Team Leaglity Help

Codycjd

I'm making a new team, and I want it to look totally legit for the Pokemon VGC. I've ran the Legit checker, and I think everything looks okay..But I would like a second opinion on it, and maybe you guys can find something wrong that I can't. All of the pokemon have the regular name "LUCARIO" like that.

Thanks for any help in advance.

-Cody

Team.rar

Team.rar

Hi Cody :).

I've just finished to check your pokemon, there are some issues :

1) You've to set the location where the pokemon is hatched "Met at Level" at 0, not 1.

2) I've suggest you to correct the base happiness of your pokemon, you can set it base or above or max, what you want

3) You cannot breed Heatran, so you've to find a right PID that match with IVs you choose. Anyway it must be Type 1, so Normal DS or GBA

4) Machamp with No Guard must be Class 2

5) You've to correct the met/hatch date, if is the same day/month/year it's fine and better. Since Platinum has been released in March 22, it's better to set an April date. And, since it's almost impossible breed fine pokemon like those all in one day... make a different day for each one :P

6) Are you going to take part in some tourney with this team ? What is Pokemon VGC ? If so you've to do other 2-3 adjustments (with trash bytes and Pokesav traces) to make them 100% legal.

EDIT = Oh, VGC is Video Game championship, well, then like i've explained in the post number 6 you've to do the following things :

A) Go to Eterna City and nickname your pokemon (but Heatran since it's a Legendary and will not have trash bytes), then renickname them to their original base name. So trash bytes will be resetted, having a nicknamed Pokemon with original name inputted. This is the fastest way. Xeomyr has explained well this in his thread, and with his method you can fix trash bytes just making to hatch egg pokemon in game or knowing their normal trash bytes and fix them on pokesav. Both methods work. And here you'll be fine.

B) Then you've to trade these Pokemon to a Diamond/Pearl version and takin'em back. If you've have whatever problem to do it you can just deposit each one on GTS and then take them back off. This method is to clean the pkm file and erase the traces pokesav sometime leaves (that can be detected).

After these steps your pokemon will be legal.

May i suggest you to normalize the ivs of Gengar and Infernape ? You can run hp ice with some lower iv too. I think 3 ivs at 31 (sometime 4) max are the normality for an expert breeder. On Smogon we can see some flawless pokemon, but it's better to fly low :P. For Heatran 2 ivs at 31 max are fine, not more.

Let us know.

Hi Cody :).

I've just finished to check your pokemon, there are some issues :

1) You've to set the location where the pokemon is hatched "Met at Level" at 0, not 1.

2) I've suggest you to correct the base happiness of your pokemon, you can set it base or above or max, what you want

3) You cannot breed Heatran, so you've to find a right PID that match with IVs you choose. Anyway it must be Type 1, so Normal DS or GBA

4) Machamp with No Guard must be Class 2

5) You've to correct the met/hatch date, if is the same day/month/year it's fine and better. Since Platinum has been released in March 22, it's better to set an April date. And, since it's almost impossible breed fine pokemon like those all in one day... make a different day for each one :P

6) Are you going to take part in some tourney with this team ? What is Pokemon VGC ? If so you've to do other 2-3 adjustments (with trash bytes and Pokesav traces) to make them 100% legal.

EDIT = Oh, VGC is Video Game championship, well, then like i've explained in the post number 6 you've to do the following things :

A) Go to Eterna City and nickname your pokemon (but Heatran since it's a Legendary and will not have trash bytes), then renickname them to their original base name. So trash bytes will be resetted, having a nicknamed Pokemon with original name inputted. This is the fastest way. Xeomyr has explained well this in his thread, and with his method you can fix trash bytes just making to hatch egg pokemon in game or knowing their normal trash bytes and fix them on pokesav. Both methods work. And here you'll be fine.

B) Then you've to trade these Pokemon to a Diamond/Pearl version and takin'em back. If you've have whatever problem to do it you can just deposit each one on GTS and then take them back off. This method is to clean the pkm file and erase the traces pokesav sometime leaves (that can be detected).

After these steps your pokemon will be legal.

May i suggest you to normalize the ivs of Gengar and Infernape ? You can run hp ice with some lower iv too. I think 3 ivs at 31 (sometime 4) max are the normality for an expert breeder. On Smogon we can see some flawless pokemon, but it's better to fly low :P. For Heatran 2 ivs at 31 max are fine, not more.

Let us know.

Thank you. I've done everything you've said and it was a big help ^_^.

I've uploaded the file again, this time with the changes. And Heatran was changed to Magnezone. I realized this today while in school that Heatran cannot be hatched from an egg lol.

I've done all of this but the last two. The GTS and The Nick Name thing. I'll do that last and then try it up here again. :D

Thanks for all of your help though, seriously man, I appreciate it.

Team v2.rar

Team v2.rar

Well, you've to correct the "Met at level" at 0 of Infernape and Machamp, and set the right base or more happiness, then they'll be fine ;)

Okay, thanks :]

I have a question though. Say I would want to name Infernape "Billy" would I have to check the "Nicknamed" box on Pokesav if I named him "Billy" by use of the Nick Namer guy in Eterna?