B/W Image Editing - Some Progress!

So, mugshots are now editable, but has anyone besides this fellow figured out how to edit in-battle sprites or overworlds?

Now I can at least view the frontal, in-battle sprites enough to know that each sprite has 7 components. The first two being images, the last being a palette, and the remaining four being dedicated to animation even though they're motionless. And I can load a palette and get a bunch of correctly-colored pixels in TileMolester. Has anybody who's willing to talk figured out more than this?

And has anybody located the correct narc location for overworlds? Are the .btx files in a/0/1/4 the OW's?

Cheers!

I know that, i now still progessing editing SDAT, also mugshot, yeah is working after looping in FLstudio (looping is used HEXEditor) and i follow teamfail tutorial, yeah all is i used crystalltile, VGATrans+ much many tools...... (i not tell because is not free program, some free like kazoWAR tools)

Is just replace sseq Elitefour only , replace some sprite in (i forgot but i have note), is very long tutorial.......

i was found sprite, and i can edited it with my photoshop, and is easy but need time to reconstruction ....... :< wkwkwkwkwkwk

In was found some sprite and i named it in my list, yeah some btx, and map files (i open with kazowar tools but still no read corectly)

yeah maybe in this month i was done, wait my hack version :D but is in my language is indonesia :)

i hacking ROM BW since japanese, so i know anything about ROM BW, is look same but some is not same :/ but is stiil easy xD

maybe i will tell everyone how made it :) but in this time i have final test must be complete in this month!!!

In this video still used japanese ROM, bu i wonder about how to edit sbnk files ?????

EDIT: I now remember! , in a/0/7/2 is have a lot sprite of hero/NPC, yes is have 7 file, look this image:

snag0000.jpg

look:

snag0001u.jpg

Edit2: BTX files:

a/0/4/5 ---> BTX SPRITE POKEMON MUSICAL

snag0003.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

a/0/4/9 ---> BTX SPRITE HERO + pokemon SPRITE

snag0002.jpg

a/0/1/4 ---> 0XTB, the overworld BTX files arena sprite

is just material of game, building object sprite, well is a BTX

a/0/6/9 ---> bta files ? (I don't know and i can't see this image)?

also all sprite are compressed!!!!!

snag0000.jpg

snag0000.jpg.2d69eed396f879a72b78338cc97

Edited by Andibad
Added something data

Very nice! I found that you can also edit your overworld sprites in PokeTEX, as long as you add "start, 14" to the beginning of list.txt.

Andibad, how do you get the a/0/7/2 sprites out of ConsoleTool to edit them in photoshop? Is TileMolester involved in any way?

Edited by Abacus

Very nice! I found that you can also edit your overworld sprites in PokeTEX, as long as you add "start, 14" to the beginning of list.txt.

Andibad, how do you get the a/0/7/2 sprites out of ConsoleTool to edit them in photoshop? Is TileMolester involved in any way?

remmeber some sprite are compressed by LZ77, in crystall tile, you can edit them easy if you uncompressed them in right method. if wrong, the file size are more than 3 MB. remember, i found many program to view, editing for them but is no really stable, so i pick crystal tile, need time to reinsert for complete :/

What's the "right method" for decompressing in CrystalTile? I just used editor.exe to decompress my a/0/7/2 narc, then opened it in Crystal tile. None of the options would let me export/decompress the images. What did i do wrong?

And just what do you mean by "I pick crystal tile, need time to reinsert for complete?" That one flew right over my head.

Cheers, mate!

But in order to manually edit them, you would have to decompress them first, right? How did you decompress the trainer sprites in CrystalTile? Andibad, I swear, if you help me through this I *will* name my firstborn child after you :P