Game Freezing

Depends on what you changed. You better've saved a backup copy of the rom (I'm saying this assuming you ripped it yourself from your own retail game). If you know exactly where or what causes it to freeze, you can probably find the area the relative data is located, and see what's different from the original. Just run a comparison with hexcmp, or hexworkshop, I guess.

Well I have a clean rom, a Rudolph patched rom, and then I have the hacked rom that I've been working on(And a few other versions of it that I made some progress on.)

So should I use those comparison programs with the hacked and clean roms? Or hacked and Rudolph patched ones?

I bet this is a script problem - PPRE 0.14b has a strange habit of causing the game to lock up if you save the script in an area that has a lot of movements. I know stuff like Route 30, Route 32, Route 34 and the Indigo Plateau are all culprits.

Assuming I'm right and you did save the script in whatever area it's freezing in, I'd recommend opening it up in PPRE 0.12, then open the area and save it again. That should fix it.

For future reference, if you're just editing wilds then put a bunch of gibberish in the script (i.e. just open some random piece and put in qoghwghwigh or something) and that'll stop the script from saving, while the wilds will still carry through.

Oh! Sorry, well it's been three areas so far:

Route 32- When the guy gives you the Miracle Seed. For some reason though, if I click on him though it won't freeze.

Route 33- When the Rocket Grunt is talking to the guy about how Team Rocket is back.

Slowpoke Well- Right after you beat Proton it freezes

I see, yeah I was having problems just like that when I was making Spirit Gold, particularly the Slowpoke Well one.

The .12 saving should work... uhh, try opening the area(s) in .12, then changing something small (i.e. some random wild Pokemon) and then saving. If that fixes it, then open it up in .14b and change the wild back, and put gibberish in the script to prevent it from saving again.

If that still doesn't work... you might have to start again D= Though you could salvage your narcs if that's the case (a037 is hg wilds, a136 is ss wilds)

That may be so.

Usually you should hack something once.

If you hack a version that has already been hacked,

it may cause the game to get "confused".

Or you may be hacking a spot that is vital for the game to run properly.

That will mess up the game if it is hacked.

I tried doing this before in my pokemon Soulsilver game

before and had to start over because of that.

Edited by Matt the Pokemaniac
misspelling