Generation Five OU: A Little Bit of Mess.

Immerse

Hello :)

I'm rather new to the competitive battle scene and have practically no experience, I do however have lots of knowledge on the subject and a thirst to learn more :D

This is my very 1st team that I have solely created and is meant for the Gen 5 OU Wi-Fi arena.

Here it is;

Lead;

Deoxys Speed Form (Shiny):

deoxys-speed.png

Nick: Deoxys (Can not rename because it's traded x.x)

Item: Leftovers/Focus Sash/Life Orb

Nature: Timid

Ability: Pressure

Ev: 252 Hp 252 Sp. Attack 4 Speed

Move Set:

Stealth Rock

Recover/Pursuit

Ice Beam

Psycho Boost

The reason for this as a lead is because thankfully it has been dropped to OU and not many people will expect it. (Or so i hope) It's amazingly fast without EV's or Choice scarf so it will be able to set up stealth rock without a hitch. It's not only going to serve as my lead but a hopeful revenge killer, faster than anything not scarfed means it can stab it's most powerful move to finish the job then retreat, ice beam is there for the pesky dragon Hydreigon because I know that thing is going to be it's main weakness and it's common, also deals with other dragon/grass types.

I wasn't sure what item to give it as I know it's frail but I don't know how frail it is so it may be able to survive an attack if not focus sash is a must the left overs was to heal little by little and the life orb was to get more of a boost out of it's Ice Beam and Psycho Boost. Recover will work with Jirachi's Wish, if i can safe switch i can use recover and get the wish to heal back to full in one also activating Focus sash if it does have one. I wanted this mainly due to the fact iv had all four formes for so long (Two shiny) and never been able to use them because iv never played uber :L

__________________________________________________________________________________

Wall;

Ferrothorn:

Ferrothorn.gif

Nick: iTank

Item: Leftovers

Nature: Sassy

Ability: Iron Barbs

Ev: Hp 252 Attack 8 Defence 168 Sp. Defence 80

Note: Speed iv is 0

Move Set:

Spikes

Leech Seed

Gyro Ball

Power Whip

This guy speaks for it's self, Spikes - Leech Seed and Stab. Switch in on not very effective moves and giggle as you see his hp bar not even budge. This guy is one of my favourites by far! I love him so much he can tank anything except a fire move, 4x weakness really hurts this guy! That's why I chose his next buddy :)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Fire Absorbing Revenge Killing Sweeping Candle of Doom. o_O

Chandelure:

609.png

Nick: iBurnSoulz

Item: Choice Scarf

Ability: Flash Fire

Ev: Hp 4 Sp. Attack 252 Speed 252

Move Set:

Overheat

Shadow Ball

Energy Ball

Hidden Power (Fighting)

This gal is the butter to the bread and has amazing synergy with iTank (Ferrothorn). Able to switch into fire type moves take no damage and raise Sp. Attack is what makes her deadly! Free boost means it can seriously dent anything that will be switched in. Overheat is it's main stab and this is what gives it the sweeping capability with a choice scarf. Shadow ball is it's second stab while it won't give much coverage it will be able to do a serious number to the Lati's, Mew's and Deoxys now they are OU :) Energy ball is in case of a Swampert switch in or and water in general. The HP Fighting is what i make as a 'Shock Tactic' iv noticed that people mainly use T-tar and Heatran to combat this little wick so if I know they have one of these I'll use that as a 'kick in the balls' move and hopefully one shot those pesky mons. (And I managed to get a Litwick with the perfect nature and HP Fighting 70 D: not shiny though ;-;)

Healing Coverage:

Jirachi:

385.png

Nick: Jirachi (Again Traded :L)

Item: Leftovers

Nature: Jolly

Ability: Serene Grace

Ev: Hp 236 Attack 148 Speed 126

Move Set:

Wish

Protect

Fire Punch

Ice Punch

This little guy is obvious, passing the wishes about. He also works in tandem with Deoxys to keep it topped up but also to keep my tank which has no chunk self healing move healthy. This guy also serves as a anti Magnezone/Scizor/Forrotress/Ferroseed (I know Magnezones carry HP fire but with protect and wish and a fire move of my own I can either force switch or possible kill) He also is a Outrage soaker along side my Ferroseed Hopefully stemming any un-setup outrages whitch is common on Mences and ScarfChomps, Ice Punch is to hit them back causing them to flee. I love this little guy adorable and yet so versatile :D

Cover and Wall Breaker (Mainly EvoChansey and EvoDusclops):

Wash Rotom (Shiny):

Shiny%20Rotom%20(Wash).gif

Nick: iWash

Item: Choice Specs

Ability: Levitate

Ev: Hp 252 Sp. Attack 252 Speed 4

Move Set:

Hydro Pump

Thunderbolt

Pain Split

Trick

This guy covers the ground weakness. I made him a little bulkier and gave him a semi healing move so he could last longer. Trick is to disable the set ups and walls like Blissy but choice specs also gives him a slight sweeping capability whilst been able to keep his hp through wish pass and pain split. This guy can destroy a Blissy without batting an eyelid or stop a Baton Passer setting up.

Physical Sweeper/ Late Game Sweeper.

Garchomp (Shiny, probably a waste of a shiny but meh):

shiny_Garchomp.png

Nick: Rawr D:<

Item: Choice Scarf

Nature:

Ability: Sand Veil

Ev: Hp 4 Speed 252 Attack 252

Move Set:

Outrage (Duh)

Earthquake

Stone Edge

Fire Blast

ScarfChomp.... you know the drill I don't think I need to elaborate on this guy :L

Thank you so much for reading, already iv learnt one thing; it takes a long time to post one team D:

Also id like to thank TBird for helping me by letting me use his team to get started :D :creep:

Deoxus does make for a good lead but the way you're running it doesn't make it all that effective. I suggest running this instead

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash/ Lum Berry

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 236 Spd

Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Taunt

- Stealth Rock

- Superpower

- Psycho Boost / Spikes / Magic Coat

You want at least that speed speed to outrun scarf chomp. You don't have to invest in HP if you don't want to, and you could run a straight 252 atk / 252 Spe set instead. However the speed is vital. With team preview everyone can see that you're running Deoxys in lead so they will put the scarf users in front position, of whom you won't be able to out run and as such they will beat you. Taunt is the selling point of Deoxys-S. It has the fastest taunt in the game and as such is awesome for that. Stealth rock is the standard. Super Power will be your move of choice generally speaking as a last ditch attempt to put the hurt on someone. The last move is tricky, Spikes will help ferrothorn out and ease the load in that department, which is helpful without an instant recovery move. Psycho Boost gives you another attacking option. However I would strongly suggest running magic coat to beat thunderurus leads, as they have priority taunt and can ruin your lead set. However, with magic coat you will ruin them with their own taunt, or cripple them with their own Twave.

the Ferrothorn looks good. But you NEED thunderwave over gyro ball. Honestly.

Your chandelure though, I don't like for this team. Garchomp will be your primary revenge killer so you don't need scarf chandelure. I would suggest instead either running a Flame Charge set or a calm mind set. With ferrothorn's Thunderwave you shouldn't have to worry too much about speedier attackers, and then you can use Chandelure as your win condition, the win condition being setting Chandelure up.

Chandelure (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Flash Fire

EVs: 40 HP / 244 SAtk / 224 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Flame Charge

- Fire Blast

- Shadow Ball

- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Set one is a late game sweeping set, you set up a flame charge and clean up the weakened and Twave crippled opponent. There's no need for energy ball as Ferrothorn eats Swampert.

Chandelure (M) @ Leftovers/ Life orb

Trait: Flash Fire

EVs: 240 HP / 128 SAtk / 140 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Calm Mind

- Fire Blast

- Shadow Ball

- Hidden Power [Fighting] / Substitute / Flame Charge

Set two requires a little more set up and is probably once again best left till late game. You're going to want to make sure heatran is gone from the field, make sure there's no blissey, no Sazandora, no tyranitar... basically no speciall walls etc. The EVs are both a leftover number and a life orb number so chose which ever you prefer, you have enough speed to outspeed max speed scizor so that a quick pursuit doesn't catch you off guard and the rest is thrown in special attack. The idea is to use Cm on whatever you can and hope you paralysed enough pokemon to be able to sweep effectively. I wouldn't suggest attempting to set up unless Chandelure is currently getting Leech Seed health or has just been passed a wish. You have your general Stab attacks and a choice with the last. Hidden Power will net you the much needed coverage over heatran and tyranitar. However Substitute gives keeps you safe from crits / status and priority. You could opt for flame charge again in the last spot to get a double dance sort of feel to it, but you may want to go back to running 224 speed and running 32 Special Attack.

Jirachi wants body slam and iron head over the elemental punches. If you can't get Body slam then just go for thunderwave.

Rotom looks good and serves as a great rain killer, too. One suggestion I'd make is running this EV spread instead: EVs: 252 HP / 8 SAtk / 248 Spd w/ Timid nature. That way you outspeed things like CB heracross and live to tell the tale. Tricking spex onto heracross ruins heracross, and then you can trick the band onto a blissey later in the game. It just seems more efficient this way to me.

You might want to consider putting in dragon claw over stone edge so that you don't find yourself getting locked into outrage and giving Lucario or something a free switch in to set up.

Scarf tran can switch in on any of your pokes all day long so long as it watches out for thunderwaves and body slams, and it can break your team by pounding at it with Fire blasts. Rotom makes a good counter, but once/if it falls Heatran is really going to start working on your team. Now a way you can remedy this is by running a hitmontop over your deoxys (hear me out ;)) Hitmontop gets rid of key pokemon that hurt your team. These are things like Terrakion, tyranitar, Starmie, Hydriegon, Heatran, blissey and Bisharp. It also provides spin support for Chandelure. You won't even need to run Hitmontop in lead position, just put it there to feint it as a lead. If you do this, you will want to give Ferrothorn Stealth Rocks over Spikes, as SR is infinitely more important than spikes.

This is the set I run:

Hitmontop (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Technician

EVs: 240 HP / 248 Atk / 20 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Fake Out / Close Combat / Stone Edge

- Mach Punch

- Rapid Spin

- Sucker Punch

Play it against the right pokes and you should have some great success with it. It certainly appears that it would slot in nicely on your team anyway.

I hope that helps :)

Hmm, i was really trying to base this team around deoxys as a lead but im seeing it's real potential. I will admit that hitmontop is useful VERY useful. Uhm i might have to go back to the drawing board while considering your improvements. I really want a Chandelure and Ferrothorn and i was thinking of having a Evolite Dusclops... Meh i really like to stall and wipe at the end. Im at col atm so ill look into it later. Yeah i have that Hitmonop from the last team (With Fake Out).

Hmm just used this team on my mates and well it seem'd rather blah...

It did the job but it wouldn't fair against people that knew what to do :L

Ferrothorn and Chandelure are a must for me, i was thinking of adding a lucario into the mix? Im not sure ill edit this thread when i think of a new setup just trying to figure out the best wasy to stall then sweep :3

You're basically trying to make a balanced team then. I have to say, Balanced is VERY hard to pull off this generation. You need to commit to either full stall or Offence. Things are hitting way too hard for you to half-heartedly stall, it just won't happen. You'll need toxic spikes support and hail. I think a hail team or a sand team would be your best bet at trying to pull off semi-stall / balance / bulky offence (as the passive damage will greatly ease your load). however, this team won't be doing that, so keep this team and now try and make a new one :)

A Defencive sand core that I've been thinking of is Tyranitar / Skarmory / Tentacruel. So if you want you could give that a try.

I'll commit to full stall then, yeah thinks have really changed in this gen :'( I wanted to play the Gen IV but i had no Wi-Fi :L I'll post sometime soon, any pointers? I'll let you use that :D im sure you will pull it off more effectively than me :P

If you're going for full stall you want to have as much passive damage going as possible. So make room for spikes, toxic spikes, stealth rock. Make sure you focus on immunities! You need to be able to safely switch in to pretty much any attack whilst taking as little damage as possible (so running Tyranitar / cradily / tentacruel could be a great idea). I would say Sand would be the best place to start with full stall, as every rock instantly gets a boosted special defence... You can make people cry by using cradily in the sand.

Hail's upside is that less people are running hail, so of course it will affect most teams you go against. Only problem is, Not many pokemon get anything truly great out of it. Just mess around, test out some stuff on PO if you'd want.

Yes Cradaily is a priority choice as it's DW Ability is storm drain adding an extra immunity! I know my mate used it on me while I use Hydro P on it x.x; I was also thinking of running a EvoDusclops, can reach 580ish in one def while the other is around 350-400+ and with pain split toxic and will-o-wisp it can destroy a blissy (My mate found that out to his regret ^^) Also adds fighting immunity. I guess T-tar is the obvious lead, maybe i should give it stealth rocks and a phazer like roar or dragon tail? (Might use roar as it is more reliable i think) Would a Swampert be a good add? Or empoleon?Oh and my rapid spinner i was thinking of having a Claydoll with Dual Screens and Light Clay (OOPS Forgot Tenta can spin :L but still??) i using the Jirachi you helped improve :D. Unfortunately i don't have access to a computer for a lengthy period of time as this is my dads so PO is kinda outa the question. :L Sorry i feel like im bombarding you :3 You can tell me to shut up :D

PS Did you make that sig cus i like the grunge effect, nicely done. :)

Edit: Also i have a Event (Shiny, form the Zoroark event) Sucine that has Aqua ring just in case that can help?

Edited by Immerse