New to Pokemon editing.. can anyone help me make these legal for Wifi Battling?

Tate

Can someone take a look at my Pokemon and make them legal so they'll work for Wifi Battles? (And tell me why they didn't work so I can learn from my mistakes) Thanks a ton!

Edit: I've managed to make them all work except for Volcarona, can anyone help?

Edited by Tate

Can someone take a look at my Pokemon and make them legal so they'll work for Wifi Battles? (And tell me why they didn't work so I can learn from my mistakes) Thanks a ton!

Here is a list of problems that may/is causing your Pokemon to fail the Legality Check on WiFi:

==========================================================

Conkeldurr:

1. You did not set a Origin
  2. The Location in Hatch conditions is Day-Care Couple. Change it to anywhere else (just to be on the safe side)

Dusknoir:

2. In the Nickname box, you wrote Dusknoir\FFFF. It is suppose to be Dusknoir\FFFF\0000\FFFF
  3. The Location in Hatch conditions is Day-Care Couple. Change it to anywhere else (just to be on the safe side)

Gliscor:

2. In the Nickname box, you wrote Gliscor\FFFF. It is suppose to be Gliscor\FFFF\0000\0000\FFFF
  3. The Location in Hatch conditions is Day-Care Couple. Change it to anywhere else (just to be on the safe side)
  4. The Moves Stealth Rock and Roost are Gen IV Moves. This Gliscor was hatched in a Gen V game.

Haxorus:

2. Haxorus' PID does not match it's Ability
  3. In the Nickname box, you wrote Haxorus\FFFF. It is suppose to be Haxorus\FFFF\0000\0000\FFFF
  4. The Location in Hatch conditions is Day-Care Couple. Change it to anywhere else (just to be on the safe side)

Jellicent:

2. Jellicent's PID does not match it's Ability

Volcarona:

2. Volcarona's PID does not match it's DW Ability (it is suppose to be set to Ability 2 (the PID) but this is not yet confirmed)
  4. In the Extra bytes section, (0x42) should be set to 1 because of it's DW Ability

==========================================================

I believe you can edit them your self or have someone else do it for you.

Awesome, thanks for the help.. but a few questions...

What do you mean about the \FFFF\0000\0000\FFFF after the names?

Is Origin Hometown?

How do I fix the Gliscor so it looks like it was born in generation IV?

Where is the Extra Bytes section?

Origin is which game it came from.

To make Gliscor look like it came from Gen IV you would change the met location to (Poketransfer) not transfer lab and if you want it be appear as tho you hatched it in gen four then you would put location as day care couple (G4) and hatched location (Poketransfer).

Extra Byptes is near where you put your OT ID/SID

Ok... Now I see all the things you were talking about. I was using Pokesav and I downloaded Pokegen to see if I saw what you were talking about. Thanks for the help guys I'll let you know if it works!

What do you mean about the \FFFF\0000\0000\FFFF after the names?

Those are Escape Sequences. A Nickname (in game) can hold up to 10 characters. So let's you have have Charizard and you did not set a Nickname. In the Nickname box, it will have Charizard. Now, if you had a Pichu with no Nickname then in the Nickname box will be Pichu or Pichu\FFFF\0000\0000\0000\0000\FFFF.

Total Characters = 10 + 1 (invisible \FFFF) = 11

Pichu = 5 Characters

11 - 5 = 6

6 - 2 (the Open Sequence and the End Sequence (\FFFF\FFFF) = 4

So there will be 4 \0000's.

Pichu\FFFF\0000\0000\0000\0000\FFFF

Hopefully you understand.

Those are Escape Sequences. A Nickname (in game) can hold up to 10 characters. So let's you have have Charizard and you did not set a Nickname. In the Nickname box, it will have Charizard. Now, if you had a Pichu with no Nickname then in the Nickname box will be Pichu or Pichu\FFFF\0000\0000\0000\0000\FFFF.

Total Characters = 10 + 1 (invisible \FFFF) = 11

Pichu = 5 Characters

11 - 5 = 6

6 - 2 (the Open Sequence and the End Sequence (\FFFF\FFFF) = 4

So there will be 4 \0000's.

Pichu\FFFF\0000\0000\0000\0000\FFFF

Hopefully you understand.

Yes that makes sense, thanks! I still cannot get my Pokemon to work though... Can anyone take another look at them? I updated the download in the first post. Thanks! (Been at this for a while and getting a little annoyed :P)

Ok I narrowed the problem down and only Volcarona won't pass the check. Can anyone take a look at it?

Can Volcarona have DW Ability legally? Is it released? ie. like Darmanitan / Munna.

btw: how come you've posted 5 times and says your postcount is only 1?

Can Volcarona have DW Ability legally? Is it released? ie. like Darmanitan / Munna.

btw: how come you've posted 5 times and says your postcount is only 1?

Gen V DW Ability Pokemon are from the future so... they aren't legal. Darmanitan and Musharna are probably the only ones.

Off Topic:

I had about 72 Posts but when one of my Threads got deleted, my post count went down... dramatically.