacks. Emboar can probably take one, however, but that slow down will be annoying.

Dewott or Samurott will have it easy here. A single Water Pulse or Razor Shell or whatever is all you need to do.

Servine or Serperior can just use Leaf Blade. However, an alternative strategy is to set up Growth, or if you have it, Coil (preferably the latter) until you are at + 3 or 4 or something. Krokorok's Swagger or Torment, however, is going to be really annoying, so unless you are gutsy or have perfect luck, I might just try to end up at + 2 or something. You will need this boost for later... eh just KO it with Leaf Blade before it becomes a nuisance I guess.

If you will not use any of these Pokemon, a Fighter such as Gurdurr or Sawk or something will work well, as the Croc stands no chance against fighters. A bug or a grasser, such as Leavanny if you have one, will also fare well. A Razor Leaf struck in its face will OHKO.

536.png

Palpitoad Lv. 29

WATER / GROUND

Ability: Swift Swim

Aqua Ring/Bubblebeam/Muddy Water/Bulldoze

Palpitoad is immune to Electric attacks, so again, keep your Zebstrika away. It is, however, quadruple weak to Grass attacks so a Leavanny or something will prove useful. Aqua Ring is a support move that will restore a small amount of Palpitoad's HP every turn, Bubblebeam is slightly more powerful than Water Pulse and can lower speed, Muddy Water is slightly inaccurate, but its power is tremendous and can lower your accuracy, and Bulldoze will always lower speed as you know.

Pignite or Emboar users may do well to stay out, as Muddy Water will hurt like a monster. Unless you are significantly overleveled, I don't think Pignite is the best of idea here.

Dewott and Samurott won't be suffering with a lot of problems here as Palpitoad does not resist Dewott's STAB Water attacks while Dewott does resist Palpitoad's STAB Water. STAB Bulldoze is not resisted, but it does not matter much and more often than not, Dewott's STAB Water moves should overcome Palpitoad.

Servine or Serperior does not have anything to worry about in this battle and can destroy it with a single Grass attack. If Palpitoad is NOT the last Pokemon, this can be your set up bait and continue to use Growth or Coil.

Grass Pokemon in general, such as Leavanny or Deerling, works well here and resists whatever Palpitoad has to offer. Palpitoad is not that defensively inclined either, so just hit it hard with whatever you have, as long as it isn't an Electric, Fire, Steel, Rock, or Poison attack.

530q.png

Excadrill Lv. 31

GROUND / STEEL

Ability: Sand Rush

Hone Claws/Slash/Rock Slide/Bulldoze

Now here comes the big monster, Excadrill. He is possibly the best Ground Pokemon this game has to offer at this point, with an extra Steel type to boot. He is not too fragile, decently fast, and has that incredibly scary 135 base attack! This is probably your first encounter with a Steel Pokemon, though I might be wrong. They have a whole slew of resistances, and Excadrill is immune to Poison and Electric attacks! However, he is weak to Fire, Water, Ground, and Fighting moves. But do yourself a favour and don't use Boldore like Ash did in the anime. It doesn't work that way in the games. Hone Claws is a boosting attack that raises its already immense attack power and its accuracy. Slash is just a regular attack, but it has a high critical hit chance. Rock Slide can cause flinching and is a decently powered rock attack, and also provides great coverage with his STAB Bulldoze. Do note this guy was BANNED from Standard metagame in Smogon, to show you how powerful this guy really is.

Pignite and Emboar users will find that their Fire and Fighting moves are super effective on Excadrill. However, Excadrill's Bulldoze is scary enough to do numbers to your Pignite, not to mention Excadrill is faster. If you are much overleveled, it is not a problem, but if not, best thing to do is to stay away.

Dewott and Samurott users are in luck, as Water moves are super effective against Excadrill. If Excadrill is low on health, finish him off with Aqua Jet. Excadrill has a lot of HP, but not a lot of defence, so water moves will 1-2HKO.

Servine and Serperior thankfully resists Excadrill's STAB moves. If you set up a lot of Growth or Coil prior to Excadrill coming out, you should have the upper hand here. A single STAB Leaf Blade is all it will take, as Excadrill does not resist it. If you did not, you can still set up here, but I would prefer Coil for the Defence boost. Maybe one or two times or something is all you need.

If you don't think your starter can stomach this, I hope you have a Fighting Pokemon of some sort, like Gurdurr or something. If you leveled Deerling a lot, two or three Jump Kicks should be able to take Excadrill out. But Excadrill will still hurt like a monster. Your own Krokorok or Palpitoad will also work well, as both of them resist Rock Slide and will do catastrophic damage with their own STAB attacks, such as Dig or Palpitoad's Water attacks. Keep in mind that Krokorok will not be able to take a hit very well, but with Intimidate, Excadrill's beast attack power will be lowered.

Overall, that is Clay in a nutshell, and you have now conquered the fifth gym! Oh TM? Yeah he forgets to give you the badge and TM... but go west and head to that cave and he will then give you the badge and TM78, which is Bulldoze.

VSSkyla.png

Skyla

Reward:

4200 P

TM62 Acrobatics

<rant>One thing I want to say to Skyla is to PLEASE WEAR SOME CLOTHES! And you wonder why you get Rule 34'd so easily... kids these days. And I thought Elesa was bad. God knows how things will turn out once she shows up in the anime. Can people really keep a straight face with what she wears? Especially that Professor guy who walked next to her when you first meet her. Goodness gracious... I doubt he could ever stop staring at her. Cute kid, but you could do better with decency please? </endrant>

Oh it's all for the fanboys? Pfft... Gamefreak, you and your ways to make revenues...

This battle is actually pretty easy. In fact, this is probably the easiest you can get at this point in game. Flying Pokemon in general are weak to Electric, Ice, and Rock moves, so if you have any of that, you are golden. Or just catch a Zebstrika in the route to the east of Mistralton City if you have not already and you are set.

528t.png

Swoobat Lv. 33

PSYCHIC / FLYING

Ability: Unaware

Amnesia/Assurance/Heart Stamp/Acrobatics

Yeah, they can get original with concepts... with a bat with a heart shaped nose whose name rhymes with Zubat. Yeah real smooth Gamefreak. Anyways, this is a Psychic / Flying Pokemon, which gives her several weaknesses, such as Electric, Ice, Rock, Ghost, and Dark attacks. You still got Krokorok or something? Good, Crunch it to death. You may want to keep your Fighters away thanks to that quad resistance to Fighting and its insane attack Acrobatics. This move basically doubles in power when the user is not holding an item, so look at Swoobat, who gets STAB. That's 165 base power attack right there! If you've fought all trainers in Chargestone Cave, you probably remember that guy with the Archen who had Acrobatics (unless you OHKOd it). That thing did 100 + damage to my Serperior! Yikes! Amnesia doubles her Special Defence, Heart Stamp is her other STAB move that is Psychic type, but can cause flinching. Then there is Assurance, a Dark type move. I assume it is in case you get the wise idea of using a Litwick, a Ghost type Pokemon who should have an advantage against Swoobat.

Emboar wouldn't see much use against this thing, and Acrobatics or Heart Stamp can hurt. Fire/Fighting isn't very advantageous against Swoobat, except this thing doesn't weigh too much. Bright idea? Certainly. Hello Heat Crash! A base 180 power attack (counting STAB) which gets further boosted with Blaze? Yes please! The only thing stopping you aside from Emboar's inconvenient typing against Swoobat is if you get flinch haxxed by Heart Stamp or something.

Samurott can handle Swoobat due to its hard hitting attacks. Swoobat doesn't have great stats asides from Speed, so a well placed STAB Surf should be like an OHKO or 2HKO. Amnesia is annoying, but that's where Razor Shell comes in handy.

Serperior is inconvenienced here too with its Grass typing, and STAB Acrobatics will hurt like a truck. But we can set up right? Sorry, Swoobat's ability Unaware says hi. Basically, this ability ignores ALL Attack and Defence (even Special) boosts that were set up by the opponent. Yeah, Acrobatics will hit Serperior just as hard at + 6 Def as no Def boost. Even a + 6 Return will do the same damage as a normal Return. Don't even bother and just switch to some Rock Pokemon or something.

spr5b521f.png

Unfezant Lv. 33

NORMAL / FLYING

Ability: Big Pecks

Leer/Quick Attack/Air Slash/Razor Wind

If you are wondering why your Unfezant looks like a cricket killer with a hot pink mask and hers does not, it's because Skyla hacked and got this awesome special event Unfezant that does not exist elsewhere in game. I'm kidding, it's just the female variant. I personally do like the female variant better than the male, but it's all personal preference. Apparently, the females are more adept at flying than males are. I suppose that mask really is heavy. This thing is not even remarkable so I shouldn't even write anything about it. Big Pecks is an ability that prevents the bearer's Defence from lowering, so don't try anything like Leer or Screech or Rock Smash. Leer as you already know lowers Defence. Quick Attack is priority attack but it gets STAB on Unfezant, Air Slash is a STAB Flying move that can hurt your fighters, but not too much since Unfezant's Special Attack rating is poor. Razor Wind is a useless move and I still have NO idea why it still exists. Basically, that thing gives you a free turn to do whatever you want, because it requires charge up for a mere 80 base Special attack that "may" cause flinching. Not worth a moveslot... and Skyla should have known that if she wasn't so airheaded. I suppose it is pretty cool graphical effects though and a nice name, but Gamefreak failed to buff this move up to something like 140 or something to at least make the option seem appealing. Ooh look at me digressing again. Just use an Electric or a Rock Pokemon and Unfezant should go down quickly. Even Vanillish with its incredible Ice Beam should work.

Emboar would normally struggle against birds, but Air Slash will only do so much (except for that nasty flinch rate and being super effective). If you explored Mistralton Cave (which is nearer to Driftveil City than Mistralton for some reason), you should have obtained TM80 for Rock Slide. You can teach that to Emboar and dominate Unfezant.

Samurott also possesses little trouble, as it will hit harder with Water Pulse or Razor Shell at Unfezant than whatever Unfezant has to offer against Samurott.

Serperior isn't doing much, but you can still set up a few Coils I suppose, except Air Slash is a SPECIAL move, so you won't take reduced damage from that and it is still super effective. After that smack it around with Return, as Leaf Blade is resisted.

581.png

Swanna Lv. 35

WATER / FLYING

Ability: Keen Eye

Aqua Ring/Aerial Ace/Bubblebeam/Air Slash

Oh and here comes the beautiful Swanna with her widespread wings. Personally I really love this thing... I guess I like birds in general. Being Water/Flying, this thing has a quadruple weakness to Electric attacks, so like, Zebstrika will eat this swan for dinner. Keen Eyes prevents accuracy lowering, so if your usual tactic is to spam Sand-Attack and hope it works, well, it won't work here. You have seen Aqua Ring on Clay's Palpitoad before and it gradually heals Swanna every turn. Aerial Ace never misses and is STAB on Swanna so it is 90 as opposed to usual 60. So if your plan is to Double Team, that won't work either. Bubblebeam is the Water STAB move, so it is around 98 base power and has a chance to lower Speed. Air Slash on Swanna is much more powerful than Unfezant's, so it can spell trouble, not to mention the flinch rate.

Emboar is at a huge disadvantage thanks to its typing. Beware of Swanna's Water and Flying STAB, as they will do a number to Emboar. Swanna's defences are meager however, so you can still hurt it. However, Swanna resists both of Emboar's STAB moves, so it is best to leave it out of this one.

Samurott cannot really use its STAB Water moves here because Swanna resists it, while Swanna's Air Slash can hurt. If you have Return or something, that should work well enough, but heal up if Samurott's health is in danger.

Serperior will hate Swanna's Flying STAB, but if you set up prior to Swanna coming in, a boosted Leaf Blade is enough to OHKO because Swanna does not resist Grass owing to its part Water typing. Otherwise, this can prove tough with Swanna's special Air Slash which Coil does not help reduce the impact of.

If you don't think your starter can handle this, I've already stated Zebstrika as an alternative. Even Boldore should work, provided that it has FULL HP. Save Boldore for last or heal it up or something so that its ability Sturdy can take effect, which is basically "survive a fatal hit with 1 HP if user had full HP beforehand". While Swanna's Bubblebeam will not OHKO thanks to Sturdy, Boldore's Rock Slide WILL, provided you are leveled high enough and... if it hits. I would leave Fighters out of this, but Gurdurr learns Rock Slide at level 33, and if lives the impact, it should retaliate for major damage.

Once you defeated Skyla, you get TM62, which is Acrobatics. Wow, and only one Pokemon in this gym used it! It's a very powerful move that doubles in power (55-->110) if the user is holding no items. I tried teaching it to my own Unfezant only to realise she could not learn it. I felt trolled.

VSBrycen.png

Brycen

Reward:

4680 P

TM79 Frost Breath

I got really tired and disappointed with this gym... because everyone and their mother were using Cubchoo and the likes! Well, to be fair, Unova only has three families of non-legendary Ice Pokemon, but still... it was ridiculous. Brycen also does not seem to play much of an important role in the storyline either. However, he's supposed to be a covert retired actor, so that somewhat explains his cold exterior and the "man of few words" role he plays. Ultimately, Ice is an awesome offensive typing, but defensively, they only resist their own typing, and are weak to Fire, Fighting, Rock, and Steel attacks. That's basically almost all the Pokemon you have seen so far and one or more should invariably be in your party at this point.

583.png

Vanillish Lv.37

ICE

Ability: Ice Body

Acid Armor/Astonish/Mirror Shot/Frost Breath

Yay it's that cute little Ice Cream! He has quite a bit of special attack, so he will hurt anything that is weak to Ice or even neutral to it. Acid Armor DOUBLES his Defence, making him harder to break in than usual. Astonish is a weak move that has 30% chance of causing flinch, but this thing is not fast so I don't know why he has that. Mirror Shot is a Steel type attack which hurts Rock Pokemon for super effective damage I guess. Beware because it can also reduce accuracy if it hits, but it is fairly inaccurate itself. Then there is Frost Breath, his STAB move, which will ALWAYS cause Critical hit! That's 120 base attack right there... though it won't pierce through cases that make it impossible to have a critical hit such as Battle Armour or Shell Armour Pokemon.

Why do you even need me to describe what Emboar needs to do? Just hit him hard with your STAB Flamethrower or something. Emboar's dual STAB hits Ice types super effectively and that's all you need.

Samurott resists anything Vanillish has to offer except Astonish, which is weak anyways, and hit back with STAB Surf. If you have Revenge it will hit Vanillish for super effective damage, albeit having negative priority.

Serperior on the other hand, will not like this battle. You can attempt to set up Coils or just plain out attack with Leaf Blade, but Vanillish's Frost Breath is too strong. I'd sit out of this whole battle actually as it is just screaming murder on the grass serpent.

If you have a Fighter, they will make a short work of Vanillish. Boldore will also perform wonderfully with its STAB Rock attacks. Your own Vanillish with Flash Cannon which you may have found on Twist Mountain is very useful too. If you are training Litwick its Flame Burst will perform decently. However, it is weak to Astonish. Maybe that is what it is for :/

615u.png

Cryogonal Lv. 37

ICE

Ability: Levitate

Reflect/Rapid Spin/Aurora Beam/Frost Breath

Cryogonal is one weird customer. It's mega rare and the concept itself is very bizarre. It is really fast with a base 105 speed, making it a perfect revenge killer against certain dragons. It has insane Special Defence that it will sponge Litwick's Flame Burst as if it is nothing. However, it has pitiful physical Defence, which is 35, so a Wurmple's Tackle will OHKO. </exaggeration> Don't bother using Ground attacks because of Levitate, which makes it immune to Ground attacks. I guess Reflect is there to help cope with its pitiful Defence. I have no clue why Rapid Spin is even there, but if it is there in hopes of ridding a potential Stealth Rocks it's of little use. But then again, it also gets rid of Leech Seed. Aurora Beam is STAB that has a chance of reducing Attack by 1 stage. But... I think it will most likely end up using Frost Breath more for 90% chance of critical hit (because of its 90% accuracy). Thank God it does not have Recover.

Emboar has this battle nice and simple. Use a simple Arm Thrust and get it over with.

Samurott can use Revenge for super effective damage, and Cryogonal's attacks are resisted. Reflect will get annoying, as Cryogonal is faster and will provide support for the other Pokemon, but Cryogonal in itself is no threat. If you do not have Revenge, use some other physical attack like Razor Shell or something. Cryogonal WILL sponge Surf.

Serperior can hurt it with STAB Leaf Blade, but then again, Cryogonal's Frost Breath will deal huge numbers. I would stay out of this one too.

Fighters and Rock Pokemon in general are very effective here. Your Gurdurr, Boldore, Darmanitan or Scrafty or something of that sort should work. Just don't do something ridiculous like Power Gem and you are set. Litwick may eventually beat it, but Cryogonal takes lol damage from Flame Burst despite being super effective.

614t.png

Beartic Lv. 39

ICE

Ability: Snow Cloak

Swagger/Brine/Slash/Icicle Crash

Last but not least is the giant polar bear we know as Beartic. He is quite slow but is amazingly powerful and quite bulky boasting 95/80/80 defences. However, being an Ice type, he does not have many resistances and has four crippling weaknesses. Swagger is downright annoying because it will confuse you and you will hurt yourself even more if you hit yourself in confusion due to the attack boost. Brine is funny because his Special Attack is not very good, but it provides a needed coverage against Fire Pokemon and will double in power if your Pokemon is below 50% of its health. Slash is something you have seen on Excadrill and it is a fairly mediocre Normal attack with high critical hit ratio. Icicle Crash, however, is very powerful coming off of Beartic, and if your Pokemon does not resist that, it spells doom.

Emboar may be weak to Brine, but it will not be significant unless Emboar is below 50% HP. With STAB Flamethrower you should be able to take the polar bear down one on one. Beware of Swagger however.

Samurott essentially resists anything Beartic has to offer, bar Slash, but Revenge is super effective and STAB Surf should do plenty of damage. As usual, Swagger is a nuisance, but Samurott should be able to deal with Beartic more often than not.

Serperior should... just crawl back to the tree. This bear will wrangle the serpent very badly with STAB Icicle Crash. Overall, just avoid it at all costs.

As usual, Fighters are key here due to their effectiveness against Beartic. Boldore would work except it is slower than Beartic and will get 2HKOd by Brine. If you have a Vanillish, use Flash Cannon from the TM92 you may have found from Twist Mountain. A Steel Pokemon like Klang with STAB Gear Grind should work very well too.

Overall, this battle is not too stressful and you should now have your 7th badge! The TM you receive is TM79, which contains Frost Breath. It is a 90% accurate move that will always cause a critical hit. It is a nice prize for your Ice Pokemon, such as Vanillish or Cubchoo.

The Eighth Gym Leader depends on which version you possess: Black or White

If you are playing Black version:

VSDrayden.png

Drayden

Reward:

5160 P

TM82 Dragon Tail

This gym was interesting... except everybody had the same three species of Pokemon or something. That's because there is little dragons in Unova... just like the Ice Pokemon. Anyways, here is the Spartan Mayor of this town, Drayden, with his amazing Dragon Pokemon! What marvels lie ahead as our hero rushes to earn his eighth badge? Okay I'll stop with the corny lines for now... first off, note that Dragons are weak to Ice attacks and Dragon attacks. Yes, they are weak to their own attacks. The only Pokemon to resist Dragon attacks are Steel Pokemon. If you have the super rare Cryogonal, it will outspeed all of these guys and can Ice Beam all three to death. Without further ado... here we are.

Drayden/Iris: Hidden threat to the team: Cryogonal. With a 105 Speed stat, you can outrun Haxorus and slip in an Ice Beam from a Special Attack stat of 95. Failing that, if it's Winter, you can catch Beartic in the Double Grass outside the Dragonspiral Tower. If you can get it up to Level 40 before fighting the leader, you should be able to handle their Pokemon.

611.png

Fraxure Lv. 41

DRAGON

Ability: Mold Breaker

Dragon Dance/Dragon Rage/Assurance/Dragon Tail

Oh Fraxure... yeah this guy again. We see him all over this gym, so he shouldn't be anything new. However, every Fraxure I met outsped my Vanillish and dealt around 57% damage with Dragon Claw while it was holding an Eviolite! You know how scarily powerful this thing is? But regardless, all of them fell to a single Ice Beam because they are not too defensively oriented. Rest assured, they are scary powerful if they land a hit on you. His ability Mold Breaker allows him to hit through things DISREGARDING abilities. That means an Earthquake straight from this guy will hit somebody with Levitate! That's scary, isn't it? Anyways, Dragon Dance is a scary boosting attack that raises both the user's attack and speed simultaneously. Jelly Serperior? I have no idea why this thing has Dragon Rage, but it is a move that will ALWAYS do 40 damage, which is pretty pointless at this point of the game. Assurance isn't too strong alone, but if you took damage prior to Fraxure attacking you (residual damage), it will double in damage... which won't happen so don't worry about it. Sandstorm is not raging, nor is it hailing nor are Stealth Rocks set on the field. Finally, there is Dragon Tail. After a couple of Dragon Dances, that thing will get scary, but basically, it will attack you and will force you to switch Pokemon, kind of like Roar that does damage. FORTUNATELY, it has a negative priority, which means it will attack before you, so all that Dragon Dancing was for naught. What a waste... should have been Dragon Claw to have been faster.

Emboar can just plain out attack Fraxure... nothing too bad. Fighting STAB might be better, such as Hammer Arm or Brick Break because Fraxure is resistant to Fire.

Samurott can strike hard too with Megahorn or something. You can even teach it Blizzard with TM14 from Icirrus City, but it is inaccurate.

Serperior can go the usual strategy to continually set up Coil as Fraxure sets up Dragon Dances, but watch out; do not set up TOO much because that troll will use Dragon Tail to force you to switch out, removing all the acquired boosts. Set up like 2 times or something to be safe, and hit it hard with Return.

You can just use your own Fraxure and Dragon Claw it. I mean, the only super effective attack this Fraxure has is Dragon Tail, which will go last anyways, so you might as well. Or just use your Vanillish or something. All will work. Keep in mind Fraxure is rather frail so any hard hitting attacks will deal major damage.

621q.png

Druddigon Lv. 41

DRAGON

Ability: Rough Skin

Revenge/Chip Away/Night Slash/Dragon Tail

Only difference between Iris's Druddigon and Drayden's is that Drayden's is male and his possesses Rough Skin as opposed to Sheer Force. Rough Skin is better for this situation because Druddigon's moveset does not even have anything that can abuse it. Rough Skin deals 12.5% damage to your Pokemon if it uses a contact move, such as Tackle (not like you use Tackle at this point...). Anyways... what a Pokemon. This one is weird. He has bulk, some power, but he is rather slow. And his design looks like he was drawn by some 9 year old kid. He is supposed to represent a gargoyle... but I feel they could have done better. Anyways, personal matters aside, his attacks can be brutal. Revenge is a fighting move that will deal double damage if you attack the user on the same turn, making it effectively 120 base power if it is. Chip Away isn't too powerful in itself, but it ignores any defence boosts the foe acquired. Night Slash is a Dark type Slash so it also has a high critical hit ratio. Last but not least, STAB Dragon Tail, which you all know what it does.

Emboar's brute force won't be too effective on this guy because most of its attacks are contact moves, making it take residual damage from Rough Skin. Not only that but STAB Fire is resisted, making stuff like Return or Hammer Arm the only options. You can still try, but heal up when low in health. Watch out for that Dragon Tail; it's really annoying.

Samurott can fire a Blizzard and pray it doesn't miss. Otherwise, resort to Megahorn and stuff, but Rough Skin and Dragon Tail is of annoyance.

If you set up prior to Druddigon's arrival, Serperior's + 2 Return is a clean 2HKO... usually. If not, Druddigon is troublesome.

I would actually suggest you using an Ice Pokemon or something. I don't believe Fraxure's Dragon Claw will actually OHKO Druddigon unless significantly overleveled or an Haxorus... but it is still a last resort thing. Vanillish's Ice Beam should do a lot, if not OHKO Druddigon, but Revenge is a pain. For the most part, try to attack Druddigon with an attack that does not cause contact. Physical or special won't matter because Druddigon is equally bulky on both sides.

612fp.png

Haxorus Lv. 43

DRAGON

Dragon Dance/Slash/Assurance/Dragon Tail

Now here is that monster everybody dreads. O NO IT'S HAXORUS! ... wait level 43? Doesn't Fraxure evolve at 48? So hackers did not die out since Lance's time! Anyways, this beast has an unparalleled base attack score of 147, which is plenty strong to punch holes. He's not too slow either, and he is not too fragile too! Mold Breaker as usual is scary, and his moves are the same as Fraxure's... except the useless Dragon Rage is replaced with Slash. But this threat is legit here, because after a couple of Dragon Dances, Haxorus might be nigh unstoppable, had it not been for Dragon Tail's negative priority. He really should have sticked with Dragon Claw instead. I think the Dragon Dances here are just for a fear factor; with a negative priority STAB move like Dragon Tail, it is not too effective.

Emboar might as well just keep striking him with STAB Fighting attacks and Haxorus is 3HKOd or something. Beware of Dragon Tail.

Samurott used Blizzard! It's super effective! Haxorus fainted!

*note: not guaranteed due to 70% accuracy

Serperior, with adequate set up, will 2HKO Haxorus with a Return. In fact, do that if you haven't already. Haxorus will attempt to set up with Dragon Dance, but Slash will not do too much damage without critical hit because of Coil's Defence boost.

If you have your own Fraxure, feel free to total this haxxed Haxorus (see what I did thar?) with STAB Dragon Claw. Vanillish, Beartic, etc all have STAB Ice moves to utilise. Steel Pokemon like Klingklang and stuff all wall this guy and can set up on him and use things like Gear Grind or whatever they have to offer.

There we are with the last gym battle, and off to the league! Your prize is TM82, Dragon Tail. Of course... in game it is not too useful due to its negative priority, but it is a very useful utility attack you can use in competitive battling. It is also fun in-game though shuffling around your foes, provided you laid out Stealth Rocks or Spikes and the Pokemon using it is bulky enough.

If you are playing White version:

VSIris.png

Iris

Reward:

5160 P

TM82 Dragon Tail

This gym was interesting... except everybody had the same three species of Pokemon or something. That's because there is little dragons in Unova... just like the Ice Pokemon. Anyways, here is that girl we see in the anime, Iris, with her amazing Dragon Pokemon! Wait... wasn't she the one with an Axew? How the heck did they evolve so quickly? Whatever... this is the game, nobody cares about that! What marvels lie ahead as our hero rushes to earn his eighth badge? Okay I'll stop with the corny lines for now... first off, note that Dragons are weak to Ice attacks and Dragon attacks. Yes, they are weak to their own attacks. The only Pokemon to resist Dragon attacks are Steel Pokemon. If you have the super rare Cryogonal, it will outspeed all of these guys and can Ice Beam all three to death. Without further ado... here we are.

Drayden/Iris: Hidden threat to the team: Cryogonal. With a 105 Speed stat, you can outrun Haxorus and slip in an Ice Beam from a Special Attack stat of 95. Failing that, if it's Winter, you can catch Beartic in the Double Grass outside the Dragonspiral Tower. If you can get it up to Level 40 before fighting the leader, you should be able to handle their Pokemon.

611.png

Fraxure Lv. 41

DRAGON

Dragon Dance/Dragon Rage/Assurance/Dragon Tail

Oh Fraxure... yeah this girl again. We see her all over this gym, so she shouldn't be anything new. However, every Fraxure I met outsped my Vanillish and dealt around 57% damage with Dragon Claw while it was holding an Eviolite! You know how scarily powerful this thing is? But regardless, all of them fell to a single Ice Beam because they are not too defensively oriented. Rest assured, they are scary powerful if they land a hit on you. Her ability Mold Breaker allows her to hit through things DISREGARDING abilities. That means an Earthquake straight from this gal will hit somebody with Levitate! That's scary, isn't it? Anyways, Dragon Dance is a scary boosting attack that raises both the user's attack and speed simultaneously. Jelly Serperior? I have no idea why this thing has Dragon Rage, but it is a move that will ALWAYS do 40 damage, which is pretty pointless at this point of the game. Assurance isn't too strong alone, but if you took damage prior to Fraxure attacking you (residual damage), it will double in damage... which won't happen so don't worry about it. Sandstorm is not raging, nor is it hailing nor are Stealth Rocks set on the field. Finally, there is Dragon Tail. After a couple of Dragon Dances, that thing will get scary, but basically, it will attack you and will force you to switch Pokemon, kind of like Roar that does damage. FORTUNATELY, it has a negative priority, which means it will attack before you, so all that Dragon Dancing was for naught. What a waste... should have been Dragon Claw to have been faster.

Emboar can just plain out attack Fraxure... nothing too bad. Fighting STAB might be better, such as Hammer Arm or Brick Break because Fraxure is resistant to Fire.

Samurott can strike hard too with Megahorn or something. You can even teach it Blizzard with TM14 from Icirrus City, but it is inaccurate.

Serperior can go the usual strategy to continually set up Coil as Fraxure sets up Dragon Dances, but watch out; do not set up TOO much because that troll will use Dragon Tail to force you to switch out, removing all the acquired boosts. Set up like 2 times or something to be safe, and hit it hard with Return.

You can just use your own Fraxure and Dragon Claw it. I mean, the only super effective attack this Fraxure has is Dragon Tail, which will go last anyways, so you might as well. Or just use your Vanillish or something. All will work. Keep in mind Fraxure is rather frail so any hard hitting attacks will deal major damage.

621q.png

Druddigon Lv. 41

DRAGON

Ability: Sheer Force

Revenge/Chip Away/Night Slash/Dragon Tail

Only difference between Drayden's Druddigon and Iris's is that Iris's is female and hers possesses Sheer Force as opposed to Rough Skin, which is useless considering none of Druddigon's moves can abuse the ability. Anyways... what a Pokemon. This one is weird. She has bulk, some power, but she is rather slow. And her design looks like she was drawn by some 9 year old kid. She is supposed to represent a gargoyle... but I feel they could have done better. Anyways, personal matters aside, her attacks can be brutal. Revenge is a fighting move that will deal double damage if you attack the user on the same turn, making it effectively 120 base power if it is. Chip Away isn't too powerful in itself, but it ignores any defence boosts the foe acquired. Night Slash is a Dark type Slash so it also has a high critical hit ratio. Last but not least, STAB Dragon Tail, which you all know what it does.

Emboar's brute force won't be too effective on this gal because STAB Fire is resisted, making stuff like Return or Hammer Arm the only options. You can still try, but heal up when low in health. Watch out for that Dragon Tail; it's really annoying.

Samurott can fire a Blizzard and pray it doesn't miss. Otherwise, resort to Megahorn and stuff, but Dragon Tail is of annoyance.

If you set up prior to Druddigon's arrival, Serperior's + 2 Return is a clean 2HKO... usually. If not, Druddigon is troublesome.

I would actually suggest you using an Ice Pokemon or something. I don't believe Fraxure's Dragon Claw will actually OHKO Druddigon unless significantly overleveled or an Haxorus... but it is still a last resort thing. Vanillish's Ice Beam should do a lot, if not OHKO Druddigon, but Revenge is a pain. Physical or special won't matter because Druddigon is equally bulky on both sides.

612fp.png

Haxorus Lv. 43

DRAGON

Dragon Dance/Slash/Assurance/Dragon Tail

Now here is that monster everybody dreads. O NO IT'S HAXORUS! ... wait level 43? Doesn't Fraxure evolve at 48? So hackers did not die out since Lance's time! Anyways, this beast has an unparalleled base attack score of 147, which is plenty strong to punch holes. She's not too slow either, and she is not too fragile too! Mold Breaker as usual is scary, and her moves are the same as Fraxure's... except the useless Dragon Rage is replaced with Slash. But this threat is legit here, because after a couple of Dragon Dances, Haxorus might be nigh unstoppable, had it not been for Dragon Tail's negative priority. She really should have sticked with Dragon Claw instead. I think the Dragon Dances here are just for a fear factor; with a negative priority STAB move like Dragon Tail, it is not too effective.

Emboar might as well just keep striking her with STAB Fighting attacks and Haxorus is 3HKOd or something. Beware of Dragon Tail.

Samurott used Blizzard! It's super effective! Haxorus fainted!

*note: not guaranteed due to 70% accuracy

Serperior, with adequate set up, will 2HKO Haxorus with a Return. In fact, do that if you haven't already. Haxorus will attempt to set up with Dragon Dance, but Slash will not do too much damage without critical hit because of Coil's Defence boost.

If you have your own Fraxure, feel free to total this haxxed Haxorus (see what I did thar?) with STAB Dragon Claw. Vanillish, Beartic, etc all have STAB Ice moves to utilise. Steel Pokemon like Klingklang and stuff all wall this girl and can set up on her and use things like Gear Grind or whatever they have to offer.

There we are with the last gym battle, and off to the league! Your prize is TM82, Dragon Tail. Of course... in game it is not too useful due to its negative priority, but it is a very useful utility attack you can use in competitive battling. It is also fun in-game though shuffling around your foes, provided you laid out Stealth Rocks or Spikes and the Pokemon using it is bulky enough.

Edited by wraith89

[icon]162[/icon]Off to the League!

Note: You may fight the following four in ANY order you want. This is the order I went, but do whatever you please.

At this point in the game, you should not solely rely on your starter unless you are doing the one Pokemon run or something. So when I write this I won't be speaking for the starters for the most part.

You should have stocked up a good number of Full Restores, Full Heals, and some Revives. You may want to have a few Hyper Potions at hand as well.

VSMarshal.png

Marshal

Reward:

6000 P

Marshal specialises in Fighting Pokemon. Fighting Pokemon are specifically weak to Psychic and Flying attacks, and resist Bug, Dark, and Rock attacks. However, for this battle, I would suggest not using your bird Pokemon unless the foe is weakened beforehand because many of these Fighters carry a Rock attack which can severely damage if not faint your birds.

538e.png

Throh Lv. 48

FIGHTING

Ability: Guts

Stone Edge/Payback/Bulldoze/Storm Throw

Ugh... Throh. Personally I find this guy the most difficult one out of the four. He is very bulky and will most likely take a long time to take down. His attack power is also pretty high, so he will dish out a lot of damage too. Worst of all, his ability Guts means if you cripple him with a status, he will get stronger! Even burn status's effect of halving attack power will be ignored! Throh, however, is awfully slow, so your Pokemon will most likely strike before he does. Anyhow, Stone Edge is a base 100 power Rock type technique with a high critical hit ratio, which spells doom to your birds. Payback will double in damage if user goes last, which is very likely for Throh. It will effectively be a 100 base power Dark attack. This means Throh has both Flying and Psychic Pokemon covered. You should know what Bulldoze does by now. It's a Ground attack that will slow your Pokemon down. STAB Storm Throw is exclusive to Throh, and it is something like Frost Breath, as it will ALWAYS do a critical hit.

Personally, I used Gothitelle here as it was bulky enough to take a Payback and hit back with STAB Psychic, which was powerful enough for either a OHKO or 2HKO, I'm forgetting. Psychic Pokemon in general, such as Musharna or Reuniclus in this game are rather bulky, slow, yet powerful. In fact, if they are slower, you are at an advantage because Payback will not deal double damage making it a base 50 power attack against them (100 with super effective). A faster Psychic would otherwise take 200 base power Payback. I would watch out if you use Sigilyph because Stone Edge or Payback are painful. Unfezant will just get murdered :/

539h.png

Sawk Lv. 48

FIGHTING

Ability: Sturdy

Stone Edge/Karate Chop/Grass Knot/Retaliate

Sawk is the more offensive version of Throh, except less bulky. However, he is always guaranteed to survive a fatal hit thanks to Sturdy. That can get annoying really quickly, unless you have something like Sandstorm or Stealth Rocks set up. He is stronger and faster than Throh, but he does not take hits too well in comparison, so as opposed to that 3-4HKO you had on Throh, it will be a 2HKO on Sawk. Anyhow, this guy has Stone Edge yet again to nail fliers. His STAB Karate Chop is fairly weak though... that's a 75 base power move FACTORING STAB. However it does have that high critical hit ratio, so watch out. I have no idea why this guy is running Grass Knot, considering his special attack is pitiful. It does more damage if your Pokemon is heavy. Even if you are running a Samurott, do not fear that move. Well, maybe if you were using Boldore, but then again why are you using Boldore against Sawk? Lastly, we've all seen Retaliate before. If you knocked out someone, that thing will do double damage. However, Sawk does not get STAB from it so it is a 140 base power attack. It will still hurt somewhat.

Ghost Pokemon will do well here, as long as it is not Lampent. Golurk especially does well here because it walls whatever Sawk has barring Grass Knot, which isn't powerful coming from Sawk's Special Attack. Of course, do not forget Psychic Pokemon, but Sawk can hurt. Just try to hit him as hard as you can and he should go down in a few hits. If you are using Samurott don't use Megahorn because Fighters resist it. Use Surf instead... or you can trick him into using Grass Knot, use Encore, then switch to something like Lampent to gain EXP out of Sawk or something. Scald is also useful for causing a burn, which will not only deal residual damage but also halve Sawk's attack. Mind you it will not reduce Grass Knot's damage... but it will not be too powerful anyways. Both Emboar and Samurott can learn Scald, oddly enough for the former. While Serperior can technically turn him into a set up bait, do note that two of his attacks, Stone Edge and Karate Chop, has a high critical hit chance, so it may break through your defence boosts.

534s.png

Conkeldurr Lv. 48

FIGHTING

Ability: Sheer Force

Stone Edge/Hammer Arm/Retaliate/Grass Knot

This is the evolution of Gurdurr resulting from a trade evolution. Conkeldurr is a MONSTER. Remember Throh and Sawk? Take Throh's bulk and add Sawk's power and you get him. Well, Throh is SLIGHTLY bulkier, but Conkeldurr is MUCH more powerful than Sawk, sporting a base 140 attack! What is with this new Gen's power creep? Fortunately, he is pretty slow too, so you should almost always be able to land a first hit on him. Don't worry about his ability Sheer Force, because this Conkeldurr has no moves to take advantage of its effects. His moveset is almost exactly the same as Sawk's, except the weak Karate Chop is replaced with the more powerful Hammer Arm, which is twice the power as Karate Chop, but it reduces the user's speed when used. Eh well, Conkeldurr will not mind the speed drop at all because it is slow to begin with. Keep your fragile Pokemon out of here as he will tank hits like a pro and dish back some heavy damage. It's not even funny how they break these new Pokemon, but thankfully, he is not using his other dangerous ability, Guts! I still don't understand why Marshal likes sticking Grass Knot on these Pokemon... Conkeldurr's Special Attack is abysmal.

As usual, Ghosts like Golurk and Jellicent will do well here. You can even burn Conkeldurr because he does not have Guts to abuse. My Gothitelle was able to take down Conkeldurr with one Psychic. Actually, I think it was after I used Charge Beam on Throh, and then a Psychic was fatal. Either way, I am unsure, but Charge Beam is very helpful on a Psychic Pokemon to raise their special attack. Again, Psychics are your best friends, and keep your birds out in fear of Stone Edge, unless Conkeldurr was weakened beforehand.

620s.png

Mienshao Lv. 50

FIGHTING

Ability: Inner Focus

U-turn/Jump Kick/Rock Slide/Retaliate

Hm, this one is pretty Chinese looking, but still cool regardless. What is not cool is this guy is really fast and has Sawk's attack power. His special attack is not bad either; it is 95! You know Marshal, maybe Grass Knot would have served a better purpose under this one? Not your 55 special attack Conkeldurr or your... ugh, 30 special attack Sawk? Whatever the case, Mienshao is very frightening if you do not put a stop to him quickly. Remember Volt Switch? That move that made you constantly pull your hair? Eh he does not have it, but he has something similar called U-turn, which is a physical Bug type version of it. So yes, he has Psychic Pokemon covered, and if Mienshao is not sent last, he will annoyingly switch out. The chances are though, you would use Psychic, and if your Pokemon survived the impact, that Psychic will rip through another poor Fighter in Marshal's team! Jump Kick is his STAB move, but the thing is, its side effect can be easily exploited. Send out a Pokemon weak to Fighting on purpose, something like Boldore, and let it use Jump Kick. Switch out to a Ghost, and Mienshao will end up hurting himself instead due to the side effect of self damage if it misses. Naturally, it has 95% accuracy, so it still has a good 5% chance to miss. Rock Slide is weaker than Stone Edge, but it still hurts Flyers for super effective damage. However, Mienshao is fast, so he can take advantage of its flinch chance effect, which gets nasty. Of course, you know what Retaliate does.

As usual, send out a Ghost, preferably Golurk or Jellicent. Both of them wall this guy like no tomorrow. They are immune to two of his attacks and resist the other two, while Mienshao will take heavy damage from their STAB attacks. Psychics and Flying Pokemon will most likely OHKO Mienshao, provided Mienshao does not OHKO you first. I highly doubt U-turn or Rock Slide will OHKO, however, since they are relatively weak, especially without STAB. Mienshao is a glass cannon; he does not live through attacks easily, so hit him as hard as you can with your strong STAB attacks (as long as it is not resisted).

Congratulations! You have now mastered the ancient art of Karate! Here is your Black Belt and now show the world what you have learned today!

VSGrimsley.png

Grimsley

Reward:

6000 P

Grimsley... wow why does he remind me of some flamboyant version of Dracula so much? Anyhow, Grimsley, as his name suggests, specialises in Dark type Pokemon. They are immune to Psychic Pokemon, rip apart Ghosts easily, but are weak to Fighting and Bug attacks. Keep your Psychics and Ghosts away; they will get slaughtered. Most Dark moves rely on deceit or some unconventional strategy to take down foes. Remember Pursuit or Sucker Punch? Yeah. Emboar is going to love this battle. Your Samurott still has Megahorn? Good, let us do some justice!

spr5b560.png

Scrafty Lv. 48

DARK / FIGHTING

Ability: Moxie

Sand-Attack/Crunch/Poison Jab/Brick Break

Gangsta lizard is here! He's got some punk attitude too because he isn't going down easily. Nuh uh, not with his 115/115 defences! Yes seriously, he's actually quite bulky. His HP is not too high though, so that is easily exploitable. Sand-Attack is annoying because this guy is so punk he decides he will play unfairly, lowering your accuracy. Poison Jab is fairly powerful and has a chance to poison. Crunch with STAB will hurt, and lowers your defence sometimes. Then there is Brick Break, a move that will destroy walls like Reflect and Light Screen, so do not bother with that strategy against Scrafty, as he intends to destroy it. Anyhow, Dark + Fighting STAB is a ridiculous combination, because nothing except Heracross, Croagunk and Toxicroak resist that combination, and these three are not even in this game at this point. However, Scrafty has weaknesses to Flying and Fighting moves. Beware though, if Scrafty KOs one of your Pokemon, the ability Moxie activates, which will raise his attack power by 1 stage. You do NOT want that!

Serperior can actually use Scrafty to set up with Coil. Although Poison Jab is super effective and has a chance of poisoning, you can heal up with Full Restores and if you want toss a Leech Seed before attempting to set up. Don't worry about Sand-Attack as Coil will negate any attempts of accuracy reduction. If you're all set up, Serperior will destroy everything in this battle... except for Bisharp. Emboar worries about nothing and can use Hammer Arm, while Samurott just needs to hit hard with STAB Surf or even Revenge. Your Fighters have very little to worry about here too because most are bulky enough to take quite a lot of hits from Scrafty and hit back with their STAB Fighting attacks. If you have a Swanna with Keen Eye, Sand-Attack will have no effect while STAB Air Slash and the likes will most likely 2HKO Scrafty.

553d.png

Krookodile Lv. 48

GROUND / DARK

Crunch/Dragon Claw/Foul Play/Earthquake

Hm what's this? A female Pokemon? Yep, apparently Grimsley's other Pokemon are all females. Strange... I wonder if that tells us anything about him. Gangsta lizard is not complete without Gangsta Croc! Intimidate will put your physical attackers in a bad spot due to it dropping your attack score. STAB Crunch can lower defence and is powerful on Krookodile. Dragon Claw hits a lot of targets for neutral damage, but most importantly, will damage your dragons like Haxorus for super-effective damage. Ooh wow, look at that move Foul Play. The name speaks for itself about the nature of Dark typed attacks. This thing will basically take YOUR attack score instead of Krookodile's to attack. Well, I find that counter-intuitive with Intimidate, unless you are a + 5 Serperior or something, but then Krookodile will have to deal with the + 6 Defence. Lastly, there is STAB Earthquake, the most powerful Ground move there is.

You see, Emboar would have this battle had it not been for Earthquake and the fact Krookodile is faster. However, if you charged up with Flame Charge or X-Speed on Scrafty beforehand, Emboar has the upper hand here and can use STAB Fighting attacks to wrangle the crocodile. Samurott and Serperior should have absolutely no problems here and can hit her hard with a super effective STAB move or even a super effective Megahorn in Samurott's case, whichever you prefer. Ice Pokemon like Vanillish with Ice Beam will rip Krookodile apart, and Fighters like Conkeldurr resist STAB Dark. Krookodile is not too bulky and can go down in one or two hits.

510a.png

Liepard Lv. 48

DARK

Ability: Limber

Fake Out/Attract/Aerial Ace/Night Slash

Oh Liepard. We've seen this one a couple of times during our battles with Team Plasma, yes? She is not too tough, very fragile, and does not hit too hard. Fake Out proves to be a nuisance, as it hits first and will cause flinching. Attract, however, is what will get really annoying unless your Pokemon are female (thankfully mine were!). Aerial Ace never misses, but a 60 base power attack is rather paltry and is only there to hit Fighting and Bug Pokemon for super-effective damage. Okay, I guess that's smart, but it will still do little damage. Lastly, Night Slash is her STAB attack and has a high critical hit ratio.

Fighters and Emboar and the likes will do well here, but Attract can be a nuisance, and due to Liepard's incredible speed, she can get free hits on your Pokemon with Fake Out and if infatuation continues on your dim-witted Fighters. Otherwise, a well-placed hit in general should take down the kitty cat with little problems. A set up Serperior is going to OHKO regardless, and Samurott's Megahorn will put that kitty in a coma. Trying to put her high speed to rest by paralysis? Too bad, Limber says no way.

625.png

Bisharp Lv. 50

DARK / STEEL

Ability: Defiant

X-Scissor/Night Slash/Metal Claw/Aerial Ace

Lastly we have this... erm... Kamen Rider Pokemon that appears to resemble a dark version of Gallade. ... wait what? This guy evolves from Pawniard at Level 52! Grimsley you hacker!!! So here is Bisharp... and a FEMALE one while we're at it. Come on Grimsley... Bisharps are much more masculine than feminine! Anyways, this thing has an interesting typing of Dark / Steel, buying it many resistances. She also has a high Attack and Defence score, so she will be painful. Rest assured, that X-Scissor will hurt many things like Grass, Psychic, and Dark Pokemon for super-effective damage. STAB Night Slash will assure that your Ghosts will not come back from the dead. STAB Metal Claw is fairly weak, but has a nasty chance to raise Bisharp's Attack score. Lastly there is Aerial Ace for coverage against Fighters and Bugs. Watch out for her ability Defiant: if you lower one his stats, his ATTACK score will DOUBLE. That is NEVER good news.

Emboar's typing is MUCH too convenient because both Fire and Fighting STAB will decimate Bisharp. She is more weak to Fighting than Fire though (quad weakness in fact!), but do as you please. Also, her special defence is lower than her physical defence, so take advantage of that if you can. Samurott won't do too badly here if you continue to abuse STAB Surf or run Scald for that nasty chance of burn. Even though Serperior is all set up, + 6 Leaf Blade will not OHKO Bisharp while Bisharp has super-effective X-Scissor. However, Serperior should come out on top barring critical hits from the wrong end. Remember to use your Fighters here due to Bisharp's 4x weakness. Darmanitan will also char Bisharp readily, and Ground Pokemon like Excadrill will ground Bisharp with a well placed Earthquake.

With this dracula-esque effeminate roulette-rolling gambler from a well-to-do-family out of the way, you have fought your way against the Darkness! Time to see some light!

VSCaitlin.png

Caitlin

Reward:

6000 P

If you have played Pokemon Platinum, yes, this is the same Caitlin from the Battle Frontier. I didn't like most of the Battle Frontier people anyways, but Caitlin is pretty cute... though very impatient. Wow, will you look at that long hair? Good luck to the people who are trying to cosplay her; that hair is just unnatural. Anyhow, enough about this one. I guess I just like to comment after seeing Elesa and Skyla. Caitlin runs Psychic Pokemon, and they are weak to Bug, Ghost and Dark attacks. If you have any of those Pokemon, use them! Keep your Fighters out however, as Psychics will do major damage to Fighting and Poison Pokemon. That means you Emboar users should stick with another Pokemon.

579s.png

Reuniclus Lv. 48

PSYCHIC

Ability: Magic Guard

Energy Ball/Thunder/Focus Blast/Psychic

Reuniclus is a very interesting Pokemon. And yes, this Pokemon is another example of a power creep. Remember how you would give an exceptionally amazing ability such as Magic Guard to an otherwise mediocre Pokemon such as Clefable? Magic Guard prevents ALL indirect damage, such as entry hazards like Stealth Rocks or bad weather like Sandstorm or Toxic damage. That is pretty broken. But now what if we took that ability, placed it on a Pokemon that looked like it was designed by some 9 year old American kid with a ridiculously high special attack and amazing bulk, give it a recovery move, give it a set up move, and call it a day? That's what Reuniclus is; it's a pain for stall teams and will not go down easily. As suggested, don't bother using Toxic or Leech Seed because it will have absolutely no effect on her! Energy Ball is a decently powerful Grass attack that can lower Special Defence. Thunder is inaccurate, but it will become 100% accurate in the rain, has 120 base power and has 30% chance of paralysis. Focus Blast is the same as Thunder; it is 120 base power with 70% accuracy, but will not get 100% accuracy in rain and has a chance of lowering Special Defence. It is a Fighting type move and will severely injure your Dark type Pokemon, if not OHKOing. Lastly, there is STAB Psychic, which is painful for anyone that is not a Dark type... well, but then there is Focus Blast for that. This Pokemon is a total jerk. She's cute, but still very mean.

Samurott's Megahorn will most likely 2HKO or even OHKO if you are powerful enough, but Reuniclus's Energy Ball or Thunder will severely damage Samurott, so pray that Thunder misses. Since Serperior resists both Energy Ball and Thunder and is not weak to either Focus Blast or Psychic, Reuniclus is a potential Coil set up bait. However, Reuniclus is using exclusively special attacks, so there is no damage reduction. Also, STAB Psychic hurts, and do NOT use Leech Seed because that is just wasting a turn thanks to Magic Guard. A Ghost such as Lampent can 2HKO with Shadow Ball, while Chandelure would most likely OHKO. Golurk and Jellicent also work well, but Golurk has to watch out for Energy Ball and Jellicent has to watch out for that and Thunder. Leavanny can use X-Scissor and resists three of Reuniclus's attacks. However, they will defeat Reuniclus before Reuniclus can. Fortunately, this Reuniclus is not abusing Calm Mind nor Recover, so wear her down with your strongest super-effective attacks.

518u.png

Musharna Lv. 48

PSYCHIC

Ability: Synchronise

Reflect/Charge Beam/Shadow Ball/Psychic

Hey haven't we seen Bianca use this Pokemon before? Yes, yes we did. It is essentially a weaker version of Reuniclus and without that nasty ability Magic Guard. However, she does sport Synchronise, which means if you put her under a status condition like burn or poison, your Pokemon will get inflicted too! That is quite nasty, but you can avoid that if your Pokemon is naturally immune to the condition such as Fire Pokemon being immune to Burn. Do keep in mind that Musharna still has a high special attack rating and very bulky in general. She is VERY slow so you will almost always attack first. Reflect will halve physical blows, so that will become quickly annoying. Charge Beam is an interesting move that has a high chance of raising the user's special attack (63% factoring in the 90% accuracy). I suppose Shadow Ball is there to hit your Ghost Pokemon for super-effective damage, as well as other Psychics. Lastly there is always STAB Psychic to abuse that powerful special attack.

First off, you don't want to let her set up Charge Beam. That being said, Krookodile is the perfect counter. It is immune to Charge Beam and Psychic, resists Shadow Ball, and can hit back with STAB Crunch. Samurott's Megahorn is always helpful here, and Charge Beam is weak anyways so don't worry about its super effective damage. If Serperior was able to set up before, Leaf Blade is a total killer. Otherwise, this one can be a great set up bait too, but then again, that thing can also set up against you with Charge Beam + Psychic combo. Reflect will ensure that your Leaf Blade does half damage. Thankfully, no Focus Blast here so Dark Pokemon are your best friends here. Ghosts will have to watch out for Shadow Balls, especially if boosted. But even so, your Ghosts will probably KO Musharna before Musharna can KO your Ghosts.

spr5b561.png

Sigilyph Lv. 48

PSYCHIC / FLYING

Ability: Wonder Skin

Shadow Ball/Ice Beam/Air Slash/Psychic

Weird... Kachina Doll thing from the desert that stares into your soul... what is this thing? And why does it even have a gender? Totally NOT based off the Illuminati all seeing eye, just like how the Unova map is not based off the Eye of Providence, eh? This one is part Flying, as her sprite indicates, so Ice and Rock attacks will hit her for super effective damage. Wonder Skin allows Sigilyph to evade crippling moves like Thunder Wave or Toxic half the time, but I wonder why Caitlin did not settle for a Magic Guard version, which completely outclasses this ability? Whatever. Shadow Ball is there to cover Psychics and Ghosts, Ice Beam has nice coverage regardless, hurting your Dragons, Grassers, Ground, and Flying Pokemon. Yikes! Air Slash is her secondary STAB and if that's not a reason to keep your Fighters away, STAB Psychic is. Air Slash will also hurt your Bug Pokemon too, especially Leavanny and the likes.

I hope you set up already on Serperior because this thing certainly won't allow you to set up on her, especially with Air Slash and Ice Beam under her wings. If you did, a swift Return will KO after a significant amount of boosts. Samurott can use Blizzard and hope it hits. Dark Pokemon in general would work, but Scrafty is weak to Air Slash while Krookodile loathes Ice Beam. Ghosts are also another option, as Jellicent and Chandelure has STAB Shadow Ball. However, Sigilyph is quite fast, and her Shadow Ball can still hurt. Hope you lower her special defence and get it to low HP, so that Caitlin can attempt a Full Restore while you go for a KO. If all else fails, there are Pokemon like Gigalith or Vanilluxe with their STAB Rock or Ice attacks, which should be enough. Zebstrika has STAB Electric attacks to abuse as well, so you can exploit Sigilyph's Flying type weaknesses.

576i.png

Gothitelle Lv. 50

PSYCHIC

Ability: Frisk

Calm Mind/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Psychic

A Gothic Gardevoir? We just had an evil female Gallade before... what now? Oh whew, this one is NOT a trap and is actually female. She's pretty cool I think, and can be devastating if you do not have the right Pokemon. Unlike most Psychics, her Defence is pretty high at the base of 95, which allows her to survive physical hits. Don't worry about Frisk because it only tells Caitlin what item your Pokemon is holding, but the Artificial Intelligence does not even take that into consideration, hopefully. Calm Mind is a dangerous move here: it boosts Gothitelle's Special Attack and Special Defence by 1 stage, and if set up properly, she can tank any special hits and sweep your team! Thunderbolt seems pretty universal on most Psychics, and will hurt your Flyers or Water Pokemon. Shadow Ball... this again? Yeah, your Ghosts would hate to stomach that one. Lastly, there is always STAB Psychic.

Wait, no Focus Blast?! Sweet, come in Krookodile! Being immune to Thunderbolt and Psychic is beautiful, and Shadow Ball resistance is beautiful as well. Heh heh... hit her hard with STAB Crunch. Samurott can use Megahorn as usual for the 2HKO, but watch out for Thunderbolt. Fortunately, Gothitelle is pretty slow, so if both horns connect, Samurott wins the match. Serperior with a boosted Leaf Blade will OHKO, no questions asked. Chandelure and Golurk work well here too, except both need to watch out for Shadow Ball. Golurk is also immune to Thunderbolt.

So now you've won the mind game against princess Rapunzel. Congratulations! Victory is now at hand, and off you go as she gently lets down her hair and once again goes to sleep.

VSShauntal.png

Shauntal

Reward:

6000 P

Shauntal is a writer apparently as she always holds a book and a pen in her hands with those circular glasses. Ha. She looks a little geeky, but that's okay. I think she probably writes macabre stuff judging by her Ghost Pokemon. Whatever it is, Ghost Pokemon are downright scary. They are IMMUNE to Normal and Fighting attacks, but are weak to Ghost and Dark attacks. They will destroy your Psychic Pokemon easily with their Ghost attacks, so beware. They are also resistant to Bug and Poison attacks, so yeah, Samurott won't be spamming those Megahorns anymore.

spr5b563.png

Cofagrigus Lv. 48

GHOST

Ability: Mummy

Psychic/Will-o-Wisp/Shadow Ball/Grass Knot

Okay... Desukan... is a scary Pokemon. Do you even know what the Pokedex says about them?

Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.
These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life.
It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.
They pretend to be elaborate coffins to teach lessons to grave robbers. Their bodies are covered in pure gold.

COME ON Gamefreak! I thought this was supposed to be a "children's game" and you're telling me these things used to be human?! Well, if that's the case, this one was not King Tut since SHE is female. Mummy is a scary ability that will make you cry for your mummy, because if you come into contact with Cofagrigus, your Pokemon will lose their ability until they switch out. Psychic will hit your Fighters hard, Will-o-Wisp is a move that will guarantee a burn (provided that it hits), which will cripple your physical attackers, STAB Shadow Ball will wreck your Pokemon unless they resist it, and Grass Knot at least has its uses on this one because her Special Attack is actually strong. She has ridiculously high defence which will only be boosted with Will-o-Wisp. Talk about pain!

Best thing to do here is to use something specially based because Cofagrigus's Special Defence, although quite high, is not as high as her physical defence. Samurott actually has to watch out for Grass Knot, while Serperior set up can be potentially ruined with Will-o-Wisp, but you can use Full Restore after a couple of Coils, but STAB Shadow Ball can potentially lower its Special Defence and can result to 2HKO, making your boosts wasted. All I can suggest is using a special attacker like Vanilluxe with a couple of Ice Beam or something, or something with Shadow Ball or Crunch that isn't weak to anything Cofagrigus cannot burn Fire Pokemon like Darmanitan, so use that to your advantage.

spr5b593f.png

Jellicent Lv. 48

WATER / GHOST

Ability: Cursed Body

Shadow Ball/Surf/Energy Ball/Brine

Hey look it's that pink balloony jellyfish! Jellicent is quite the bulky Ghost Pokemon so she will not fall down quite easily. Cursed Body is really annoying because after using a contact move, there is that ugly chance to disable that move you just used, which is most likely the one that is super effective. STAB Shadow Ball will do numbers to anything not resisting it. Then there is that STAB Surf to mess with your Krookodile... just when you thought "I can use Crunch!" Eh okay, fine let's use Basculin. Energy Ball will make sure your Waters will not get away that easily. Lastly, Brine is a scary move that doubles in power if your HP is lower than 50%, so if your Pokemon is weakened, that move with STAB is a lot more powerful than Surf, so beware.

Sawsbuck may as well be the perfect counter, because it resists Jellicent's STAB Water moves, is immune to Shadow Ball, and can hit back with STAB Horn Leech. Do note that Cursed Body is a scary ability and if you do not have any other coverage move, your Sawsbuck will be disabled for quite a while. Serperior easily turns this one into a set up bait, but will not enjoy Shadow Ball lowering Special Defence. A well placed STAB Leaf Blade will be super effective, fainting Jellicent. Don't set up too much because in this battle, setting up to + 6 will be all for naught. You will see why. You may also use Electric Pokemon such as Zebstrika or something.

623.png

Golurk Lv. 48

GROUND / GHOST

Ability: Iron Fist

Curse/Brick Break/Earthquake/Shadow Punch

The only question about Golurk I have is how in the world is this a Ghost type? Either way, this one is a physical Pokemon with a part Ground typing, making it immune to Electric attacks as well. Curse is not what you think; it will not raise its Attack and Defence and lower Speed. Since Golurk is a Ghost Pokemon, Curse will cast a curse on yours, eating up 25% of your HP per turn, in exchange for 50% of Golurk's. Makes it easier to KO Golurk, sure, but it will mess your Pokemon up badly. Brick Break destroys Reflect and Light Screen, also hitting your Normals for super-effective damage if your plan was to take Ghost attacks. STAB Earthquake will absolutely massacre Pokemon weak to it, such as Emboar or Zebstrika. Lastly, there is STAB Shadow Punch, which not only never misses, but is boosted by its ability Iron Fist, so it can hurt.

Just use Samurott or Serperior if you have it. Their STAB Attacks will make a short work of Golurk. Dark Pokemon such as Krookodile or the likes also work. If you have a Vanilluxe, Golurk also hates Ice Beam due to its Ground typing, so use it.

609.png

Chandelure Lv. 50

GHOST / FIRE

Ability: Flame Body

Fire Blast/Psychic/Shadow Ball/Payback

All right. This Pokemon is THE reason why setting up with Serperior is absolutely futile. This macabre sinister chandelier Pokemon is one of the scariest Pokemon in Black/White... well at least her Dream World version. Thankfully, this is a normal one, but is STILL scary. We're talking a base 145 Special Attack here! You are not OHKOing Chandelure with a + 6 Leaf Blade from Serperior, while that Fire Blast will for sure. Let's think here for a second... base 180 attack with STAB coming from a 145 Special Attack source... yikes! It will also fry your other Pokemon if you were thinking about bringing a Pawniard in. It still can miss, however, with the 85% accuracy, but it has a chance to burn. Psychic will hit your Fighters for super-effective damage... but it wasn't like you were going to bring in Emboar anyways, right? STAB Shadow Ball is scarier than all the other sources of Shadow Ball that you have encountered so far due to that absurd Special Attack. I have no idea why she is carrying Payback, because her physical attack is not too hot. If you touch her with a contact move, Flame Body will cause a burn on your Pokemon, so try to avoid that. Needless to say, I have had a terrifying experience with this one.

Samurott users, I don't care what you do, just Surf it to death! If Chandelure goes first and Shadow Balls... good, because getting into Torrent range will ensure you OHKO that beastly chandelier from the spirit realm. If your Excadrill is overleveled or something, a single Earthquake should do. Krookodile will also do well thanks to STAB Earthquake, but that Fire Blast hurts too much. Have a Gigalith? STAB Rock moves should annihilate it too! Carracosta is 4x resistant to Fire and has STAB Rock or Water attacks to take it down. Archeops is fast enough to use STAB Stone Edge to OHKO. Take advantage of its Ground, Water, Rock, Ghost and Dark weaknesses and she should fall.

Hearing the Samurott roar,

Quoth the ghost, 'Nevermore!'

Victory against the apparition

Is surely an exciting sensation!

Off to fight the rest

In this spellbinding test...

[icon]162[/icon]The Champion

VSAlder.png

Alder

Reward:

1000000 P

TM96 ???

As you descend with that giant statue, you walk up a long staircase. In fact, it's MUCH too long that you start losing vision.

"Is Alder okay? I hope he defeated N..."

You keep walking up the staircase but you start to tire out...

"I knew I should not have shoved a Big Mac into my throat before this..." and then... you decide you need to take a nap. But one second later you get up and see this man with a fiery hair standing triumphantly.

The Champion is here! Supposedly, Alder is supposed to fight N but N had to go put on makeup before coming to fight Alder to decide who is the most powerful trainer of all. Since Alder is bored, he wants to challenge you to a battle. Show him how powerful you have become in this epic clash!

120px-Rd8dex.png

PkMnaPkMnゥ ♂ fPkMnk Lv. 60

Ability: Early Bird

Aurora Beam/TM15/TM03/Fire Punch

Whoa what the? Clearly Alder is using Pokemon we have never seen before ever in the history of Pokemon. This thing has a crazy base stat of 232/147/145/136/136/128, which gives it a total of 942 BST! Alder then proceeds to say his Pokemon comes from this world called Glitch City. Glitch City? I have never heard of it. Anyways, don't bother putting it to sleep because Early Bird makes it get up in one turn or something. Aurora Beam is an Ice attack, so keep your Serperior away. TM15 WILL crash the game, so just hope Alder does not select that move. TM03 is a 32% accurate move with a base power of 9, which is pathetic, so if he uses that, use Samurott's Encore to force him to use that. Lastly, Fire Punch is a physical fire move with 75 base power, so again, keep Serperior away.

I'm sorry, I don't know its typing but all I know is Emboar and Samurott can wall anything this thing has.

Mp%27u.png

M p'u ゥ Lv. 60

TM09/Super Glitch/Super Glitch/TM04

Next is M p'u... what the heck is that symbol thing? While it has a crazy 187 HP and 217 Defence, which makes Skarmory jelly, this guy also has 29 base Special Attack and Special Defence. So pummel it with your Surfs and Fire Blasts and Leaf Storm. TM09 is essentially like Selfdestruct. It has a base 255 power, making it 5 base power over Explosion, but the user faints after using that attack. The catch is, it has 33% accuracy. So when it uses that, just hope it misses. If not, you're as unlucky as Charlie Brown. I have no idea what Super Glitch does, but it for some reason has two of them. I guess if it runs out of one, it'll use the other. Lastly, TM04 is a Water attack, so keep Emboar out. It has 0 base power and 18% accuracy. Again, I don't know what kind of moves Alder is using, but that's kind of scary.

55px-Pokemon_Red_GPC_4B_8_4_8.png

4B 8 4 8 Lv. 66

WATER / FIGHTING

Ability: Illuminate

Body Slam/Swift/Amnesia/Double Kick

Again, his Pokemon are starting to scare me. No wonder people don't battle him! But this guy has a type that we can identify! Therefore, Serperior will do well here with its STAB Grass attacks. Beware of Body Slam's chance of paralysis. Don't bother with Double Team either because Swift never misses. Try using physical attacks because undoubtedly this jerk will spam Amnesia to mess with your special attack. Lastly, Double Kick is STAB because of its Fighting type, so keep your Rock and Ice Pokemon out.

15px-94.png

94 h Lv. 72

Flash/Leech Life/Lovely Kiss/Petal Dance

Level 72?! Now hold it there big guy... I'm not THAT powerful yet! This guy is weird. It is immune to Normal, Fighting, and Ghost attacks and resists Poison and Bug attacks. Is this a NORMAL / GHOST Pokemon we have been waiting for years? It is weak to Dark attacks, so your Crunch and Dark Pulse users will do well. However, Flash can get annoying as it lowers your accuracy. It will attemptt to use super effective Leech Life against your Dark Pokemon to heal some HP. Of course, the more annoying part is, Lovely Kiss is a more accurate Hypnosis, puting your Pokemon to sleep. I hope you're using some Full Heals. Lastly, Petal Dance will murder your Samurott, so I would keep it out of this one. Emboar and Serperior walls this, but the latter should watch out for the super effective Leech Life of 15 base power!

Spr_1b_033.png

Glitcherino Lv. 80

POISON

Ability: Poison Point

Swords Dance/TM50/TM50/TM34

Whoa level 80 Pokemon? What a stretch :(

Glitcherino is a Poison type, and so it is weak to Ground and Psychic attacks. Strangely, unlike other Poisons, it does NOT resist Bug, but it is weak to it too! I'm at a loss here too, but I suppose Glitch City Pokemon are strange. Watch out for Swords Dance, it will double Glitcherino's power. TM50 is a scary attack: it has 56 base power and can attack 2-5 times! That's the most overpowered move I've ever seen... not to mention with Swords Dance, it will get scary. However, it has a base 28% accuracy, so hope it misses. If one TM50 was not bad enough, it has it also in the next slot! His last move TM34 is an odd one, because it is a 9% accurate 0 base power move. I still don't get this; what kind of Pokemon battling has Alder done? Anyways, use Bulldoze or Psychic from stuff like Krookodile or Gothitelle and hopefully Glitcherino will go down. Use Samurott's Megahorn to show him who's boss.

Spr_1b_006.png

アネデパミ Lv. 99

FIRE / FLYING

Ability: Blaze

Karate Chop/TM50/Super Glitch/TM09

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Please Alder stop! I don't want to mess with a level 99 Pokemon! I suppose as Champion, he will do anything to defend his title. But how do we beat this if he's so overleveled? Anyways, being Fire/Flying, this fire lizard from Glitch City sports weakness to Rock, Electric, and Water attacks. Strangely, it is also weak to Ice attacks instead of being neutral. I swear... what generation does Alder come from? This lizard apparently knows Karate, as it can Karate Chop you that is NOT a Fighting attack but a Normal type. So your Garbodor won't be walling that. Oh man... TM50 again? Good grief. Better hope that one doesn't hit. Super Glitch again I have no idea what it does since he never used that on me. Lastly TM09 is a IIIItoto type, and we know what it does. It's like a 255 base power Explosion that has 33% accuracy. Just hope he uses that and pray he doesn't hit. Samurott has a type advantage here, but since this lizard is so overleveled, I don't know if you can handle it. :/

Spr_1b_081.png

Trainer Lv. 241

Tackle/TM05/TM34/TM24

Wait wait wait wait. Is this why Alder is champion? He has NOT SIX, but SEVEN Pokemon! SEVEN! I never met anybody in any Pokemon region with Seven Pokemon in hand before! How does he do it?

O___________________________________O

Level 241?!!! ALDER! SHOW ME YOUR WAYS!!!!

This Pokemon is even named Trainer... under Alder's ownership. Does that make Alder the Master of Trainers? Being Electric, it has a weakness to Ground attacks. I have no idea why it is using Tackle at this point, but maybe Alder wants to go easy on you. Please do sir! TM05 is the most broken move in the game, as it is Double Team on steroids. It raises evasion by THREE stages! I hope you have Swift/Faint Attack/etc handy! TM34 does nothing, so I have no idea why it is using that. Lastly, TM24 is kind of like Zap Cannon, except much less accurate. It is a base 118 power attack with 31% accuracy. It also has 30% chance of paralysis. Unfortunately, no Pokemon walls this as it can affect every Pokemon equally. I haven't got this far, but Trainer schooled my Pokemon badly. That wretched TM05 is so broken I hope it gets banned in the metagame :/

makeupe.png

After this epic battle, N comes in his makeup. You are so horrified at what you behold in your eyes that you start to wake up in front of a large staircase.

... thank God it was only a dream.

[icon]162[/icon]The Champion... Again

Alder is there... looking all disappointed. N's there too.

"You must hurry!" Alder yells out, "We have been waiting for our scripts for ages all because you delayed us with your little nap!"

"The staircase...", you think to yourself, "It's... too long... but I'll make it!"

Then finally you go up the staircase and yell out, "Thank God N is not wearing any make up!"

N stares with a confused gaze but the disappointed look at Alder's face and N's triumphant posture indicated something was wrong.

"I...I was defeated" Alder says, "even though my Pokemon were well 20 levels above his!"

"But how?" you ask.

"Just pretend this happened so that we can move along with the plot", N whispers.

"Oh", you say with a new understanding.

"Now", N says, ""It's over! Never again will Pokémon be made to suffer or be held captive by humans. It's all thanks to my new dragon friend (whichever one your version is)! You may have the title of Champion… But you can't stop me with just a title. Your soft heart has left you weak. Years ago, you lost your Pokémon, your partner, to sickness. In order to forget the pain in your heart, you wandered Unova… Who knows how long it's been since you've had to fight with your full strength? I actually kind of like that about you, though. As a Trainer who far outmatches the Champion, I shall issue an order across Unova: Trainers of the world, free your Pokémon!"

After a long dialogue of blah blah blahs, a giant castle emerges from the ground, which completely covers the Pokemon League. How the heck did he do that? Whatever the case, you must follow N to the Team Plasma castle so that you may stop N and his nefarious plot of separating humans and Pokemon. Will you be able to stop this menace?

You keep going... get healed by two lovely ladies, until you reach N and he says he is disappointed that he does not see your dragon with you.

"But I have my Haxorus" you say, "and he can OHKO your Zekrom or Reshiram any day!"

N is annoyed at your competitive battling gesture, as in-game people must follow the script, and all of a sudden the dragon you are supposed to have because of your "Chosen One" status appears.

"Oooh shiny!" you say and go and capture the dragon.*

N heals your Pokemon because he claims the battle would be meaningless if your Pokemon were already weakened. How nice of him.

"But... you know I'll destroy you anyways if you heal me", you protest.

"Just be quiet and let's follow the script as planned", N states frustrated.

"Ohh... okay" you say, and go along and decide to battle N.

*Note: Your dragon cannot be captured IF by unlikely chance your party AND boxes are all full. It will migrate to Dragonspiral Tower and you can capture it there later. But I doubt you will let that happen, will you, novice trainer?

If you play Pokemon Black

VSN.png

King N

Reward:

10000 P

Let the battle that decides the fate of this world begin!

644p.png

Zekrom Lv. 52

DRAGON / ELECTRIC

Ability: TeraVolt

Fusion Bolt/Zen Headbutt/Giga Impact/Light Screen

Okay, when N sends out his Zekrom, your Reshiram should be first automatically. If you had 6 Pokemon, one can be sent back to storage. Fortunately for you, Reshiram has the upper hand against Zekrom in this battle. More often than not, Zekrom will spam Fusion Bolt, which will not be very effective anyways due to Reshiram resisting it. It is a physical based electric attack, which is 150 attack power with STAB factored in. I haven't seen it use Zen Headbutt yet but that nasty flinch rate can be surprising. My friend raged because one time Zekrom pulled a surprise critical hit Giga Impact which OHKOd his Reshiram, but it shouldn't be happening very often. Finally it MIGHT use Light Screen to halve the damage it takes from your special attacks, BUT I have never seen it happen.

If you are planning on using Reshiram, just use Dragonbreath. It is super effective against Zekrom, which is 90 base power with STAB with a chance of paralysis. Even with a nature that negatively impacts your special attack (like Impish, which I had), you should be able to 2HKO Zekrom, due to Reshiram's superior special attack against Zekrom's relatively lower (but still high) special defence.

If you do not plan on using Reshiram, Excadrill will wall whatever Zekrom has to offer and can hit back with a STAB Earthquake. In fact, you can turn it into set up fodder, run Swords Dance and Sandstorm while holding a a Smooth Rock (I hope its ability is Sand Rush), and you will have 8 turns of sweepage... wait never mind I forgot about the next Pokemon. Forget what I said. Also, Serperior is amazing here as well since it resists Fusion Bolt and can set up Coil on this predominantly physical attacker and hit with Return because Zekrom resists Leaf Blade. Krookodile is immune to two of Zekrom's attacks and can use Earthquake but Giga Impact is going to hurt... possibly OHKO. Zekrom's weaknesses are Dragon, Ice, and Ground, so do whatever you need to do to take this fiend down.

565p.png

Carracosta Lv. 50

WATER / ROCK

Stone Edge/Aqua Jet/Crunch/Waterfall

N will undoubtedly send Carracosta out if you have Reshiram out. My advice, SWITCH OUT! Reshiram will get utterly destroyed by something that has a 4x resistance to its STAB and a super effective move that will undoubtedly OHKO. Anyhow, Carracosta is a Water / Rock type with a 4x weakness to Grass, and sports a weakness to Fighting, Electric attacks and Ground attacks. STAB Stone Edge is the reason why Reshiram should flee and avoid this battle, as it has nothing to take the Archelon down. Aqua Jet also gets STAB and like Quick Attack, is a priority move so it will go first, despite Carracosta's abysmal speed. Crunch lowers defence and hits your Jellicent for super-effective damage. STAB Waterfall will hurt a lot of things for major damage too if they do not resist it. Sturdy means Carracosta will always survive one fatal hit if at full HP, so don't think about OHKOing it.

If Serperior did not fight Zekrom, then this one is the PERFECT Pokemon to set up on. Keep Coiling until you are at + 6 and Leaf Blade everyone in this team away. That's how I did it. Try throwing a Leech Seed before attempting if you still have it. Samurott with Grass Knot has already won this battle before it was even spoken of. If you have a Virizion, it is the perfect counter because it resists EVERYTHING Carracosta has to offer and can respond with its STAB Giga Drain. Grass Pokemon in general, even the enigmatic Ferrothorn, will do well. Zebstrika would be good but it is too fragile to handle anything from Carracosta.

Also, this is the reason why I took back what I said about a possible Excadrill sweep before: Carracosta is an utter block to it. Even if Excadrill uses Earthquake, Sturdy says no way and Carracosta's Waterfall will OHKO back. If not, he has Aqua Jet to finish Excadrill off and boasts an immunity to Sandstorm. Well, you can actually bypass Sturdy if you had someone else set up Stealth Rocks beforehand and then set up with Excadrill. Advanced tip for future competitive players, heh heh. But otherwise, do not attempt this.

584.png

Vanilluxe Lv. 50

ICE

Blizzard/Hail/Flash Cannon/Frost Breath

Awww it's that cute two headed Ice Cream! I love this guy really, although his design is controversial because it is "too simple" or something. "Gamefreak is running out of ideas!" Yeah I agree with that statement but not on something like Vanilluxe. Anyways, this guy has no real weaknesses in his stats asides from his low 79 base speed. His Special Attack and his Defences are quite admirable however. What makes him not too tough to take down is his four common weaknesses to Fire, Fighting, Rock, and Steel attacks. His strategy is simple: he will probably summon a hailstorm with Hail and follow up with his scary STAB Blizzard, which will NEVER miss in hail. In addition to that, Ice Body allows him to recover health during hail every turn. Flash Cannon is there for some coverage against his fellow Ice and dangerous Rock Pokemon and Frost Breath will always strike a critical hit.

Reshiram used Fusion Flare! It's super effective! Vanilluxe fainted! That's all you need to do... or...

Emboar just destroys this guy with his STAB Fire and Fighting attacks and resists whatever Vanilluxe has. Samurott also resists everything Vanilluxe has and can strike back with his STAB Water attacks or Revenge if you desire. If Serperior is all set up you can use STAB Leaf Blade and down he goes! If you did not set up, stay away from this crazy Ice Cream! In general, have a Fire Pokemon like Darmanitan or some fighter like Conkeldurr ready and he should go down in one hit. Mind you, Gigalith should also do well by using Stone Edge to OHKO, but Flash Cannon does hurt quite a bit. If you miss... it's all over.

567x.png

Archeops Lv. 50

ROCK / FLYING

Ability: Defeatist

Stone Edge/Acrobatics/Dragon Claw/Crunch

Archeops is one DANGEROUS customer. His attack power is staggering and he's blazing fast as well. However, he is fragile and a single non-resisted attack will usually put him down quickly. But can you survive his onslaught? STAB Stone Edge will always hurt, with a high critical hit rate and 150 base power factoring in STAB. Then there is Acrobatics, his strongest attack. Factoring in STAB, this is a 195 base power attack because Archeops is NOT holding any item! Dragon Claw will hurt any dragons like Haxorus and friends, and Crunch hurts your Ghosts and Psychics... not like he needs it. Archeops has one dangerous flaw though: his ability Defeatist. This basically reduces his attack and special attack by half if his HP is below 50%. Take advantage of this if you can.

Keep Reshiram out of this. You are not surviving that Stone Edge, methinks. If Serperior is all set up, STAB Leaf Blade is the way to go. Samurott should OHKO with Surf or something. Steel Pokemon like Klinklank resists everything Archeops has to offer and has STAB Gear Grind or something of that effect to strike back. Someone fast like Zebstrika should OHKO with Wild Charge or something and Gigalith is not OHKOd by anything while it can OHKO back with its Stone Edge. Take note of Archeops's apparent weakness to Water, Electric, Ice, Rock, and Steel weakness and he will go down quickly.

571p.png

Zoroark Lv. 50

DARK

Ability: Illusion

Flamethrower/Focus Blast/Night Slash/Retaliate

You actually won't see this deceptive fox as Zoroark but as Klinklang due to his ability Illusion, which makes Zoroark take the form of the last Pokemon in the roster, which in this case is Klinklang. You see those gears firing that Flamethrower and you'll know something is wrong. Focus Blast is that powerful yet inaccurate Fighting move. Night Slash is STAB and has high critical hit chance. Lastly, Retaliate will be 140 base power as soon as he uses it when he is sent out because something must have fainted for him to be forced out, right? So how to deal with this tricky fox?

Not to worry, both Zoroark and Klinklang are weak to Fighting attacks, so you Emboar people don't have to worry. Serperior all set up will OHKO with Leaf Blade. Samurott doesn't worry too much really and he can fire a STAB Surf to make sure; Zoroark won't be taking that too happily anyways. Zoroark is much too fragile and will take a huge chunk of damage from anything STAB'd, and OHKOd from nearly anything it is weak to, which is Fighting and Bug attacks. Reshiram will still OHKO with Fusion Flare, I think.

spr5b601.png

Klinklang Lv. 50

STEEL

Ability: Plus

Flash Cannon/Metal Sound/Hyper Beam/Thunderbolt

Lastly there is this enigmatic gear Pokemon with SUCH a creative name it borrowed from its pre-evolutions Klink and Klang. Joyous? Sure... but luckily its movepool is not too hot. Its main strategy will be firing those nasty Metal Sound to halve your Special Defence and use either STAB Flash Cannon, Thunderbolt, or that dreaded Hyper Beam to hurt your Pokemon.

Not too much of a problem for Reshiram as a super effective Fusion Flare will OHKO anyways. Emboar can defeat Klinklang as well with whatever STAB Fire or Fighting attacks it has. Don't worry about Klinklang's Steel typing if Serperior is all set up, as Leaf Blade will still result to 2HKO. Samurott must beware of Thunderbolt however but can still hit hard with STAB Surf or something. If you have Excadrill, you can use it because it walls anything Klinklang has and can retaliate with STAB Earthquake. Fires, Fighters, and Ground Pokemon in general will defeat Klinklang with little problems, so use them.

Congratulations, dear hero! You have now saved the world!

... or have you?

If you play Pokemon White

VSN.png

King N

Reward:

10000 P

643.png

Reshiram Lv. 52

DRAGON / FIRE

Ability: TurboBlaze

Hyper Beam/Fusion Flare/Extrasensory/Reflect

Okay, when N sends out his Reshiram, your Zekrom should be first automatically. If you had 6 Pokemon, one can be sent back to storage. Fortunately for you, Zekrom has the upper hand against Reshiram in this battle. More often than not, Reshiram will spam Fusion Flare, which will not be very effective anyways due to Zekrom resisting it. It is a special based fire attack, which is 150 attack power with STAB factored in. I haven't seen it use Extrasensory yet but that nasty flinch rate can be surprising. That Hyper Beam might be lethal, but I never had the experience of it using that. Finally it MIGHT use Reflect to halve the damage it takes from your physical attacks, BUT I have never seen it happen. Besides, you're not using your physical attacks here, are you?

If you are planning on using Zekrom, just use Dragonbreath. It is super effective against Reshiram, which is 90 base power with STAB with a chance of paralysis. You will most likely 3HKO Reshiram with it due to Reshiram's superior special defence, but this is your best tool you have against it. If paralysis kicks in, that's awesome! However, N will opt to use that Full Restore when low on health... but just keep using it. Like you have any other choice, right?

If you do not plan on using Zekrom, try some Rock Pokemon such as Gigalith, Carracosta, or Archeops, as a STAB Stone Edge will prove lethal more often than not. Samurott resists Fusion Flare and has its own STAB Surf to rely on, though it will not be super-effective due to that Dragon typing. You can also try to phaze it out (meaning force it to go back to its Pokeball) with Dragon Tail. Not only is it super effective but you can force something else out so that Reshiram can be sent in later. In fact, if you have Serperior, set up on a Carracosta or something and Reshiram can be OHKOd with a + 6 Return... I think. You can also lay down Stealth Rocks if you do this and when Reshiram is sent out later, it will lose 25% of its HP during that process! Neat huh? Either way, be creative. Reshiram's weaknesses are Dragon, Rock, and Ground, so do whatever you need to do to take this fiend down.

565p.png

Carracosta Lv. 50

WATER / ROCK

Stone Edge/Aqua Jet/Crunch/Waterfall

Carracosta is a Water / Rock type with a 4x weakness to Grass, and sports a weakness to Fighting, Electric attacks and Ground attacks. STAB Stone Edge is quite powerful and will leave a huge dent on anything that does not resist it, sporting a base 150 power with STAB factored in. Aqua Jet also gets STAB and like Quick Attack, is a priority move so it will go first, despite Carracosta's abysmal speed. Crunch lowers defence and hits your Jellicent for super-effective damage. STAB Waterfall will hurt a lot of things for major damage too if they do not resist it. Sturdy means Carracosta will always survive one fatal hit if at full HP, so don't think about OHKOing it.

Zekrom with Fusion Bolt should result to a 2HKO while none of Carracosta's attacks will be fatal. If not, this is the PERFECT Pokemon to set up on with Serperior. Keep Coiling until you are at + 6 and Leaf Blade everyone in this team away. That's how I did it. Try throwing a Leech Seed before attempting if you still have it. Samurott with Grass Knot has already won this battle before it was even spoken of. If you have a Virizion, it is the perfect counter because it resists EVERYTHING Carracosta has to offer and can respond with its STAB Giga Drain. Grass Pokemon in general, even the enigmatic Ferrothorn, will do well. Zebstrika would be good but it is too fragile to handle anything from Carracosta.

584.png

Vanilluxe Lv. 50

ICE

Blizzard/Hail/Flash Cannon/Frost Breath

Awww it's that cute two headed Ice Cream! I love this guy really, although his design is controversial because it is "too simple" or something. "Gamefreak is running out of ideas!" Yeah I agree with that statement but not on something like Vanilluxe. Anyways, this guy has no real weaknesses in his stats asides from his low 79 base speed. His Special Attack and his Defences are quite admirable however. What makes him not too tough to take down is his four common weaknesses to Fire, Fighting, Rock, and Steel attacks. His strategy is simple: he will probably summon a hailstorm with Hail and follow up with his scary STAB Blizzard, which will NEVER miss in hail. In addition to that, Ice Body allows him to recover health during hail every turn. Flash Cannon is there for some coverage against his fellow Ice and dangerous Rock Pokemon and Frost Breath will always strike a critical hit.

I wouldn't resort to Zekrom against this guy because Zekrom has that nasty weakness to Ice attacks. But I think it will at least 2HKO the Ice Cream with Fusion Bolt. Emboar just destroys this guy with his STAB Fire and Fighting attacks and resists whatever Vanilluxe has. Samurott also resists everything Vanilluxe has and can strike back with his STAB Water attacks or Revenge if you desire. If Serperior is all set up you can use STAB Leaf Blade and down he goes! If you did not set up, stay away from this crazy Ice Cream! In general, have a Fire Pokemon like Darmanitan or some fighter like Conkeldurr ready and he should go down in one hit. Mind you, Gigalith should also do well by using Stone Edge to OHKO, but Flash Cannon does hurt quite a bit. If you miss... it's all over.

567x.png

Archeops Lv. 50

ROCK / FLYING

Ability: Defeatist

Stone Edge/Acrobatics/Dragon Claw/Crunch

Archeops is one DANGEROUS customer. His attack power is staggering and he's blazing fast as well. However, he is fragile and a single non-resisted attack will usually put him down quickly. But can you survive his onslaught? STAB Stone Edge will always hurt, with a high critical hit rate and 150 base power factoring in STAB. Then there is Acrobatics, his strongest attack. Factoring in STAB, this is a 195 base power attack because Archeops is NOT holding any item! Dragon Claw will hurt any dragons like Haxorus and friends, and Crunch hurts your Ghosts and Psychics... not like he needs it. Archeops has one dangerous flaw though: his ability Defeatist. This basically reduces his attack and special attack by half if his HP is below 50%. Take advantage of this if you can.

Zekrom can attempt a Fusion Bolt for that OHKO, but Archeops will defeat it if Zekrom is already weakened (which is most likely) with super effective Dragon Claw. It is also likely that Archeops is faster, so this isn't a battle I would stay in at this point. If Serperior is all set up, STAB Leaf Blade is the way to go. Samurott should OHKO with Surf or something. Steel Pokemon like Klinklank resists everything Archeops has to offer and has STAB Gear Grind or something of that effect to strike back. Someone fast like Zebstrika should OHKO with Wild Charge or something and Gigalith is not OHKOd by anything while it can OHKO back with its Stone Edge. Take note of Archeops's apparent weakness to Water, Electric, Ice, Rock, and Steel weakness and he will go down quickly.

571p.png

Zoroark Lv. 50

DARK

Ability: Illusion

Flamethrower/Focus Blast/Night Slash/Retaliate

You actually won't see this deceptive fox as Zoroark but as Klinklang due to his ability Illusion, which makes Zoroark take the form of the last Pokemon in the roster, which in this case is Klinklang. You see those gears firing that Flamethrower and you'll know something is wrong. Focus Blast is that powerful yet inaccurate Fighting move. Night Slash is STAB and has high critical hit chance. Lastly, Retaliate will be 140 base power as soon as he uses it when he is sent out because something must have fainted for him to be forced out, right? So how to deal with this tricky fox?

Not to worry, both Zoroark and Klinklang are weak to Fighting attacks, so you Emboar people don't have to worry. Serperior all set up will OHKO with Leaf Blade. Samurott doesn't worry too much really and he can fire a STAB Surf to make sure; Zoroark won't be taking that too happily anyways. Zoroark is much too fragile and will take a huge chunk of damage from anything STAB'd, and OHKOd from nearly anything it is weak to, which is Fighting and Bug attacks. Zekrom will still OHKO with Fusion Bolt, I think.

spr5b601.png

Klinklang Lv. 50

STEEL

Ability: Plus

Flash Cannon/Metal Sound/Hyper Beam/Thunderbolt

Lastly there is this enigmatic gear Pokemon with SUCH a creative name it borrowed from its pre-evolutions Klink and Klang. Joyous? Sure... but luckily its movepool is not too hot. Its main strategy will be firing those nasty Metal Sound to halve your Special Defence and use either STAB Flash Cannon, Thunderbolt, or that dreaded Hyper Beam to hurt your Pokemon.

Not too much of a problem for Zekrom as it walls everything bar Hyper Beam and has Fusion Bolt to rely on... as long as it doesn't run out. Yeah, maybe it is time to switch Pokemon. Emboar can defeat Klinklang as well with whatever STAB Fire or Fighting attacks it has. Don't worry about Klinklang's Steel typing if Serperior is all set up, as Leaf Blade will still result to 2HKO. Samurott must beware of Thunderbolt however but can still hit hard with STAB Surf or something. If you have Excadrill, you can use it because it walls anything Klinklang has and can retaliate with STAB Earthquake. Fires, Fighters, and Ground Pokemon in general will defeat Klinklang with little problems, so use them.

Congratulations, dear hero! You have now saved the world!

... or have you?

[icon]162[/icon]The Final Battle

So like, instead of me telling what happens, I can abridge it to summarise what happened since you can watch in your game how it ends up.

VSAlder.png: Hey [insert hero name here], you won!

HilbertChallenge.png: Give it up N. I won this round. You may not separate Pokemon from humans anymore.

VSN.png: I... I guess I was wrong? Why... I truly believed that if that were to happen, all the Pokemon would have been happy. They would not be mistreated like the ones I have seen. :(

HilbertChallenge.png: You mean like how those people use only the strong Pokemon and abandon the weak?

VSN.png: Yes exactly that! And somewhere out there I hear they are even making this system called tiers to differentiate the strong from the weak! What will happen if everybody neglected the wea-

* ceiling is beginning to collapse *

HilbertChallenge.png: What happen?

VSN.png: Somebody set up us the bomb.

VSAlder.png: We get signal.

HilbertChallenge.png: What!

VSAlder.png: Main screen turn on.

HilbertChallenge.png: It's you !!

howrugentlemen.png

allyourpogeyz.png

onwaytodestruction.png

HilbertChallenge.png: What you say !!

moonspeak.png

HilbertChallenge.png: No wait seriously man. What you say !! I no understand moonspeak !!

ellipses.png

chancetosurvive.png

hahahahain.png

Son I are disappoint...

pokmonifeelbadforn.jpg

VSAlder.png: Captain !!

VSN.png: Daddy hates me...

HilbertChallenge.png: Take off every 'ZIG' !!

VSN.png: Daddy hates me :(

HilbertChallenge.png: You know what you doing.

VSN.png: Daddy hates me D:

HilbertChallenge.png: Move 'ZIG'.

VSN.png: DADDY HATES ME!!!

HilbertChallenge.png: For great justice.

VSN.png: Doesn't anyone care that I got verbally abused? Daddy hates me!! :(

VSCheren.png: I'm still here.

HilbertChallenge.pngVSAlder.pngVSN.pngVSGhetsis.png: Where did you come from?!

And now, the grand finale... the match between you, the hero of this world, and the megalomaniac who decides to take all Pokemon for himself, the grand mastermind of the whole Team Plasma, Mister Ghetsis!

VSGhetsis.png

Ghetsis

Reward:

9720 P

Yes, this mean guy will fight you without a break. Everybody tells me your Pokemon heal up automatically after defeating N, though I do not recall that experience. Also, keep in mind, if you reboot your game at this point, you will start ALL THE WAY back to the part where you need to catch Reshiram or Zekrom, so make this battle count!

spr5b563.png

Cofagrigus Lv. 52

GHOST

Ability: Mummy

Toxic/Shadow Ball/Protect/Psychic

UGH this monster. Shauntal's Cofagrigus was annoying, but this one is a lot worse. His strategy is Toxic-stalling, basically intoxicating your Pokemon with Toxic and accumulate damage with Protect every other turn. It's horrific I tell you. Toxic's damage starts out weaker than regular poison's damage, but it will slowly accumulate, making it incredibly deadly. It is a common strategy in competitive battling as well, and it is useful on defensive Pokemon such as Cofagrigus. STAB Shadow Ball is also there for damage and Psychic to hit Fighters I guess.

Reshiram users will 2HKO Cofagrigus with Fusion Flare, but Cofagrigus is able to stall out an extra PP of the already scarce Fusion Flare if you are not careful. Zekrom will take a bit more to fight Cofagrigus because it has more physical defence, so this will be a tougher battle. A good strategy is to switch out to a Steel Pokemon because they are immune to Toxic. Poison Pokemon are also immune to Toxic, but they will get nailed by a super effective Psychic. Excadrill is a good Pokemon to use here. Switch in as it uses Toxic, and turn that guy into a set up bait with Swords Dance, Sandstorm and hit him with a + 6 Earthquake when finished. Thankfully, this Cofagrigus does not have Will-o-Wisp, but still watch out for Mummy.

BTW this is a male Cofagrigus. Do you wonder, if the Pokedex description is true, who this Cofagrigus may have been in the past? :S

626p.png

Bouffalant Lv. 52

NORMAL

Ability: Reckless

Head Charge/Wild Charge/Earthquake/Poison Jab

Whoa! Afro Bull here! Despite how he looks, this guy is not a JOKE Pokemon. He hurts, and I mean that quite literally. He's also very bulky so it will take quite a bit of hits to take him down. Reckless is an ability that buffs up any attack with recoil effect, which is perfect on Bouffalant. Consider Head Charge, his STAB attack that is base 180 with STAB factored in, with the Reckless buff. He is going to puncture a lot of holes in your team if you are not careful. Wild Charge is an electric version of Take Down and is also buffed by Reckless. Earthquake will destroy both Reshiram and Zekrom, so don't even bother. Lastly, Poison Jab is nowhere near threatening as the other moves, but it is still there. Even neutral Head Charge does more damage than super effective Poison Jab.

First off, know that Bouffalant is weak to Fighting attacks, so your Fighters such as Emboar or Conkeldurr will do well here. Golurk has a beneficial typing granting it immunity to both Head Charge and Wild Charge, resistance to Poison Jab, only taking neutral damage from Earthquake. Golurk can use Brick Break or something in return. Bouffalant is quite slow, so most of the time you will be able to go first. Just beware of his Head Charge and you'll do fine.

537o.png

Seismitoad Lv. 52

WATER / GROUND

Ability: Swift Swim

Muddy Water/Rain Dance/Earthquake/Sludge Wave

Seismitoad is the evolution of Palpitoad, and he retains the Water/Ground typing he had as Palpitoad. That means he is immune to Electric attacks but has a 4x weakness to Grass, albeit his only weakness. His strategy is to use Rain Dance to power up his STAB Muddy Water, but also to complement his ability Swift Swim, which doubles his speed in rain. That's going to be dangerous. STAB Earthquake will hurt anything not immune to it, and Sludge Wave is a powerful Poison type attack which covers Grass Pokemon.

Eh, what the heck. Use your Grass Pokemon and it should be over with. If not, I hope your Samurott has Grass Knot. Reshiram and Zekrom will not like this battle, so stay out of it. Otherwise, Water Pokemon should do fine, as they are resistant to Seismitoad's Water STAB while Seismitoad's Rain Dance powers up your own Water moves, which he is not resistant to. Watch out for Earthquakes though. Jellicent can run Scald and hope for a burn, while taking pittance from two of Seismitoad's attacks.

625.png

Bisharp Lv. 52

DARK / STEEL

Ability: Defiant

Night Slash/Stone Edge/X-Scissor/Metal Burst

We have seen Bisharp before only in Grimsley's roster. Remember that lowering his stats will DOUBLE his attack stat thanks to Defiant, so watch out for that. STAB Night Slash will shred your Ghosts and Psychics into pieces. Stone Edge is something you have already seen too much of already, though its 80% accuracy may give you some leeway. X-Scissor covers a good deal of Pokemon as well, while his deadliest attack, Metal Burst, is something to watch out for. If he survives a hit and uses Metal Burst, it will do 1.5x the damage back at you. It will not apply, of course, if your Pokemon is slower.

I hope the rain is not falling at this point, because if you are using Reshiram a single Fusion Flare is the way to go. Zekrom will unfortunately suffer as Fusion Bolt will not OHKO, and if Bisharp uses Metal Burst, that is not good news. Remember that Bisharp is quadruple weak to Fighting attacks, so Emboar or Conkeldurr will be amazing. He is also weak to Fire and Ground attacks, and Excadrill will wall whatever he uses and can play the set up game on him. A single Earthquake after a boost should OHKO. Krookodile can work too, but needs to watch out for X-Scissor.

spr5b604.png

Eelektross Lv. 52

ELECTRIC

Crunch/Flamethrower/Acrobatics/Wild Charge

Please welcome the third Pokemon ever created to have NO WEAKNESS. That's right, Eelektross is an Electric Pokemon with Levitate, thus negating his only would-be Ground weakness. But fret not! That does not mean he is invincible. Crunch means your Psychics and Ghosts should stay out of this. Flamethrower means your Steels, Ice, Bugs and Grassers should stay out. Acrobatics further puts pressure in your Bug and Grass Pokemon and also Fighters, and STAB Wild Charge will do numbers to anyone non-resistant to it. He is as fast as Bouffalant though, which means he's slow, so take advantage of that.

Serperior that have set up (I'm tired of saying this over and over) will OHKO with Leaf Blade, which is what I did. Reshiram and Zekrom should be able to defeat Eelektross with little problems. Use Fusion Flare with Reshiram while Zekrom can run Dragonbreath and such, and he is not taking too much damage from whatever Eelektross has to offer. Remember about Levitate, those who set up with Excadrill: use Rock Slide instead. I believe Gigalith will also work with its hard hitting Stone Edge and all, while it boasts resistances to two of Eelektross's attacks and does not take much from Crunch nor Wild Charge. Hit him hard with your strongest STAB moves (as long as it isn't Flying or Electric) and the eel should go down.

spr5b635.png

Hydreigon Lv. 54

DARK / DRAGON

Dragon Pulse/Fire Blast/Surf/Focus Blast

HilbertChallenge.png: Wait a minute. Did you just summon a monster 10 levels under its evolving stage?

VSGhetsis.png: Yeah so?

HilbertChallenge.png: But that's against the rules!

VSGhetsis.png: Screw the rules! I have green hair!

Yes, Ghetsis is a dirty cheater. Who would have ever known? This Pokemon you behold in front of your eyes should have reached this stage at Level 64, ten levels above the one you see before your eyes! I guess Lance and those trainers with Level 16 Raticates are not the only cheaters around. This Pokemon gives tons of people troubles, and rightfully so. Being the pseudolegendary Pokemon of Unova, Hydreigon boasts well rounded stats along with great bulk, high attack, and a devastatingly high Special Attack stat. Levitate brings him immunity to Ground attacks along with his natural immunity to Psychic attacks. Ouch. STAB Dragon Pulse will shred your team if they are weakened badly. Ok, so let's bring out a Steel Pokemon. Fire Blast and Focus Blast say nope. Darn it... and Surf will douse your Emboar before it can use its Fighting attacks. Ugh...

Do not fret. He still possesses four weaknesses: Ice, Fighting, Bug, and Dragon. I wager your Reshiram and Zekrom are weakened too much to continue on, and their Dragonbreath is not strong enough to OHKO this monster. Believe it or not, Jellicent somehow walls this Pokemon bar STAB Dragon Pulse, and can use attacks that can cause malevolent things such as Scald for burn. If you taught it Blizzard that will serve you well. Low on health? Try to put something weak to water out as a lure and switch in your Jellicent to heal up thanks to Water Absorb. You do have a Water Absorb variant right? No. Okay then. Samurott's super effective Megahorn will do major damage, if not outright OHKO. It is probably a 2HKO though. Use a Fighter if you have to: in fact, I recommend it. Conkeldurr and the likes are the best way to deal with such a nuisance with their STAB Fighting attacks. Maybe Vanilluxe will do with its STAB Ice Beam, but Focus Blast and Fire Blast are scary. If you have the extremely rare Cryogonal, now is a GREAT time to use this guy. He sponges special hits, is naturally faster than Hydreigon, and has STAB Ice attacks to boot. Maybe Beartic but the two blast attacks are scary... not to mention how slow Beartic is. But if it lives, STAB Icicle Crash will take its toll. If your Haxorus is high leveled enough, it shouldn't take more than one Dragon Claw to oust this Hydra. Take advantage of Hydreigon's four weaknesses: you will prevail over him soon enough!

CONGRATULATION !!

A.D.21XX

All bases of Ghetsis Were destroyed.

It seems to be peaceful.

but it is incorrect.

Ghetsis is still alive.

YOU must fight

against Ghetsis again.

And down with them

completely!

Good luck.

After that, the wonderful story ends, and you have finally completed the first part of Pokemon Black and White! N will fly away with his dragon but he will never return again... at least for this game. No you will not ever see N with makeup, but who knows what will happen on a possible subsequent Grey version? Oh, and

[icon]162[/icon]Post-Game: To Foil The Evil Plots of Gamefreak

vipmorimoto.jpg

Shigeki Morimoto

Reward:

6160P

Yes at last! We get to fight a member of Gamefreak. If you win this, maybe Gamefreak will come to make negotiations with us players to stop trolling us with their antics! Can we do it? Let's go to Castelia City's Gamefreak building and defeat Shigeki Morimoto!

510a.png

Liepard Lv. 75

DARK

Ability: Limber

Fake Out/Grass Knot/Night Slash/Sucker Punch

And he opens up with Liepard. Okay... not too hard... except he's Level 75! What a huge level spike we have here! Fake Out will troll on your Pokemon by opening up with a quick priority move + flinch effect. Then we have Grass Knot. Yeah, remember Fake Out? Bye bye to your Sturdy Gigalith! His STAB moves Night Slash and Sucker Punch are his other two moves, and the latter is a priority move. Regardless, you all know how to deal with Liepard by now. Just use some Fighter or Bug Pokemon. Also, he's very fragile, so you should 2HKO at MOST with some unresisted STAB attacks. Don't bother paralysing him; Limber says no way.

516j.png

Simipour Lv. 75 @ Petaya Berry

WATER

Surf/Crunch/Payback/Acrobatics

I know you are sick of EVERYBODY and their mothers in this game using the elemental monkeys. I am too, but here Morimoto decides to troll you with yet another encounter with an elemental monkey...

Hippie monkey with dreadlocks? What am I seeing here? Simipour is arguably the best of the three elemental monkeys. He is quite fast but relatively fragile. STAB Surf is his reliable STAB, but he also has Crunch and Payback, the latter as you know requires Simipour to go last to deal double damage, which won't happen too often due to his speed. Acrobatics doubles in power when held item is lost. So what is Simipour carrying? Petaya Berry raises the user's Special Attack when consumed, and it activates when the user is 25% or lower HP. Well, actually no because Simipour's ability is Gluttony, which means he will eat that berry when 50% instead. So this guy actually has a strategy, which does work really well if that ever happens. But of course, this guy is weak to Grass and Electric attacks so you know what to do.

For those of you who want to snag that Petaya Berry, Gamefreak was clever. In fact, too clever for their own good that they deliberately trolled here. I tried to steal it with Thief or Trick and all of that, but the item was lost after the battle ended! I guess everything returns to status quo once the battle is finished, so there is no way to steal stuff from enemy trainers anymore! That's not nice Gamefreak! So much for having a pinch berry in Black/White...

514u.png

Simisear Lv. 75 @ Petaya Berry

FIRE

Flamethrower/Crunch/Payback/Acrobatics

Oh yay. Guess what? Another one.

Here's the fire elemental monkey... who just doesn't seem to have a clue. His STAB is that mighty Flamethrower, which has 10% chance of burning. As above, his strategy is the SAME as Simipour's, except with Flamethrower. Fortunately for you, Fire is a poor defensive typing, so any Ground, Rock or Water attacks will bring down the monkey with little problems. And no, don't try stealing this guy's berry either :/

512t.png

Simisage Lv. 75 @ Petaya Berry

GRASS

Energy Ball/Crunch/Payback/Acrobatics

Whoo hoo... how did I know this would be his next Pokemon?

The grass monkey is all brave and looks like a warrior if you ask me. He also has giant ears, so he's all ears. Energy Ball STAB is the weakest of the three with 80 base power (120 with STAB) but has that chance of lowering Special Defence. Like the other three... he's just the same, except his defensive typing is even nastier. Though he resists Water, Electric and Grass attacks, he has weaknesses to Fire, Ice, Flying, Bug, and Poison attacks! Exploit that and this monkey is history! That takes care of this guy...

528t.png

Swoobat Lv. 75

PSYCHIC / FLYING

Ability: Unaware

Air Slash/Endeavor/Psychic/Psyshock

Eh really? And I thought you couldn't get any more mundane Mr. Gamefreak. Swoobat's only reliable stat is speed; everything else is really low. However, that is somewhat made up for by his ability Unaware, which means don't bother setting up. STAB Air Slash will quickly get annoying due to that flinch rate, and Endeavor basically means "my HP = YOUR HP". So you get his HP down to 1, so will yours if he elects to use it. It has no effect on Ghost Pokemon though. His last two attacks are STAB Psychic and Psyshock. You've seen Psychic before; it hits quite hard and lowers special defence. What is Psyshock? It's an interesting move that operates on the user's special attack, but will target PHYSICAL Defence instead! So that Cryogonal you had? It's taking MAJOR damage to Psyshock because of that pitiful Defence. Nonetheless, Swoobat's not too problematic if you have Rock, Ice, Electric, Ghost and Dark attacks.

523.png

Zebstrika Lv. 77

ELECTRIC

Ability: Lightningrod

Pursuit/Giga Impact/Flame Charge/Wild Charge

And this... is his strongest Pokemon? A common Zebstrika. So much for that epic battle you promised us Mr. Gamefreak! He's fast and quite powerful, but he's very fragile that you're most likely going to fell this guy in one or two hits. Don't use Electric attacks because Lightningrod makes him immune to it and it raises his Special Attack, which he's not using anyways. Pursuit does double damage to anyone switching out, so if you are training an Abra here, he's going to do that and make you wish you never tried switch training. It also makes this ear-rape noise that was not existent in previous generations. Giga Impact is a physical Hyper Beam, which means it will hurt. 150 base power attack... but it leaves Zebstrika immobile after using it for one turn. Flame Charge makes this already speedy guy faster... so it sucks. But it hits Grass Pokemon for super-effective damage. Lastly, his most dangerous move, Wild Charge, is an electric Take Down, meaning he will suffer recoil damage, but still does reasonable damage. Zebstrika is weak to Ground attacks, but anything decently powerful is strong enough to take this zebra down. He's not too tough if you use the right Pokemon, such as Gigalith or something.

Wow... it looks like Gamefreak got the last laugh after all. Here we were expecting some awesome Pokemon but instead this guy trolls us with your ordinary run-of-the-mill Pokemon. This is just one way for Gamefreak to laugh at us... we shall meet again!

You may fight this guy once every day, always there for you to train against I suppose. Their trolling will never end for all eternity to come...

[icon]162[/icon]Coming Soon

• Post National Dex: E4 Rematch
  • N Encounters
  • Rival Battles
  • Some Others
  • An FAQ section
  • Stop leeching off Bulbapedia for the Trainer Images: I will eventually try and upload them at Imageshack or something, but somehow they randomly delete some images so they go missing >_>
  • If a Grey version ever comes out, I'll probably write a separate Grey version one or something... I don't know. We'll see.
  • Like I said, I MAY evolve this into an actual game guide... but I don't know if I will given time constraints and other stuff
  • I also need to go back to the original Pokemon guide I made to make a lot of fixes as well @_@

cynthiab.png

"So I heard you have saved this world from yet another great destruction.

I would love to battle you to see exactly how strong you are!

Please meet me by Undella Bay <3"

Sincerely,

Some Generic Blonde Haired Gothic Feminist

elfin.png

As always, please let me know if there are any mistakes or any contributions you would like to make. Thank you.

Edited by wraith89

• 2 weeks later...
Nice one Wraith! Especially Alder!

Even Ash and his Badges -----> He does something good, he gets the badge.

All of us, ordinary trainers -----> No need to explain.

Ha ha well... the level 16 Raticate and Lance were references to some illegal activities these trainers were having. For example, Rattata evolves at Level 20, not Level 16, but so many trainers in Red/Green/Blue had underleveled Raticates. In GSC you could find wild Level 16 Raticates at Route 38... but this is the same game with Level 7 Furrets in Route 1 and Level 7 Sandslash in Mt. Moon and all. Lance used a Dragonite with Barrier in Red/Blue, which is not legally obtainable (Yellow's Dragonite was Blizzard/Thunder/Fire Blast/Hyper Beam!) and in GSC Lance's two Dragonairs evolved into Level 47 Dragonites (49 in HGSS) and his strongest was the Level 50 Dragonite. Dragonair evolves at Level 55... and his Aerodactyl learned Rock Slide, something NOT possible during RBYGSC era. That was my reference... though you still see stuff like a trainer with a Level 24 Rapidash and all...

Anyhow thanks for reading my guide! Though I know it's completely outdated because I wrote this many months too late... but I can still salvage this for an upcoming third version hopefully :P

Added Morimoto... which I made in like one minute. I'm getting really lazy :/

BTW this is a male Cofagrigus. Do you wonder, if the Pokedex description is true, who this Cofagrigus may have been in the past?

Didn't we have a chat about this at one point and ended up going D: D: D: "I really hope that's not true"...

Just a thought re that Hydreigon, though, if you can status it before it kills you (for me, that was a Zebstrika with Thunder Wave) then it'll give you an opening to get your Dragon/Ice type in and kill it because it outruns even Haxorus at Lv 55 (that might be my fault though because I didn't EV train and I didn't bother with natures either).

Didn't we have a chat about this at one point and ended up going D: D: D: "I really hope that's not true"...

Just a thought re that Hydreigon, though, if you can status it before it kills you (for me, that was a Zebstrika with Thunder Wave) then it'll give you an opening to get your Dragon/Ice type in and kill it because it outruns even Haxorus at Lv 55 (that might be my fault though because I didn't EV train and I didn't bother with natures either).

Of course we did... but I forgot what kind of a warped up theory you came up with...

That's definitely a viable strategy; status. Paralysis works as long as you're not leaving that Hydreigon with 1 HP after an impact.

*Ghetsis used Full Restore*

tumblr_lft4xyN7zX1qbvc38o1_500.jpg

The original one, before we noticed it was male, had to do with the Cofagrigus being N's mother's soul...

.. then we noticed it was male and went "What if that's N's real dad?" (since I don't remember either of us being able to picture Ghetsis reproducing without brain breakage).

It was the best I had, which isn't saying much. I could have put Toxic on Seismitoad, but that wouldn't have stopped that Hydreigon since Poison doesn't affect stats... and I didn't want to sacrifice a slot on Emboar for Will-O-Wisp (plus Surf would have destroyed my hulk-pig anyway). Freeze, let's not even go there... Thunder Wave to slow it down and let me heal up Reshiram and Haxorus was my only option :/

cofagrigus_by_appletail-d3c01ya.png

Hello Poppy

(Art by appletail)

It's a viable strategy nonetheless. Burn wouldn't even cripple it because all it is using is special attacks, not physical, and poison is too slow to detriment offensive beasts anyways.

Now that I'm skimming over this guide, I'm wondering what kind of drugs I was on when I was writing this... doesn't look like the B/W game I was playing with bases and CAT and all...

GAH CANNOT UNSEE. Where did you find that picture?! Creepy as heck >_<

Yeah, that's true, I hadn't noticed/thought of that. Plus WoW/Toxic have low accuracy and in a situation like this that could mean Hydreigon sweep...

Another possible strategy, I guess, if you have Lilligant with Chlorophyll/Sun up, is to Sleep Powder it and then start whaling away. Leech Seed could also be helpful...

Google seems to have everything...

Setting up works for the most part, especially on that Cofagrigus from the start; he's a set up bait for something like Excadrill especially. If not, those X items such as X Speed/Attack/Def/etc come in handy. I had to resort to that on my Level 59 Feraligatr in HGSS against Lance's Level 72 Salamence (those level spikes are insane...). Then the whole enemy fleet, erm I mean team, can be swept if pulled properly. If you're at the wrong end of a critical hit, reset .__.

I actually never used Excadrill... I was too fond of my Moxie Krookodile >.> STAB Crunch works wonders on half the Elite Four, there's a reason why I always tried to catch a Moxie Sandile.

The Cofag was a problem because I usually chose to use the version legend, and of course Toxic/Protect spam *grr*

Well, you're chronically underleveled yet with incredible (incredibly bad?) luck, and on the other hand I grind so I never had much of a problem with massive level gaps, but I've never had to use X items... though I do admit I was close to using them on Clair and Whitney. -_- Hate them hate them hate them.

Bad luck pushes me... certainly. But defeating Lance with a level 59 Feraligatr that turned to 61? I call that an accomplishment!

I didn't have much problem using Reshiram against Cofagrigus, but Zekrom on the other hand... 3HKO Fusion Bolt with Toxic stall is terrible. I never had an Excadrill, but in practice it certainly looks like the ideal set upper against Cofagrigus.

Small analysis regarding HGSS leveling system:

I figured the HGSS underleveling was not because of how I play, but because of the resources available. A couple of playthroughs showed me that the trainers had Pokemon that did not yield enough EXP, there were not enough, and the wild Pokemon only gave so much. Grinding shouldn't be a requirement. I think it's also the fact they bumped up many of the Pokemon levels after many complaints from the fan base. There was a level gap between the normal trainers the gym leaders. And it wasn't just me; many other people who played were also suffering the same problems (in one extreme case ParaDoX65 had a Quilava by the time he reached the E4, NOT Typhlosion). However, I was overleveled during my fight with Whitney with a level 25 Pokemon, but after that leveling became incredibly difficult; it was easier in the beginning for sure. The game just didn't have the proper resources and grinding on level 20 Tauros wasn't what I'd call efficient grinding. Add to the fact your Pokemon generally are in the mid 50s during the whole Kanto playthrough without extreme grinding, after facing ALL trainers available, then jumping the gun after defeating Blue with Pokemon that are at least 10 levels higher than yours. There was simply not enough resources to go around.

But then again, I tend to train different Pokemon, not just my starter, to fight. Most people also do this, but somehow some of you end up with level 60 Pokemon vs E4 Round 1 and level 75 Pokes fighting E4 Round 2? I guess some people do extreme grinding, but I don't believe that was the case during Victory Road. Either way, I suppose it adds to the challenge of the game, but I was thinking HGSS was supposed to be the "easy mode" of the Pokemon games with its low level curve and such. I guess not.

Not putting down your achievement any. We all have our own ways of doing things, after all.

I do wish there had been better Steel types in BW though... 'cause Klink line and Pawniard line are frankly terrible. Not that they're necessary, a good Ground type basically is a necessity, but I disliked having to choose between Krook and Exca.

Regarding your analysis of the leveling system:

HGSS definitely had that problem, the massive level jump was a pain in the butt and the fact that there were NO good training areas just made it even worse. Lack of trainers in Victory Road also irritated me there. -_-

Then again, they didn't fix things much in Black/White... look at the level jump between the wild Pokemon of Victory Road (Lv 42 ish if you get lucky in a dirt swirl) and the ones on the second half of Route 13 (Lv 59 Kangaskhan in the long grass O_o) That was just a bit too much and made me dislike a lot of the post-game stuff.

Of course. Just stating :P

They had a lot of Bugs and Fighters this gen apparently, but Steels were plentiful but still limited. Escavalier's kind of cool but it requires a trade with a specific Pokemon and it's really slow. Klink is too limited and has an awfully creative name </sarcasm>, Pawniard evolves at level 52 (what the heck?!), Ferroseed is a troll I don't know why it exists. I didn't even use a Ground Pokemon, but Excadrill is just too broken even in-game. You get Earthquake as early as level 36, early Rock Slide, great Ground/Steel typing, amazing stats... seriously. Krookodile is jelly, though he is also amazing in his own rights. Ray used both... but I think he's a nut.

BW's level jump is ridiculous. You're fighting level 60 + right after the E4... then their second batch (which I'm writing up soon) are infested with level 7X! Isn't that crazy? Though most of the trainers with level 60s had something stupid like level 60 Zubat so I defeated them with level 43 Pokemon (yes, my Pokemon were that low)...

Klinklang also evolves at ridiculously high levels and has no good moves to speak of. Ferroseed-- only for Swampert trollin'. Krook is my preferred one for in-game due to usable STAB, though.

I ground up to Lv 55 because of that stupid Hydreigon (full circle conversation) but I was irritated because they gave you no real way to train except for fighting in the long grass outside the Giant Chasm over and over and over and over, once you were done with the Trainers (which didn't take long 'cause some of them had like Lv 65 Ekans. -_-) . At least HGSS gave you the gym leader matchups to play with.

Up to 55? Yikes I stayed at 4X... except Serperior who was like level 52.

It is only the 1st release of the game... if they ever come up with a Grey version or something, no doubt Gym Leader rematches will be available. And I'm sure the game will feel more complete (BW felt ridiculous aside from the story), though I don't know how they'll deal with the Reshiram/Zekrom question (which one will you get?) or how Lenora's signature Pokemon is Watchog (rematch version better not make that one her final)...

I heard enough horror stories about the Hydreigon to want to make sure I was well prepared... Unova is the only region where I felt it was necessary to raise a Dragon because of a) that monster; and b) the lack of decent Ice types. Besides, you know I tend to grind.

I'm looking forward to Grey, though the story will change completely if they change the Reshiram/Zekrom thing... Maybe they'll make Kyurem the mascot and let you catch the other two later, with N wielding one and Ghetsis (?) wielding the other? That'd be fun.

Yeah the Lenora thing was a :/, Watchog is just... creepy. I'd rather her have a badass Herdier since I'm quite fond of that line. If they make a third version I also want Elesa to have a different lineup other than the Zebstrika and that -irritating- pair of Emolgas, because that battle was trollishly irritating and I really don't want to suffer through it AGAIN.