Greetings!

Bloodspectre

Hello, everyone! I'm a newcomer to these parts, so I figured I'd start things off on the right foot, especially considering I may end up peppering the forum with "newbie" questions in the coming... minutes (I'm a newcomer to hacking as well, in case that wasn't implied. :P ).

Anyway... I started playing Pokemon back in the R/B/Y era (wish I still had my original Game Boy, if only for the nostalgia), but I took a hiatus after Platinum had been released. I've decided recently to get back into the games, though; I'm planning to pick up HG/SS and B/W after my semester finals are through (along with a 3DS; my DS Lite's top screen is beginning to give out). A little browsing around showed me all of the event Pokemon that I missed through the ages, so I decided to look for ways to get them through other means, which led me here. I have to say, after running into Pokesav and Pokegen, I can't wait to try them out (once I figure out how to use them and what hardware to get, that is.)

It's good to meet you guys in advance, and I hope my future questions aren't too inane. :)

Welcome to the site, Spectre

Many of us here too have been playing since the RBY days so it's always nice to welcome another veteran to the forums :P If you're new to all of this stuff then I would suggest not even wasting your time on Pokesav, pokegen is much better and easier to use (plus the owner of Pokégen is based on these forums so you can much easier annoy him with mass questions.) It's never been easier to use pokégen and send them to your game as it is now, as you can make your pokémon in Pokégen and use a fake GTS to send them to your DS. Check the Miscellaneous emulation forum for the GTS and the Pokégen forum for Pokégen.

If you have any questions feel free to ask us :) Enjoy your stay.

Thanks to the both of you! Yeah, I just looked at PokeGen; it looks a heck of a lot better than Pokesav.

In fact, I've been crawling through the forums for a while now, and... wow. There's just so much to see here! Heck, I didn't think GTS emulation was even possible! And to think, I only found this place because I wanted to find a way to get event Pokemon. I can't really do much now, what with the end of the semester and college finals on the horizon, but once that's done, I'm probably going to spend a while going through it all. :)

First of all; welcome here, Bloodspectre! :)

I also am a bit new to this forum, so I can confirm there is indeed much to see... I still have not read the most active topics, but you have to take your time for that, I suppose! I looked at the replies in this thread and I concluded that you mentioned 'the end of the semester and college finals' in both replies. Oh wait, I quoted that sentence, let's see:

I can't really do much now, what with the end of the semester and college finals on the horizon, but once that's done, I'm probably going to spend a while going through it all. :)

Tadaa! Completely useless, but at least it looks like I am very attentive (and hopefully I will ask something intellectual). That would be a disappointment, so I will continue my story with a simple question. I am wondering what you are doing, so if I may ask; what do you study? :) Before I forget, it is my duty to ask which kind of music you (frequently) listen to and what your favourite artists are, if you have any! Until now, only one member failed to answer that question, so I still think it would be a good start -although it is not actually a start anymore, but most of the time I am the first one who leaves a reply in those introduction threads- to introduce yourself a little bit. The preceding sentence seems a bit confusing actually, but I hope it is not a real problem.

I wish you luck on your journey (through PP, and with your last semester! ^^)

And may our paths cross again!

Ha ha, thanks for the welcome! I'm currently a pre-med freshman (so this isn't my last semester. Not for a while. :P ) studying Biochemistry at the University of Florida, although I'm probably going to double-major in Microbiology as well. As for music? Hmm... I don't have a specific favorite. I like a few mainstream bands (Green Day, Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Dropkick Murphies), and a few others, including Nightwish and Albannach. I also like "epic" compositions (Globus nails that one) and New-Age type music (like Yanni). I'm a bit all over the place; as long as it isn't country/pop/bad rap, I'll listen to it.