Using my pokemon selector in your programs (or website).

I've been tinkering with the idea of allowing users to leverage my website in use with their programs. The idea being that it would allow developers more options of platforms to develop on - for example, mobile phones would be able to use a GTS emulator. Or make a program that generates pokemon and sends them to the server to be sent to a user. Or use it on your own site as a distribution platform. What do you guys think?

This is a sample spec of what it would look like:

GETs and POSTs would be supported by all variables, with POST overriding any GET for the same variable.
List of Commands:
Commands - Lists the following commands.
ListPokemon - Returns a list of pokemon handled by the server, in CSV format.
ListPokemonXML - Same as above, but XML
SelectPokemon - Requires the following variables: FileName (retrieved above), FriendCode OR IP. Optional variables: anything modifiable. Request without variables for a list.
DownloadPokemon - Requires the following variables: FileName (retrieved above).
UploadPokemon - Requires the following variables: Data (POST or GET, pkm file, unencrypted. If GET, use BASE64), FriendCode OR IP.
MoveList - Returns a /r/n delimited list of moves used by the server. If you specify a move that doesn't exist, or isn't exactly as I have it on this list, the user gets an error.
ItemList - Same as above, but items.

Note: All commands need the variable Gen=4 or Gen=5, except for 'Commands'.

Example format:
http://www.pokegts.us/api.php?SelectPokemon=Ditto.pkm&IP=127.0.0.1&Ver=4

Would select the Pokemon Ditto, as retrieved from a ListPokemon command, and let the server know that you're on Gen 4 (ie, HG/SS/D/P/Pt).

Edited by willaien

I approve and endorse this idea.

A while back, I started a project to generate Pokémon as "naturally" as possible, using RNG and all that. If one could combine such a thing with your platform, it would be possible to generate boxes of "natural" Pokémon, or just make them on-demand.

And the idea of working directly with a mobile phone is interesting too. How awesome would it be to facilitate Pokémon generation, editing, and transferral of Pokémon with nothing more than your DS and smartphone?

A while back, I started a project to generate Pokémon as "naturally" as possible, using RNG and all that. If one could combine such a thing with your platform, it would be possible to generate boxes of "natural" Pokémon, or just make them on-demand.

I like you, codemonkey, but this made me want to kill myself. If the end result is the same data, it makes no difference how it was chosen.

Regarding the actual topic, I'm considering adding this to PokeGen. At this point, however, development is pretty much dead.