Some Pokemon to be checked.

Aarux

I was pretty confident my Pokemon were close to legal when I first made them. They passed Legality Checker and all.

But, eh, I want an expert to look at them. Can someone check these to make sure they're as close to legal as possible?

And a note, I can't use the Trash Byte Normalizer, I use a Mac.

So, if they're messed up... yeah.

4th Viper the Zapdos PKMN File.pkm

7th Slayer Zangoose PKMN File.pkm

Typhlosion - Aarux.pkm

Gardevoir - Onyxus.pkm

Arcanine - Aarux.pkm

4th Viper the Zapdos PKMN File.pkm

7th Slayer Zangoose PKMN File.pkm

Typhlosion - Aarux.pkm

Gardevoir - Onyxus.pkm

Arcanine - Aarux.pkm

• 2 weeks later...

The reason why your pokemon has "wild NDS or GBA" and not "normal NDS or GBA" is because the algorithm is type 2.

how do you fix this?

-Change the IV's abit (like the attack IV of zapdos, its useless anyway) and then press on the PID/IV button. Then press on the generate button.Then look if there is any "Type1" algoritm with your desired nature. Change your IV's untill you can pick a "Type1" algoritm with the nature you want.

Hope this helped people with this problem:-).

Shannon

The hidden hex values are all legit for as far as i can see.

Only i am not 100% sure about your Zangoose and Typlosion.

It has met in "Farawayplace". I think it should be: Torn world (117) since the 46h and

47h are 75 and 00.

0075 = 117 in decimal = Torn world.

But mahbe it could be legit if it was traded from another game, but i am not sure. Anyone else knows this?

Those... since D/P doesn't read the 44h-47h Hex, it has to say that. Since there are some new places in Plat, D/P wouldn't be able to read and all...

This is copied from the Hex Guide, found here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?t=218

The Giratina Factor

Giratina, as well as any other Pokemon caught or hatched in a new Platinum location, are kind of tricky. This will show you how the game reads these new locations, and how to create them.

First of all, these are the new locations added in Platinum:

112- Battle Frontier

113- Battle Factory

114- Battle Castle

115- Battle Roulette

116- Battle Stage

117- Distortion World

118- Global Terminal

119- R.A House

120- Match Place

121- Rotom's Room

122- Eterna Galactic HQ

123- Iron Ruins

124- Iceberg Ruins

125- Rock Peak Ruins

2011- Cynthia*

*2011 is the Hall of Fame for D/P/Pt, but when read for where the egg was from, Pt regards it as Cynthia.

Okay, these are the new locations. But how would Diamond and Pearl read these unknown areas? Nintendo came up with a "good" solution.

Here's how to do it:

The first step is to convert your location to hex. I'm gonna give an example of me hatching a Togepi in Rotom's Room.

Rotom's Room is 121 in decimal, and 79 (0079)in hex.

00 79

79 00

So 46h will be 79 and 47h will be 00.

This is where most people screw up. If you are using a new location in Platinum, you must set the place you met at to 3002 (FarAwayPlace).

When the game notices your Pokemon was caught in a Faraway place, it then looks at your 46h and 47h values. If they are both 00, then the game will simply show FarAwayPlace. If they have values, such as my Togepi here, your game will show the hex value location for where the Pokemon was caught.

This way, if you trade Giratina or any Pokemon from a new location in Platinum, it will show up as FarAwayPlace on Diamond and Pearl. (D/P do not read the 46h/47h values at all.)