The Not-So-New Member

Rinax

Hello, everybody from PP! I've never introduced myself because I always forget to post a thread in here. Heh heh...

So, I've been a member since May 21st, 2011. I've always just lurked around the forums, and then decided to create an account. Although, I never posted with it. -_-

As you can see, looking at my account info and signature, I'm a Kingdom Hearts fan as well as Pokémon, obviously.

So, yeah...

Hi Rinax, welcome to Project Pokémon! :)

Although you already know Project Pokémon by lurking around here and there, a welcome would not be misplaced! I would highly recommend you to use your account where it is meant for; participate in discussions and the such! I think you will have found interesting boards or threads by now, so what is keeping you from posting? By the way, I have a question for you! I saw 'Canada' somewhere under the word 'location', so I immediately thought about artists like Front Line Assembly, Devin Townsend, Unexpect, Ion Dissonance, because it seems they are coming from your country. ;) I was wondering what kind of music your prefer and if you eventually know one (or more) of these artists? It is an attempt of knowing at least one thing about a 'new' member like you. So please, tell me all about it!

Well, enjoy your stay and I hope to see you again!

Sorry, I've never heard of them. (Should I?)

I don't really have a preference for what types of music I listen to, because if I hear a song I like, then, well, it becomes something I like... :creep:

I also have a few accounts on other forums/sites, and I'm often known as Rinax with similar information about myself. And I don't post often as well. >_<

Front Line Assembly, Devin Townsend, Unexpect, Ion Dissonance[..]

Yey, fellow Canadian!

I've never heard of those artists either, actually. Hedley, Celine Dion, Michael Buble, Tokyo Police Club, etc?

Anywots, welcome! If you've got questions, or you'd like to talk, I'm always around (:

Welcome to Project Pokemon! Hopefully, you'll enjoy your time here. If you'd like to get into the battling side of things, head over to the competitive battling section, where I spend most of my time. We have plenty of friendly staff here, don't hesitate to ask me or Wraith89 if you need anything.

Sorry, I've never heard of them. (Should I?)

I don't really have a preference for what types of music I listen to, because if I hear a song I like, then, well, it becomes something I like... :creep:

Yes, you should! And arcee should know them, too (at least, the first two). :D

Well, about those preferences... You can 'observe' your musical preferences by looking at the songs you like, in this case. Do they span wide across different genres, or are they maybe clustered around one striking genre? Besides that, you always hear songs you do not like, or something you won't find interesting... or boring. Anyway, not that I want to 'force' you to look at music like this, but that is what I am doing. And that is why I questioned it. :)

Anyway, it is a Pokémon forum, so don't mind me and have fun here!

Yes, you should! And arcee should know them, too (at least, the first two). :D

Actually, now that I think about it, I think I heard of Front Line Assembly. I looked them up and realized they originated in Vancouver where I liv- You didn't hear me say that...

Ahem, anyway, I need to hear their songs to see if I really recognize them. I just don't feel like looking for all the songs right now.

Ahem, anyway, I need to hear their songs to see if I really recognize them. I just don't feel like looking for all the songs right now.

Haha, you should not do that! Their discography spans from here to Vancouver, to Tokyo and back. :D They make industrial stuff, sometimes a bit ambient-like, but I have the feeling those electronic music artists can make a song too quickly. Bill Leeb, the primary member of the 'band', has got something like 10 other electronic project with a slightly different sound and with other cooperative partners... A pretty large amount of music if you take it all together, I can tell you!

Maybe I will force myself to listen to Corruption of FLA (and hopefully find a good Youtube video of it) so you can look it up it in that 'What Are You Listening?' thread. It is my favourite track anyway... And you are able to hear it if you like. ;)

Oh sweet. You live in (gloomy) err, good ole' Vancouver too?! :D (well, Burnaby, but same thing)

OMG, Burnaby?! Same here- er... *Nervously looks around the neighbourhood*

I often consider Burnaby and Vancouver the same thing.

We should stop talking about where we live. :P