Took me long enough, didn't it?

color.me.envious

I've actually been around for a little while now--I joined initially for the RAM and Legality forums, which are excellent resources--but I've found I like the place overall and should consider wandering out from the lands of legal vs legit every now and then, and that being the case, the least I could possibly do is introduce myself.

Call me Envi. I started playing Pokemon when I was 10. My first game was Gold, and I racked up about 600 hours before Crystal came out. Those of you old enough to remember when battery power was actually finite should appreciate this more than the children these days, spoiled with their AC-chargers-come-standard lifestyle. I remember when the only indicator of a low battery was a dimming power indicator light and every time you saw it paling in the corner of your little prepubescent eye, you died just a little bit inside, because you knew you'd soon be begging, borrowing, and stealing from the remotes for fresh batteries.

Nice to be here, ya'll. :P

Yeah, I'd steal what little of AA batteries we had just to play my Game Boy Color until it ran out again... just to get more and more until I realised the supply was finite. That was how it was until all of a sudden the Gold version cartridge would not even save anymore.

Welcome to Project Pokemon Envi. I don't know a lot about RAM nor Pokemon legality and all, but it seems the majority of our members follow those forums.

I played Crystal until the internal battery ran dry, so I feel your pain. After that I had to start the grueling process of begging the adults in my family for a GBA so I could continue on to Sapphire. I remember, I ruined a chair playing my oldschool GBA. I'd lean on one of the chair arms so I could hold it under the lamp, and after months of holding that same position for hours a day, the cushion wore down and it sagged permanently.

Then I got the SP, and my life changed forever. Chargers, and backlights, and clamshells, oh my.

I've seen you around in the RMT forum, Wraith. I thought about posting there, but I'm only semi-competitive and I'm stubborn about using my favorites, so I figured I'd get driven out with torches and pitchforks the first time I tried to peddle my Whimsicott/Lilligant double battle pair to the masses. x: I miss the Battle Hall from 4th Gen, frankly, I had a fantastic double battle team of Vaporeon that cleaned the floor with anything, and now I can't use them since wi-fi and the damned Battle Subway disallow multiple Pokemon of the same species.

I originally got into the whole RAM/Legality thing just because I wanted some mostly benevolent AR codes--rename traded Pokemon, and the like. I'm really not sure how I went from that to editing and building Pokemon on PokeGen, but it happens, I guess. XP

No need to stay off the competitive battling forum, though I do request that you type in a normal sized font.

Batteries sucked. I remember when I was out of the country, visiting relatives, and such, the batteries would suck and never seem to last as long. I remember playing some of the old games while walking down streets and stuff, and not being able to see the screen, so I would spam a and walk through random caves and stuff.

I played Crystal until the internal battery ran dry, so I feel your pain. After that I had to start the grueling process of begging the adults in my family for a GBA so I could continue on to Sapphire. I remember, I ruined a chair playing my oldschool GBA. I'd lean on one of the chair arms so I could hold it under the lamp, and after months of holding that same position for hours a day, the cushion wore down and it sagged permanently.

Then I got the SP, and my life changed forever. Chargers, and backlights, and clamshells, oh my.

I've seen you around in the RMT forum, Wraith. I thought about posting there, but I'm only semi-competitive and I'm stubborn about using my favorites, so I figured I'd get driven out with torches and pitchforks the first time I tried to peddle my Whimsicott/Lilligant double battle pair to the masses. x: I miss the Battle Hall from 4th Gen, frankly, I had a fantastic double battle team of Vaporeon that cleaned the floor with anything, and now I can't use them since wi-fi and the damned Battle Subway disallow multiple Pokemon of the same species.

I originally got into the whole RAM/Legality thing just because I wanted some mostly benevolent AR codes--rename traded Pokemon, and the like. I'm really not sure how I went from that to editing and building Pokemon on PokeGen, but it happens, I guess. XP

Join the club :D

They know me as the guy who uses his favourites during competitive battling. They can still work... just needs adequate support. Not all of us are Smogonites or elitists of that sort, though more often than not, those are the types of criticisms you will receive when posting.

No need to stay off the competitive battling forum, though I do request that you type in a normal sized font.

Batteries sucked. I remember when I was out of the country, visiting relatives, and such, the batteries would suck and never seem to last as long. I remember playing some of the old games while walking down streets and stuff, and not being able to see the screen, so I would spam a and walk through random caves and stuff.

In the RMT forum, or everywhere? x:

I don't know why I type so small, being that my vision is atrocious. Full size font hs just always looked so...ugly, to me.

The first time I navigated Dark Cave, I did so without Flash. Looking back, I'm amazed that I ever found my way back out. >>;

@ Wraith: It doesn't help that I'm not very good ate strategizing. I thought I had all my bases covered with my Whimsicott/Lilligant pair, but I'm having trouble with the Battle Institute so I'm certainly not ready to take these two on wifi.